Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,535 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:54 PM

FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard (22581 Views)

FG Announces Decline In Lassa Fever Cases / Herbal Solution For Epilepsy / Seizures / Convulsions / Fits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Dongreat(m): 5:38pm On Apr 08, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Calm down and read again, the proposed drug has already been tested for toxicity.

Please can you tell me the steps briefly listed that were used in testing the toxicity of that potential drug?
If you are a doctor and a taxi driver said it's easy to perform a surgery just by opening and closing, won't you be pissed of?
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Dongreat(m): 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

I am not your friend. I can't handle your Extreme High I Q. tongue

You are still an illiterate but this time a more vocal illiterate.

They said a drug was DISCOVERED to cure an ailment and you said it can not be cured but managed. Does that statement makes sense to you too or you were just caught offside and need to fight back.

DISCOVERED not yet ADMINISTERED.

So if a drug to cure HIV is DISCOVERED. You will still write rubbish that HIV has no cure.

It is common sense. You don't have to be 'certificated' in Pharmacology.

The guys involved will include Professors so a 'Certificated' Pharmacologist like you should shut up.

On versatility, when the topic comes up , quote me with facts and i reply you with fact.

It is not my fault that I am widely informed.

On IQ, You need to be able to cope in my area of specialization first before we even compare IQ. grin grin

For some one who heard that some thing new was discovered and did not bother to ask questions about authenticity but instead based his argument on the believe that there was never a solution and there can never be any.

Your IQ level na WEH DONE Sir.

lol. You think you are widely informed because? You think everything written on the net is true? Lol. Once again not every Nairalander is an average joe. Nigerians are fond of proving smart behind keyboards when their counterparts are disproving newtons law.
Go troll in the political section as APC and PDP with a pinch of tribalism is what you are good at. Don't come to medical or science section to prove smart.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Ubenedictus(m): 6:05pm On Apr 08, 2017
Dongreat:

Please can you tell me the steps briefly listed that were used in testing the toxicity of that potential drug?
If you are a doctor and a taxi driver said it's easy to perform a surgery just by opening and closing, won't you be pissed of?
Why would you be looking for steps of testing toxicity in a news article? is it a medical journal?

The article does well to tell us the drug has passed the toxicity test and has passed the stage one of its medical trials, why then are you looking for the nitty gritty details? Or are u NAFDAC or SON? Why not let the news be and see if it passes stage two medical trial?

You claiming epilepsy can't be cured is totally misguided, in science we only know today, tomorrow may absolutely blow our minds.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Dongreat(m): 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Why would you be looking for steps of testing toxicity in a news article? is it a medical journal?

The article does well to tell us the drug has passed the toxicity test and has passed the stage one of its medical trials, why then are you looking for the nitty gritty details? Or are u NAFDAC or SON? Why not let the news be and see if it passes stage two medical trial?

You claiming epilepsy can't be cured is totally misguided, in science we only know today, tomorrow may absolutely blow our minds.

Then why wasn't this in a journal? Mind you after this I went online to search for proof on this on world recognized journal and nothing came up.
Understand that not all diseases can be cured. Understanding the pathophysiology is one thing, reversing the conditions using either agonist or antagonist is another. Something's are best managed.
So as not to waste our time, this article is rubbish and the cure if any will only be administered in Nigeria.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by AntiWailer: 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2017
Dongreat:

lol. You think you are widely informed because? You think everything written on the net is true? Lol. Once again not every Nairalander is an average joe. Nigerians are fond of proving smart behind keyboards when their counterparts are disproving newtons law.
Go troll in the political section as APC and PDP with a pinch of tribalism is what you are good at. Don't come to medical or science section to prove smart.
lol.

Medical Science section to know that a cure for something can be DISCOVERED even if it never existed ?

That is Common Sense Section.

I am not only good at APC and PDP. I am also good at what I do.

