Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,722 members, 7,938,234 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 08:24 PM

Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA (29167 Views)

Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos / Treasures Olawunmi Bayo To Break 113 Hours Reading Marathon World Record / Jude Okonkwo Accepted Into All Ivy League School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by TheVictorious(m): 1:03pm On Apr 08, 2017
Obamaofusa:

Why have the Igbos not ever been able to make much educational mark in Nigeria (except their dubious WAEC miracle centres thingy) and Africa like the Yorubas.They should prove themselves worthy not been stagnant in USA as if they are doing a kind of EXPO like their miracle centres WAEC results thing grin

Yorubas have made it in Nigeria,Africa,Russia,USA all over the world etc

Igbos will do anything to be at par with their Yoruba seniors.

The academic achievements of Yoruba's in this country is unmatched. Sure!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Obamaofusa: 1:06pm On Apr 08, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Aside running down Leventis, UAC, early banks, railway, aviation industry, civil service, in the 80s and 90s, which mark has yoruba made in Nigeria ?
lol...you are a comedian.If all of that made Yoruba the great people they are,I would rather run down Leventis, UAC, early banks, railway, aviation industry, civil service etc cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by st012: 1:10pm On Apr 08, 2017
check below
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by sshalom(m): 1:11pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nigerian youths are making the country proud. This is the third story of this rare kind of academic success. The future is bright!

1 Like

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Obamaofusa: 1:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
TheVictorious:

The academic achievements of Yoruba's in this country is unmatched. Sure!
Yorubas are motivating a lot of people in the world educationally...

Musawenkosi says during her master’s degree, her uncle inspired her by showing her an article of a Nigerian man who completed a PhD at the age of 24.

“It became a challenge for me to break the record and it became my source of motivation and inspiration,” she says.

http://www.drum.co.za/news/youngest-phd-graduate-at-23/

If it were not for modesty,who will even want to answer the Igbos.What effrontery? grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by shine12: 1:18pm On Apr 08, 2017
Go to Stanford!!

1 Like

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by adedehinbo(m): 1:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
Kenshiiii:

I don't need a soothsayer to know these clowns are from the land of the rising Mark Nsukabags . Clowns that don't know Stanford, Duke, Cornell, Harvard and Princeton are all Ivy league schools. Not like we were expecting anything different from y'all tho. E dey una body cheesy grin .You people should just do fast..

lol u have killed so many Igbos online

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by carammel(f): 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2017
stinggy:

Clowns everywhere cheesy
I swear you can't but just laugh with the "cultural dance" gif attached grin grin
Did you even 'dance cultural' in pry sch? undecided
Aswear, that dance is epic.
I didn't join any cultural group,I sang with chior group smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by bigfrancis21: 2:38pm On Apr 08, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Super smart Omoluabi girl!

Some idiats don't know top schools in the USA...lol, they are hating on this girl's achievements because ....**cough cough* she isn't from their tribe of drug barons and "baby manufacturers". cheesy
I suggest they check the list of top schools in the USA to cure them of their hate - even though I doubt they will change, because they are born and trained to hate Omoluabis.
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

And she wants to study ordinary biology when her mates that got accepted into 8 ivy league schools are aiming for medicine, engineering etc. Boy please take some chill, no unnecessary excitement here. It's easy to get into half of these schools she got into. Very easy.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YonkijiSappo: 2:41pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

And she wants to study ordinary biology when her mates that got accepted into 8 ivy league schools are aiming for medicine etc. Boy please take some chill, no unnecessary excitement here. It's easy to get into half of these schools she got into. Very easy.

Siiiigh!

And here comes another one. What exactly is wrong with studying biology again?
Must every creature on this earth "read medicine" ?
You don't even know if that is her natural passion and interest as a person.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YungMillionaire: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
No doubt both the Igbos and Yorubas are repping 9ja very well academically. However, as to who has achieved more academically, its a close call and I will give it to the Yorubas. The day the Igbos produce a Nobel Prize Laureate - then the discussion will get more interesting. For now, the Yorubas have it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by bigfrancis21: 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Siiiigh!

