Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,909 members, 7,922,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 09:30 PM

Promoting Girl-child Education Will Be My Main Target- Emmanuel Anabueze - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Promoting Girl-child Education Will Be My Main Target- Emmanuel Anabueze (282 Views)

Sierra Leone President Hires Mercy Johnson To Promote Girl Child Education / Jane Ezenwa Supports Girl Child Education (Photos) / ‘bishop’ Aloysius Ikegwuonu,main Target Of Ozubulu Church Attack,visits Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Promoting Girl-child Education Will Be My Main Target- Emmanuel Anabueze by ecamzy: 7:46pm On Apr 05, 2017
Beauty pageant organisers have called on parents to promote and support girl-child education.

Mr Emmanuel Anabueze, the Project Director, Queen of South-East Nigeria, made the call on Monday in Owerri , in an interview with News Men.

Anabueze, said that special attention should be given to girl-child education, since females are the mothers of the family.

“Every child needs education; however, there is a saying that when you educate a woman, you educate a nation.

“Since every girl-child is a potential mother, it becomes very important that special attention should be given to their education,” he said.

Anabueze noted that it was regrettable that many young girls, especially in rural areas across the country, who should be in school, were subjected to one form of child labour or the other.

He said that if the trend is not checked, it would pose social and economic crisis, especially in this knowledge –driven age.

“From childhood to 18, children are supposed to be in school and not to hawk in the streets or sent to serve as housemaids.

“In most cases, after primary school, many parents do send them to learn a trade or to stay with a relative in the city, without knowing what is happening to them.
Learning a trade is good he added, but an educated business person either male or female will do better and become more relevant to society,’’ he said.

Anabueze said that the South-East region was particularly affected by the trend, adding that something needed to be done.

He added that it was his strong desire to advocate children education, especially the girl-child that led to establishing the initiative.

“The pageant is a platform to create awareness for children education, especially the girl-child, with special interest in the rural areas.

“It is very common in the South-East, where I come from, to see young people sent out as housemaids and other forms of child labour.

“This Movement is a platform to enlighten parents and guardians on why their children should be educated, “he explained.

(1) (Reply)

Winner Of Big Brother Naija Anounced / Things You Dont Know About Makuo Ohabueze / Idps To Benefit From 2baba's Single Hold My Hand Profits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.