I wish i can put my linked in profile. You will marvel and go back to your corner to cry. smiley
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Ubenedictus(m): 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2017
Dongreat:

Then why wasn't this in a journal? Mind you after this I went online to search for proof on this on world recognized journal and nothing came up.
Understand that not all diseases can be cured. Understanding the pathophysiology is one thing, reversing the conditions using either agonist or antagonist is another. Something's are best managed.
So as not to waste our time, this article is rubbish and the cure if any will only be administered in Nigeria.
And you a self aclaimed scientist will deny a claim even before you have studied it.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Dongreat(m): 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

lol.

Medical Science section to know that a cure for something can be DISCOVERED even if it never existed ?

That is Common Sense Section.

I am not only good at APC and PDP. I am also good at what I do.

I wish i can put my linked in profile. You will marvel and go back to your corner to cry. smiley

I will marvel? Beautiful. Of course I will cos i always impressed by people with cute achievements and you sound like one. Please can you post a link of what will make me marvel here, or if privacy or copyright is a thing, you can to my mail.
So please, post it.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Dongreat(m): 6:36pm On Apr 08, 2017
Ubenedictus:
And you a self aclaimed scientist will deny a claim even before you have studied it.

I maybe studying it, I may have already, I may be expert in it or I may be a show off that got his info from google, Wikipedia per se. You can never tell.
Not all scientists believe every disease is curable even when they say it wrong to think so. Many scientists wasted their years believing unicorns existed.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by shadeyinka(m): 8:01pm On Apr 08, 2017
Dongreat:

Now this is a person that I can respond to not some oversabi illiterate that thinks getting a drugs to the market is APC/PDP rift.

Agreed with your statements in second paragraph but as a herbal drug, the toxicity is where the issue lies. I know they said its toxic free or not a deadly side effect but drugs from herbal source are very notorious for their toxicity. E.g. Morphine, codeine, aspirin etc.
Are you a doctor, microbiologist or pharmacologist? Very Impressed with your brief opinion.

I think I am close enough to the so called drug in development by Sheda Science and Technology Complex, Abuja (SHESTCO).

A desperate parent volunteered (not as a test/clinical trial)to use the drug/herbal mixture (at his own risk) for a child of his who was almost sent out of school because of daily epileptic fit in the class (4-5 times). I can tell you that the suppliment works.

Its still far from the stage of clinical trials but toxicity tests has been done and the result is favourable.

The FG came out too early to make the announcement. They should have done the needful before going to the press/media.

For now, SHESTCO treats it as a herbal/food supliment. It might take 10-15 years to certify it as a DRUG following the normal protocol.

My take is, if it works and it is better than the western alternative, let's use it like the Chinese acupuncture.

3 Likes

Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Dongreat(m): 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

I think I am close enough to the so called drug in development by Sheda Science and Technology Complex, Abuja (SHESTCO).

A desperate parent volunteered (not as a test/clinical trial)to use the drug/herbal mixture (at his own risk) for a child of his who was almost sent out of school because of daily epileptic fit in the class (4-5 times). I can tell you that the suppliment works.

Its still far from the stage of clinical trials but toxicity tests has been done and the result is favourable.

The FG came out too early to make the announcement. They should have done the needful before going to the press/media.

For now, SHESTCO treats it as a herbal/food supliment. It might take 10-15 years to certify it as a DRUG following the normal protocol.

My take is, if it works and it is better than the western alternative, let's use it like the Chinese acupuncture.

Beautiful. Now I feel terrible for the negative things I said about the drug. Please the patient used in trail should be monitored for any effects even though he/she shows no signs yet. Remember THALIDOMIDE.
To be sincere with you I feel like being included in a research on that natural product and if you don't mind PM the name of the "natural product". I am willing to include/make reference to the name of the company, or persons that first discovery this lead, including the patient who volunteered.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by shadeyinka(m): 10:46pm On Apr 08, 2017
Dongreat:

Beautiful. Now I feel terrible for the negative things I said about the drug. Please the patient used in trail should be monitored for any effects even though he/she shows no signs yet. Remember THALIDOMIDE.
To be sincere with you I feel like being included in a research on that natural product and if you don't mind PM the name of the "natural product". I am willing to include/make reference to the name of the company, or persons that first discovery this lead, including the patient who volunteered.

