Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,886 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

Car Culture - Low Riders - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Culture - Low Riders (4479 Views)

5 Reasons Nigerian Riders Don’t Tip Uber Drivers / A Glitch At Uber's Server Charges Riders 100 Times More Than The Original Price / Honda Unveils Its Self-Balancing Motorbike That Prevent Riders From Falling Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Culture - Low Riders by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 06, 2017
I'll be energizing some of the open minded car guys, and gals, with car culture discussions.

First, it was Car Culture - Black Bike Week - https://www.nairaland.com/3690465/car-culture-black-bike-beach, then Car Culture - Tijhar - https://www.nairaland.com/3719161/tahjir-car-yet

This time it's Car Culture - Low Riders.

I enjoy the low riders culture. Predominant in the USA but it originated mostly from Mexico, in fact, most of the car club members are Mexicans.

Will we ever get to experience these kinds of automotive hobbies in Nigeria?

For more pictures visit http://naijadrives.com/forums/topic/low-riders/

1 Like

Re: Car Culture - Low Riders by Connoisseur(m): 6:36am On Apr 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:
I'll be energizing some of the open minded car guys, and gals, with car culture discussions.

First, it was Car Culture - Black Bike Week - https://www.nairaland.com/3690465/car-culture-black-bike-beach, then Car Culture - Tijhar - https://www.nairaland.com/3719161/tahjir-car-yet

This time it's Car Culture - Low Riders.

I enjoy the low riders culture. Predominant in the USA but it originated mostly from Mexico, in fact, most of the car club members are Mexicans.

Will we ever get to experience these kinds of automotive hobbies in Nigeria?

For more pictures visit http://naijadrives.com/forums/topic/low-riders/

No @the bolded
Different climes, different hobbies. Which roads that kind car go pass

2 Likes

Re: Car Culture - Low Riders by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 06, 2017
Connoisseur:

No @the bolded
Different climes, different hobbies. Which roads that kind car go pass

They have hydraulic suspension that can raise the vehicle so they'll do fine on most Nigerian roads.

Re: Car Culture - Low Riders by oblo(m): 7:00am On Apr 06, 2017
I had always marveled when I saw this kind of cars used in movies. It was a thril way back in Snoop Dogs videos. A lot of work went into these modification's and I bet also top dollars to get things done. For me the closest I got to experiencing this hydrolic phenomenon was in the 80's at Ibadan where a neighbor had a Renault (not sure of the model) angry that "elevated" every morning before he went out and went to "sleep" at night when he returned.

We kids around would yearn to see him once he started up the car in the morning just to see the magic car rise. Oh...what a feeling! grin we never got to see it "sleep"though..neighbor was a baller and or hard worker as he always came back way past our bedtime! angry angry

Omo..I no lie I dreamed of that car flying ooo...

OK..back to the matter.. but for naija roads na suicide .......for the moto oo. Yes Abuja and some other cities with good roads can host cars like this and won't be surprised if Dino Melaye has a lowrider in his garage lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Car Culture - Low Riders by uboma(m): 7:35am On Apr 06, 2017
Connoisseur:

No @the bolded Different climes, different hobbies. Which roads that kind car go pass

Good question!
Re: Car Culture - Low Riders by oseiwe(m): 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
oblo:
I had always marveled when I saw this kind of cars used in movies. It was a thril way back in Snoop Dogs videos. A lot of work went into these modification's and I bet also top dollars to get things done. For me the closest I got to experiencing this hydrolic phenomenon was in the 80's at Ibadan where a neighbor had a Renault (not sure of the model) angry that "elevated" every morning before he went out and went to "sleep" at night when he returned.

We kids around would yearn to see him once he started up the car in the morning just to see the magic car rise. Oh...what a feeling! grin we never got to see it "sleep"though..neighbor was a baller and or hard worker as he always came back way past our bedtime! angry angry

OK..back to the matter.. but for naija roads na suicide .......for the moto oo. Yes Abuja and some other cities with good roads can host cars like this and won't be surprised if Dino Melaye has a lowrider in his garage lipsrsealed

Nobody wants a low rider, but mercedes s550 does "sleep".
Re: Car Culture - Low Riders by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
oseiwe:
Nobody wants a low rider, but mercedes s550 does "sleep".

I want one in a bad way.

Selective height control is one surefire way to reduce fuel consumption.

What I don't want is a land barge S500 in Nigeria with it's accompanying headaches.
Re: Car Culture - Low Riders by WorldAmbassador: 9:11am On Apr 07, 2017
oblo:

oblo, what you said made me flashback to the 80s. Our neighbor used to have a Citreon with a hydropneumatic suspension that 'rose' after he started it. As kids, we also used to come outside to watch him start his car, see the lift, then watch him take off to work...those were the good ol' days.
Re: Car Culture - Low Riders by oblo(m): 10:52am On Apr 07, 2017
WorldAmbassador:
oblo, what you said made me flashback to the 80s. Our neighbor used to have a Citreon with a hydropneumatic suspension that 'rose' after he started it. As kids, we also used to come outside to watch him start his car, see the lift, then watch him take off to work...those were the good ol' days.

My brother! Yes you are correct.. it was a citreon not a renault like I said..

God bless you. grin
Re: Car Culture - Low Riders by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
oblo:

My brother! Yes you are correct.. it was a citreon not a renault like I said..

God bless you. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFYJeRh5mpc
Re: Car Culture - Low Riders by WorldAmbassador: 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2017
EgunMogaji:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFYJeRh5mpc
Wow@EgunMogaji & oblo. That's the car i was talking about with the rear tire partially covered by the car's body. Thanks for the pics~memories. Thinking about it, the guy that i saw who drove this car must have been a civil servant because I lived in a civil servant town way back then. Wonder if a civil servant today can afford a ride like this now.

(1) (Reply)

Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? / What Toks Car Can Someone Get With 1.8million / 2008 Toyota Avalon Vs 2008 Honda Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.