Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,151 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:30 PM

Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria (7030 Views)

MURIC Orders Yunusa To Face Sharia Court! / Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Handcuffs (Photos) / Hundred Of Boko Haram Members Killed Today In Nothern Cameroon(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:40am On Dec 28, 2009
This video shows a sharia judge sentencing an able bodied man to 15 lashes for an allegation for which there was no evidence.

LWKMD grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy72H750LGI&feature=related

Scroll to 2:22 for the Sharia Court scene
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 28, 2009
mutallab ;d ;d
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by bilymuse: 10:27am On Dec 28, 2009
very interesting
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:51am On Nov 08, 2012
Scroll to 2:22 for the Sharia Court scene.
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by ebamma(m): 7:24am On Nov 08, 2012
So what?
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Osama10(m): 7:24am On Nov 08, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by IleIfe2(m): 7:25am On Nov 08, 2012
E gbon olorun tobi! Allahu' Akbar!!
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by ogb5(m): 7:30am On Nov 08, 2012
That's natural justice, Nigeria style grin
Guilty until proven innocent.

Just don't let a mob accuse you of a crime in naija, convincing all members of the mob that you are innocent is no child's play.
The video is very revealing, the guy was very willing to collect the lashes and move on with his life.

He said compared to the beatings from the police, he can take the lashes easily, very pathetic situation to be in, taking a punishment for a crime that was not proven and taking it willingly

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Azeola: 7:32am On Nov 08, 2012
i wonder whyy u guyz jst alwayz lyk nakn manythnz out of nothn......nd dis z worth frontpage.....na only God go save us frm media power oo
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by passionate88: 7:32am On Nov 08, 2012
Na wa o... This is what some idi.o.ts are killing people for..
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by deols(f): 7:33am On Nov 08, 2012
What is ur problem op? At least this got to a court. Would biafra have given him that chance?they would have aluunised him.

Being burnt alive and being lashed. Which is better?

1 Like

Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by ogb5(m): 7:37am On Nov 08, 2012
Azeola: i wonder whyy u guyz jst alwayz lyk nakn manythnz out of nothn......nd dis z worth frontpage.....na only God go save us frm media power oo

you are missing the main point. an accused is supposed to the assumed to be innocent of a crime until proven otherwise.
In this case the judge noted that the case has not be proven against him yet went ahead to declare him guilty and ordered that he be punished
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Rich4god(m): 7:54am On Nov 08, 2012
How those this affect the fact that Boko boys is killing innocent Nigerians. Just wasted my bandwith...
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by baysol: 8:00am On Nov 08, 2012
Ile-Ife:
E gbon olorun tobi! Allahu' Akbar!!

Muslims are the pollutants of Yoruba land.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Azeola: 8:55am On Nov 08, 2012
ogb5:

you are missing the main point. an accused is supposed to the assumed to be innocent of a crime until proven otherwise.
In this case the judge noted that the case has not be proven against him yet went ahead to declare him guilty and ordered that he be punished
k ooo.....mo ti gbo sir
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Ahmedie25(m): 8:55am On Nov 08, 2012
Nairaland has become anti -Islam,I wil be force to ban my self

1 Like

Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by nagoma(m): 9:15am On Nov 08, 2012
In the South where there is no history of formal justice they would put tyre around his neck, pour petrol and roast him while they jubiliate.
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by wazobia55: 9:18am On Nov 08, 2012
;DThis is ojoro justice, this guy still do it again, cut the finger that causes you to sin oooo lol, remind me who is the new usa president
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by CuntDestroyer: 9:21am On Nov 08, 2012
Ahmedie25: Nairaland has become anti -Islam,I wil be force to ban my self
do it quickly

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by DANILSA(m): 9:33am On Nov 08, 2012
I THINK ALUU IS FAR MORE BETTER THAN SHARIA COURT, THE IDIO.T MALAM JUDGE SAID; 1. THE PROSECUTOR COULD NOT ESTABLISH ANY CASE AGAINST HIM, 2. NO WITNESS, 3. POLICE HAD NO EVIDENCE, STILL THE MALAM PUNISHED HIM, ISLAM IS ANTI DEMOCRACY AND CIVILIZATION RESPECTIVELY. sad angry

1 Like

Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 08, 2012
@Op if you listen carefully the Judge said while sentencing the accused: " bisa ga ikirarin da kayi.... ie "based on your own confession....... That is to say he was sentenced based on his own confessional statement.