And here comes another one. What exactly is wrong with studying biology again?
Must every creature on this earth "read medicine" ?
You don't even know if that is her natural passion and interest as a person.

Buhahhaha. Her mates are aiming higher she's settling for biology. Lol. What is she going to achieve by studying biology? Where is she going to end up, in the lab? Dude please. The excitement is not necessary.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by redsun(m): 2:53pm On Apr 08, 2017
What is point of of being educated when your country is languishing in the dark age in the 21st century. Africano are not educateducated they are only schooled to emulate white man "myopically "

The young lady in question is practically an American with Nigerian parents that pitch tent under white man's umbrella for greener pastures that they couldn't make manifest in his land of origin as a result of fundamental ignorance.
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YonkijiSappo: 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Buhahhaha. Her mates are aiming higher she's settling for biology. Lol. What is she going to achieve by studying biology? Where is she going to end up, in the lab? Dude please. The excitement is not necessary.

So she is aiming lower because she wants to study biology?
I understand you are somewhere in the caribbean studying second hand medicine because you couldn't get into a US med school.
And you are there hating this genius child. Okay na Kontinuu.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by bigfrancis21: 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2017
YungMillionaire:
No doubt both the Igbos and Yorubas are repping 9ja very well academically. However, as to who has achieved more academically, its a close call and I will give it to the Yorubas. The day the Igbos produce a Nobel Prize Laureate - then the discussion will get more interesting. For now, the Yorubas have it.

As if we do not know the politicization of that award and how Wole Soyinka got it, lol. I'm sorry to say this but Chinua Achebe rings bell in the memories of people worldwide more than Wole. Here in the US alone, I've come across many Americans (whites especially) that know Chinua or have read a book of his. His book is even included in the curricula of High School reading texts. One of my current co-workers was named Chinua and he is from Sierra Leone. I'm also sorry to tell you this, outside of Nigeria or maybe Africa, Wole Soyinka is often barely known.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by bigfrancis21: 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

So she is aiming lower because she wants to study biology?
I understand you are somewhere in the caribbean studying second hand medicine because you couldn't get into a US med school.
And you are there hating this genius child. Okay na Kontinuu.

Hahaha. Dude I am in the United States, on the east coast precisely. grin

Suddenly you've forgotten she's Nigerian and how Nigerian parents react when you tell them you want to study Biology when your mates are studying Engineering, Law, Medicine etc.

With the scholarship from Stanford, she's going there to study ordinary biology. Please if you know her mother here in Nigeria you better go and talk to her to talk sense into her daughter. Waste of scholarship money. Mtchew.

Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna - Engineering
Harold Ekeh - Neurosurgery
Ifeoma White-Thorpe - Global Healthy Policy
Jude Okonkwo - Neurosurgery
Obinna Igbokwe - Biomedical Engineering
Olawunmi Akinlemibola - Biology

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YonkijiSappo: 3:04pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Suddenly you've forgotten she's Nigerian and how Nigerian parents react when you tell them you want to study Biology when your mates are studying Engineering, Law, Medicine etc.

With the scholarship from Stanford, she's going there to study ordinary biology. Ewo. Please if you know her mother here in Nigeria you better go and talk to her to talk sense into her daughter. Waste of scholarship money. Mtchew.

She is happy doing what she loves, and if it is Biological science, so be it. cheesy
Btw: how do you even know the Biology isn't just her pre-medical course? You say you are in the US..... Tell me who leaves high school straight into university to start medicine? undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YungMillionaire: 3:07pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

As if we do not know the politicization of that award and how Wole Soyinka got it, lol. I'm sorry to say this but Chinua Achebe rings bell in the memories of people worldwide more than Wole. Here in the US alone, I've come across many Americans (whites especially) that know Chinua or have read a book of his. His book is even included in the curricula of High School reading texts. One of my current co-workers was named Chinua and he is from Sierra Leone. I'm also sorry to tell you this, outside of Nigeria or maybe Africa, Wole Soyinka is often barely known.

