Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,879 members, 7,945,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 07:29 AM

We Won’t Pass Budget 2017 Until After Easter Break—reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Pass Budget 2017 Until After Easter Break—reps (320 Views)

BREAKING: We Won’t Pass Hate Speech Bill – Senate President, Ahmed Lawan / BREAKING: We Won’t Pass Hate Speech Bill, Says Ahmed Lawan / Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Won’t Pass Budget 2017 Until After Easter Break—reps by Itsandrew: 12:03am On Apr 07, 2017
ABUJA—SPOKESMAN for the House of Representatives, Abdulrazaq Namdas, yesterday, said the 2017 Budget won’t be passed until after
the Easter break.

Namdas made the disclosure while briefing newsmen at the National Assembly Complex, yesterday.

The lawmaker who declined comment on Federal Government’s delay in the submission of details of the 2017-2019 Borrowing Plan to the House, insisted that the budget will be passed before the end of April 2017.

He said: “I have been inundated with calls about the position of the budget and I feel I should tell you that we are working very seriously on it and hopefully we will pass this budget when we are back from Easter break.

Even the Federal Government is taking advantage of the non passage of the budget 2017.” “If you are at the plenary today (yesterday), even the Minister of Budget and National Planning said if they can reconcile the figures, they are likely approach us, we will always oblige them as the parliament of the people.

“By the grace of God, we are going on break by Tuesday and we also hope to be back before the end of the same month, so we are not extending it to another month.

“The issue has always been people that have always been trying to confirm whether we pass the budget before we even go on break, to make your job easier, I’ve just told you that we may not be able to pass the budget before we proceed I break by Tuesday, but we will certainly ensure we pass the budget and pass it as soon as possible.

“I don’t want to commit myself to a date gentlemen,” he said.

http://onomerealtor..com.ng/2017/04/we-wont-pass-budget-2017-until-after.html
Re: We Won’t Pass Budget 2017 Until After Easter Break—reps by Myself2(m): 5:31am On Apr 07, 2017
And we will think they're joking
Why would they,when the dullard has stoked so many fires against the legislative arm .?
Two elephants fought, the grass will suffer it

(1) (Reply)

Buhari The Most Vindictive, Incompetent President Nigeria Ever Had - Fani-kayode / I Feel Sorry For Nigeria As A Country How About You? / At Last, Court Grants Nnamdi Kanu Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.