I understand you. How can one forget the longterm damaging adverse reaction some drugs can have. As you said Thalidomide is a good example.

If you are in Abuja, come to SHESTCO. One of the staff developed it as a PhD work. But like I said, I am not sure if it is really a patentable work since the drug/plant had been used locally by our local herbal medicine men for managing epilepsy.

The only difference would probably be that the medicine man will pass along other information like
-don't talk to anyone for three days before taking the concoction
-swallow one cowry and two alligator pepper
-bring one goat and one keg of palm wine etc

My major concern is that I expect not much funding from the federal government for the drug development.

SHESTCO is 10km to Gwagwalada
Along Lokoja-Gwagwalada Express Road
Abuja.

I don't know the name of the plant, but I know that it is rare and work is currently being done to propagate it.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by farouk0403(m): 12:02am On Apr 09, 2017
vertueptime:
Pls donate ur brain to science for experiment since u dnt need it, we welcome u to be our sacrificial lamb and we wil let d poor rats free

ok done, come and remove it, i am in my room.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by Dongreat(m): 12:09am On Apr 09, 2017
shadeyinka:

I understand you. How can one forget the longterm damaging adverse reaction some drugs can have. As you said Thalidomide is a good example.

If you are in Abuja, come to SHESTCO. One of the staff developed it as a PhD work. But like I said, I am not sure if it is really a patentable work since the drug/plant had been used locally by our local herbal medicine men for managing epilepsy.

The only difference would probably be that the medicine man will pass along other information like
-don't talk to anyone for three days before taking the concoction
-swallow one cowry and two alligator pepper
-bring one goat and one keg of palm wine etc

My major concern is that I expect not much funding from the federal government for the drug development.

SHESTCO is 10km to Gwagwalada
Along Lokoja-Gwagwalada Express Road
Abuja.

I don't know the name of the plant, but I know that it is rare and work is currently being done to propagate it.

I am in the UK but I am very interested in this natural product. I will send you a PM and will share my number with you so we can talk on whatsapp and know ourselves better at least. I am planning to undertake a research in buruli ulcer but this is very promising.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by shadeyinka(m): 6:04am On Apr 09, 2017
Dongreat:

I am in the UK but I am very interested in this natural product. I will send you a PM and will share my number with you so we can talk on whatsapp and know ourselves better at least. I am planning to undertake a research in buruli ulcer but this is very promising.

OK.
I am a Physicist by training. I may not be able to communicate well on the drug in development. But let's see what will happen.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by freshbear(m): 6:42am On Apr 09, 2017
shadeyinka:

Nice one sir.pls is r supplement available now?meaning can u share it with us?
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by shadeyinka(m): 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
freshbear:
Nice one sir.pls is r supplement available now?meaning can u share it with us?

No. I am not in charge.
Its not even for sale yet as its still under development. But the preliminary results are encouraging.

I am not sure I am at liberty to tell you the name of the plant. You can only get it if you haveva kind of collaboration with the researchers working on it.
Re: FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard by malakus(m): 5:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
For those who still say epilepsy has no cure;

It may interest you to know that my Dad has the cure over 20 years ago. And has since treated several cases using herbs. The testimonies are there. Check my posts. Contact me on whatsapp 2348138329589 or BBM: 2B3C127C

More at: https://www.nairaland.com/3269867/total-permanent-cure-epilepsy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAFDAC Raises Alarm Over Indiscriminate Use Of Aphrodisiac / World Sleep Day: Ten Things To Do To Achieve Healthy Sleep / Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.