Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

Is It An Overreaction? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It An Overreaction? (641 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It An Overreaction? by Blissquare(f): 8:11am On Apr 07, 2017
A neighbourhood sister of mine has been dating a guy for 3 months and the guy is really serious with her. He took her to meet his senior brother and on getting there, the brother and his wife got into an argument. He beat the wife in the presence of his junior brother and this lady. My sis has ended the relationship now. She said his family must be very bad for his brother to do that in her presence meeting her for the first time. But it is not her own man that beat someone na.

1 Like

Re: Is It An Overreaction? by Prognose: 8:16am On Apr 07, 2017
Lol.
The lady fear grin
She no get bodi for beating grin
But seriously, it was very wrong of the elder brother to do such a thing esp in the presence of a guest. No matter what the woman did to provoke him, he should have waited for them to leave before. 'meting out punishment '.

Inasmuch as its not the young man's fault that the elder brother has behaved foolishly, inasmuch as just because the elder brother is violent to his wife doesnt mean the young man will do the same, I still think the woman is acting with wisdom. Is this the same elder brother her future husband will come to for advice when they have issues with thier own marriage? Why disnt the younger brother stop the elder brother from bearing his wife? Does he see it as normal. The family looks like a dysfunctional family. She is right to leace now before handshake pass elbow.

6 Likes

Re: Is It An Overreaction? by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 07, 2017
Blissquare:
A neighbourhood sister of mine has been dating a guy for 3 months and the guy is really serious with her. He took her to meet his senior brother and on getting there, the brother and his wife got into an argument. He beat the wife in the presence of his junior brother and this lady. My sis has ended the relationship now. She said his family must be very bad for his brother to do that in her presence meeting her for the first time. But it is not her own man that beat someone na.

Well I won't fault her for that my step brother is like that but me I don't beat women or even have the strength to go into that. She's avoiding stories that touch
Re: Is It An Overreaction? by nnamdibig(m): 8:37am On Apr 07, 2017
All of them may not be wife beaters but it shows lack of regards for both his wife and the new visitor.
For me, I will advise my sister not to continue because that lack of regards or respect can come in many ways that may not be beating.

5 Likes

Re: Is It An Overreaction? by Acidosis(m): 10:07am On Apr 07, 2017
She is not over reacting, only allowing her common sense make the best decision.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Fathering 102 Children In Netherlands / Be The Judge Please /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.