So what exactly is your point?

1 Like

Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by ogb5(m): 10:10am On Nov 08, 2012
abubello: @Op if you listen carefully the Judge said while sentencing the accused: " bisa ga ikirarin da kayi.... ie "based on your own confession....... That is to say he was sentenced based on his own confessional statement.

So what exactly is your point?

did you also hear what the accused said? that compared to the beatings he got from the police, the 15 lashes were easy punishment and he will take it.

whatever confession the judge was talking about was got through police beating him. The point is when an accused come to court, it is always better for the guilty to go free than for the innocent to be punished.

A man tortured by the police and then brought to court should not be punished by the court unless it is proven in court that the man is guilty. confesions got through torture should not be used in court.
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Curlyjay(m): 10:20am On Nov 08, 2012
if only u people knew....
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Dereformer(m): 10:55am On Nov 08, 2012
I have always said it. One reason why Nigeria will never know peace is the presence of Muslims in this country. Take a critical look at islamic countries, there is no peace. Look at Afghanistan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, to mention a few; War, suicide bombing, maiming, killing, etc.

These muslims are happy living in peaceful countries like America, England,France, Ghana, south Africa, etc.

until the south of nigeria is severed from the north of nigeria there can never be peace. Mark my words.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by nagoma(m): 11:47am On Nov 08, 2012
ogb5:

did you also hear what the accused said? that compared to the beatings he got from the police, the 15 lashes were easy punishment and he will take it.
whatever confession the judge was talking about was got through police beating him. The point is when an accused come to court, it is always better for the guilty to go free than for the innocent to be punished.
A man tortured by the police and then brought to court should not be punished by the court unless it is proven in court that the man is guilty. confesions got through torture should not be used in court.

Confession thru toture as alleged is by the police. They do it all over Nigeria . The fact remains that southern Nigeria has no history of formal judiciary and jungle justice still reigns there - suspects are regularly set on fire or lynched by mobs. That is there own traditional justice.
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Walexz02(m): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2012
Dereformer: I have always said it. One reason why Nigeria will never know peace is the presence of Muslims in this country. Take a critical look at islamic countries, there is no peace. Look at Afghanistan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, to mention a few; War, suicide bombing, maiming, killing, etc.

These muslims are happy living in peaceful countries like America, England,France, Ghana, south Africa, etc.

until the south of nigeria is severed from the north of nigeria there can never be peace. Mark my words.
MUMU! Can u tell me a country dt is living more peacefuly than Saudi arabia in the whole world U just open u burnet n close it anyhw*smh* for u. Am sure u dnt even understand wt the Aboki's ar saying. Do u?

1 Like

Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by nagoma(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2012
DANILSA: I THINK ALUU IS FAR MORE BETTER THAN SHARIA COURT, THE IDIO.T MALAM JUDGE SAID; 1. THE PROSECUTOR COULD NOT ESTABLISH ANY CASE AGAINST HIM, 2. NO WITNESS, 3. POLICE HAD NO EVIDENCE, STILL THE MALAM PUNISHED HIM, ISLAM IS ANTI DEMOCRACY AND CIVILIZATION RESPECTIVELY. sad angry

I pray you get the Aluu justice you prefer.
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by nagoma(m): 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
The Southern Nigeria equivalent of Sharia court. Their tradition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf-slBIv1ss&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Curlyjay(m): 2:49pm On Nov 08, 2012
Walexz02:
MUMU! Can u tell me a country dt is living more peacefuly than Saudi arabia in the whole world U just open u burnet n close it anyhw*smh* for u. Am sure u dnt even understand wt the Aboki's ar saying. Do u?
dnt mind hm....mtcheewww
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Ahmedie25(m): 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
see another fool
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by Novice1(m): 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2012
The subtitling is not a correct translation of what the judge was saying.

Why give Islam a bad name just to hang it?
Re: Video Of Proceedings In A Sharia Court In Nothern Nigeria by victory1011: 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
This is old news, since 2009.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Olamide Did Inside Headies Green Room (photos). / Work Ongoing On Nsukka/opi Road-pics / Ibadan In Its Rusty Glory - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.