Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,300 members, 7,887,891 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:56 PM

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen (897 Views)

Osama Bin Laden Is Alive - Abdulmutallab / New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab / Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: This Is His Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by Superbrain(m): 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2009
American officials have cause to worry there may be more al Qaeda-trained young men in Yemen planning to bring down American jets.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab told FBI agents there are more just like him in Yemen.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, charged with the attempted Christmas Day bombing of Northwest Airlines flight 253, told FBI agents there were more just like him in Yemen who would strike soon.

And in a tape released four days before the attempted destruction of the Detroit-bound Northwest plane, the leader of al Qaeda in Yemen boasted of what was planned for Americans, saying, "We are carrying a bomb to hit the enemies of God."

Yemen has become a principal al Qaeda training ground and the accused suicide bomber told the FBI he was trained for more than a month in Yemen, given 80 grams of a high explosive cleverly sewn into his underpants, undetected by standard security screening.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/abdulmutallab-yemen-northwest-flight-253-terror-suspect/story?id=9430536
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2009
"We are carrying a bomb to hit the enemies of God."

who are the "we"?

God punish the devil behind abuzola, his supporters and the other ones calling for suicide bombers on this Nairaland.
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by Lacrisma(m): 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2009
Im not believing any of the crap the news is spewing. Who gives a flyin fc uck
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by mamagee3(f): 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2009
This happened because of America's carelessness. tongue
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2009
Lacrisma:

Im not believing any of the crap the news is spewing. Who gives a flyin fc uck

I suggest you brush up on the war in Yemen! Just a couple of weeks ago, Obama authorized a strike in the area.
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by Superbrain(m): 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2009
@ Lacrisma,
Who cares what you believe? The truth is the truth. Get over it.
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by violent(m): 7:24pm On Dec 28, 2009
This will strengthen BNP in Britain, Islam extremist are contributing real havoc to the entire world, why blow up a plane with kids, Mothers and Fathers who have loved ones waiting for them back at home just because your religion think it is the right thing to do! what kind of people practice such religion anyway
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by Lacrisma(m): 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2009
mama-gee:

This happened because of America's carelessness. tongue

More like the carelessness in Amsterdam
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by Lacrisma(m): 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I suggest you brush up on the war in Yemen! Just a couple of weeks ago, Obama authorized a strike in the area.

really---- i didn't know this. Will do my research
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by Lacrisma(m): 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2009
Superbrain:

@ Lacrisma,
Who cares what you believe? The truth is the truth. Get over it.

Sorry but the news is NOT the absolute truth. Lots of propaganda/business marketing. grin
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by SEFAGO(m): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2009
as long a there are more in yemen and not naija grin grin
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by Lacrisma(m): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2009
SEFAGO:

as long a there are more in yemen and not naija grin grin

Well they are in Northern Nigeria undecided undecided
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by Beaf: 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2009
Lacrisma:

Sorry but the news is NOT the absolute truth. Lots of propaganda/business marketing. grin

Nigerians love ignorance. angry
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by Lacrisma(m): 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2009
^^^ doesn't mean you believe every single thing that you read. You have to question some things
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by vigasimple(m): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2009
violent:

This will strengthen BNP in Britain, Islam extremist are contributing real havoc to the entire world, why blow up a plane with kids, Mothers and Fathers who have loved ones waiting for them back at home just because your religion think it is the right thing to do! what kind of people practice such religion anyway

This people are extermist and violent people, and not in anyway religious or have any faith. They are just using religion as cover. Both Christian and muslim are religion of peace and love. some mental retarded persons have hijacked Islam in particular to spew hatred. Those people are not muslim because there will be at least 10-50 good muslims on that pane, how can yu blow up your' brothers/sisters' even if you think others ar 'infidels'

Secondly, the quote author please change your screen name, we have enough violent in the world

God bless you and all people of peace loving faith. The incident has nothing to do with Nigeria, except the stupid boy is carying a Nigerian passport , he got his training in Yemen. He does not live in Nigeria even though his father is Nigerian, his mother side are from Yemen
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by mamagee3(f): 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2009
Lacrisma:

More like the carelessness in Amsterdam

Was he on Amsterdam's watchlist?
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by ono(m): 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2009
With each passing day, it has become very clear that the Umar guy is NOT a ''true'' Nigerian - at least going by the type of stuff I've been reading and seeing on TV since after Xmas. His carrying a naija passport is a ''mistake'' He should have used his Yemeni passport instead.
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2009
I av said i wouldnt link it to religion,but with this revelation islam is not a religion of peace but of evil.How can they call americans Gods enemies? Has God ever come out to identify his enemies to any1? Imagine brainwashing young pple with bright future by inciting them to kill&destroy lives.Among several religions,why must it be only islam that will be supporting jihad.Killing in d name of God.Why? Taliban,al queda,bin laden,iraqi insurgents, hamas are all islamic terrors.Even boko haram sects are all muslims.must islam wipe off the entire world? Imagine if d plane had blown,will Nigerians not be killed on board
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by edoyad(m): 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2009
You have to understand that unless we discourage this irrational belief in an unseen God this kind of rubbish will continue. It's bad enough we fight over our ethnic or racial origins, but when you put religion in it . . .
Just close your eyes, take a deep breath and say in your head, "There is no God"
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by MUNEER2(m): 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
vigasimple:

This people are extermist and violent people, and not in anyway religious or have any faith. They are just using religion as cover. Both Christian and muslim are religion of peace and love. some mental retarded persons have hijacked Islam in particular to spew hatred. Those people are not muslim because there will be at least 10-50 good muslims on that pane, how can yu blow up your' brothers/sisters' even if you think others ar 'infidels'

Secondly, the quote author please change your screen name, we have enough violent in the world

God bless you and all people of peace loving faith. The incident has nothing to do with Nigeria, except the silly boy is carying a Nigerian passport , he got his training in Yemen. He does not live in Nigeria even though his father is Nigerian, his mother side are from Yemen
Your brain is a scarse type, not everyone reasons like this. . . Your view is just too sensible wink
toba:

I av said i wouldnt link it to religion,but with this revelation islam is not a religion of peace but of evil.How can they call americans Gods enemies? Has God ever come out to identify his enemies to any1? Imagine brainwashing young pple with bright future by inciting them to kill&destroy lives.Among several religions,why must it be only islam that will be supporting jihad.Killing in d name of God.Why? Taliban,al queda,bin laden,iraqi insurgents, hamas are all islamic terrors.Even boko haram sects are all muslims.must islam wipe off the entire world? Imagine if d plane had blown,will Nigerians not be killed on board
Lacrisma:

^^^ doesn't mean you believe every single thing that you read. You have to question some things
@toba, maybe you can learn from him
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: More Like Me In Yemen by mbulela: 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2009
edoyad:

You have to understand that unless we discourage this irrational belief in an unseen God this kind of rubbish will continue. It's bad enough we fight over our ethnic or racial origins, but when you put religion in it . . .
Just close your eyes, take a deep breath and say in your head, "There is no God"
so closing your eyes and saying it, extinguishes the existence of God?
I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and said in my head and my heart, thank God for God.

oya, back to topic.

(1) (Reply)

Gbenga Daniel Set For Senate In 2011 / Asians Eating Blackman (pics) / Iranian Cleric Says Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.