Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,848 members, 7,848,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 11:15 PM

People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt (36095 Views)

Indy Voet: Belgian Artist Who Tattoos The Roof Of People's Mouths (Photos) / Man Cuts His Nose, Hacks His Ears And Tattoos His Eyes To Look Like A Skull / 10 Extreme Eyeball Tattoos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by SmellingAnus(m): 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
With reference to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3724333/tattooed-lady-paid-n10000-soldiers about a lady that was almost arrested because of tattoo, I stay in Port Harcourt and about two weeks ago a particular Police man of the Abuloma division told me that very soon , arrest will be made on anyone with a tattoo in Port Harcourt reason being that most of the criminals that have been apprehended had tattoos on them...

Although within me I was sceptical and critical about the implementation of such arrest but I had nothing to worry about since I wasn't even a fan of tattoos...

Many folks in Port Harcourt may not be aware of this new development, thats why I am informing folks on Nairaland , especially those that reside in Port Harcourt to confirm that folks with tattoos will be arrested according to the Police officer of Abuloma division that I spoke with...

Mods ... This could save another person from unnecessary arrest...

3 Likes

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by dingbang(m): 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nigerian mentality sef.. I just wonder how the Nigerian police reason. So because one wears a tattoo, he or she must be a criminal.. On what grounds?? No wonder we are called a third world country..

Where is it in the constitution that tattoo is a crime in nigeria.. Well .. I just need to get the fvck out from this natiom

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by SmellingAnus(m): 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
dingbang:
Nigerian mentality sef.. I just wonder how the Nigerian police reason. So because one wears a tattoo, he or she must be a criminal.. On what grounds?? No wonder we are called a third world country..

Where is it in the constitution that tattoo is a crime in nigeria.. Well .. I just need to get the fvck out from this natiom
honestly, I was disappointed to hear that from the police man, but now I know that they are serious about the arrests to be made... Sad thing is that many folks are not aware... I was just privileged to get the info on time...

5 Likes

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by sisisioge: 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2017
Haaaa! So there's no longer freedom of expression in the country! Chai!

I don't dig tattoos but who ever does shouldn't be considered a criminal! Instead of them to up their intelligence game, na innocent citizens be pry now. So having a tattoo is now a criminal offence. No be small thing.

Thanks OP for bringing this here, the relevant authority will see this and clarify soon.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by SmellingAnus(m): 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2017
sisisioge:
Haaaa! So there's no longer freedom of expression in the country! Chai!

I don't dig tattoos but who ever does shouldn't be considered a criminal! Instead of them to up their intelligence game, na innocent citizens be pry now. So having a tattoo is now a criminal offence. No be small thing.

Thanks OP for bringing this here, the relevant authority will see this and clarify soon.
honestly, I am not comfortable with such decision of the police in Port Harcourt, I am mindful not to even call it a law because I am not sure if there is such law in the constitution... Another thing is that, why can't they inform the public about this decision, apart from the police man, I haven't heard from any other source that such decision has been taken... So it means they will take many persons unawares... embarassed
Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by sinaj(f): 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2017
Is tattoo not art again, wat kind of modern slavery is this one

All these hypocrites, they should better start with celebrities.
Very soon they will start choosing husband for us.

25 Likes

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by SmellingAnus(m): 6:23pm On Apr 05, 2017
sinaj:
Is tattoo not art again, wat kind of modern slavery is this one

All these hypocrites, they should better start with celebrities.

Very soon they will start choosing husband for us.
choosing husbands... Lol.... As long as they choose me as your husband no problem... Lol... On a more serious note... I see this decision as a set back... If not that it was a policeman that told me, I wouldn't have believed such even in my wildest imagination

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:24pm On Apr 05, 2017
we 're sorry Fela

3 Likes

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by dingbang(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
And what is d work of the ministry of information? Why can't they inform the general public? Bunch of useless policemen..

1 Like

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by sisisioge: 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2017
SmellingAnus:
honestly, I am not comfortable with such decision of the police in Port Harcourt, I am mindful not to even call it a law because I am not sure if there is such law in the constitution... Another thing is that, why can't they inform the public about this decision, apart from the police man, I haven't heard from any other source that such decision has been taken... So it means they will take many persons unawares... embarassed

Hmmm...its good the babe that was victimized made noise about it then. If NL too push it forward, a lot of awareness will be made leading to the authority concern to really clarify.

Lalasticlala, they said snakes can't come with body arts again o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by SmellingAnus(m): 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2017
sisisioge:

Hmmm...its good the babe that was victimized made noise about it then. If NL too push it forward, a lot of awareness will be made leading to the authority concern to really clarify.

Lalasticlala, they said snakes can't come with body arts again o.
very true bro..
Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by Sharon6(f): 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2017
Haba!

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by Richie0974: 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2017
So many misplaced priorities in this country, there's the issue of soot in Port Harcourt, there are roads to be developed, there are environments to be sanitized, there are bridges to be constructed but all they can think of is what a man chooses to do with his own body. Whatever happened to freedom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by Abbeyme: 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2017
like seriously??
Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by mattsvibes: 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2017
wetin concern government with my body

5 Likes

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by iamtiredoflife: 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2017
Ghsh
Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by Ogashub(m): 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2017
I have always hated tatoos piercings and the high rate of stupidity that runs in the veins of our youths today

4 Likes

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by purplekayc(m): 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2017
Police na mumu sad

3 Likes

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by martineverest(m): 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2017
waiting for them to arrest tonto dike

do these police realise dat our ancestors and grannies rock tattoos ?

I cant wait to see dem arrest tonyebarcanista grandmother

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by rawpadgin(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2017
should i commend this or frown @ it?

1 Like

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by Chadso(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2017
Thank God sey I never draw yet sha

Na my prick I go draw put. Dem nor fit search my prick

6 Likes

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by joinnow: 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
Oya
My broda
Biz Don set ooo
Remove 2tattoos and get a discount of 10%
Shop 101 tattoo street
Port Harcourt grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
Chai!!! Naijiriya
Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by Soljaboi44(m): 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
so peeps with tats are now criminals eeh... I'm getting one soonest oya come and beat me awon Werey grin
Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by itiswellandwell: 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nigeria with their jagajaga things
Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by decode55(m): 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2017
This country sha

2 Likes

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by Trust2001(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
dingbang:

all they are saying is that most criminals were tattoos on so they arrest them for further investigations not that they are labelled criminals.

2 Likes

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
@Op, this is not a new thing in PH. In some parts of Diobu, boy get arrested for wearing an unbuttoned shirt on top a polo. Sometime last year, several boys were arrested or threatened because they had tattoos on at Town area. The particular culprits in this case is SARS. Those criminals are just out for money and very unprofessional.

For young men living in PH, always dress responsibly.

3 Likes

Re: People With Tattoos Will Be Arrested In Port Harcourt by MrImole: 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
That's unconstitutional.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akudo Ezinne Is Miss Nigeria 2013 / Golden Toilet-Seat And Car - Too Much Money? (Pictures) / Rocking Matching Outfits For Pre-wedding Photos: A "Can't-do-without" Tradition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.