Its hard to believe that Wole Soyinka did not win that award fair and square. If you have evidence - please present it. I am also a fan of Achebe but popularity (if your anecdotal assertion can be extrapolated) is not a criteria for the Nobel Prize. Its the quality of the work. And even if Soyinka is not popular (your claim not mine) among peasants, I am sure that the connoisseurs (those who matter) of literature are well aware of who he is. Anyway, the point is that Igbos need to produce a Nobel prize winner before they can really compare themselves to the Yorubas academically. But seriously, I do not see the need for all the back and forth between the two tribes. Other Nigerian tribes (including mine) should learn from these two great Nigerian tribes. Just my take.

4 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 08, 2017
How on earth is this guy a mod?

You might as well make me a mod lol cheesy grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YonkijiSappo: 3:10pm On Apr 08, 2017
Kenshiiii:
How on earth is this guy a mod?

You might as well make me a mod lol cheesy grin

Hahahahahha....... That would be the beginning of the end. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 08, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Hahahahahha....... That would be the beginning of the end. cheesy

I don't think the Seun guy is aware though.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:12pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

guy u are a killer grin grin grin

wole soyinka is not match for chinue achebe

this young generation dont even know soyinka but the world knows late legend chinue achebe

even chimmanda of yesterday is more recognised than soyninka

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by AkinPhysicist: 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

This is for all the emboldened above (your akpu infected brain needs major re-formatting):

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:15pm On Apr 08, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

This is for all the emboldened above (your akpu infected brain needs major formatting):

cry me a rivers grin grin grin grin

stop hating pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by AkinPhysicist: 3:16pm On Apr 08, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:

guy u are a killer grin grin grin

wole soyinka is not match for chinue achebe

this young generation dont dont konw about soyinka but the world knows late legend chinue achebe

even chimmanda of yesterday is more recognised than soyninka

Another osu whose spaghetti brain needs serious realignment

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

Another osu whose spaghetti brain needs serious realignment

abakuku why are u soo pained grin grin grin grin grin dont take all this things personal

life goes on

anyway am just having fun......but if u are soo pained u can locate the nearest transformer

boss is boss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by AkinPhysicist: 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

With the scholarship from Stanford, she's going there to study ordinary biology. Ewo. Please if you know her mother here in Nigeria you better go and talk to her to talk sense into her daughter. Waste of scholarship money. Mtchew.

You are in the US does not imply you have a functional brain - Biology is usually used as a pre-cursor to Medicine in the States. And even if Biology is her choice, what has that gotta do with her academic abilities? Is your brain paining you?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2017
Maaan y'all need to stop responding to this ipob thug cheesy

Ogede go dey use one moniker like him own post, dey post with another one lol

Swahili0
Godprotectigbos
Godprotectigbo5
Godprotectigbo2

Isn't that the same clown that opened thread the other day about being attracted to other women? grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by AkinPhysicist: 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:

abakuku why are u soo pained grin grin grin grin grin dont take all this things personal
life goes on
anyway am just having fun......but if u are soo pained u can locate the nearest transformer
boss is boss

Osu - its my civic duty as a fellow Nigerian to assist in the re-formatting of your brain so you don't end up like most of your brothers in Malaysia (firing squad things) grin No vex now grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by AkinPhysicist: 3:25pm On Apr 08, 2017
It appears small(sorry big)Francis = godprotektIbos. Pathetic guy. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:25pm On Apr 08, 2017
Kenshiiii:
Maaan y'all need to stop responding to this ipob thug cheesy

Opolo go dey use one moniker like him own post, dey post with another one lol

Swahili0
Godprotectigbos
Godprotectigbo5
Godprotectigbo2

Isn't that the same clown that opened thread the other day about being attracted to other women? grin

guy are u afraid of me...all the Godprotectigbos are all mine ...i dont know about other ones
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2017
AkinPhysicist:
It appears small(sorry big)Francis = godprotektIbos. Pathetic guy. grin

i am a lady get dat right

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? / 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me / Universities To Reopen In January 2021 - Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.