Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,203 members, 7,903,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:17 AM

Love: Between Bible And Koran - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love: Between Bible And Koran (697 Views)

Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. / Is there a Relationship between Bible and Koran? / Was the Love between King David and Jonathan Homosexual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love: Between Bible And Koran by macayub(m): 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2009
In the Bible we read at Deuteronomy 6: 4-7:

“Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.  And you must[b] love[/b] Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your vital force.  And these words that I am commanding you today must prove to be on your heart;  and you must inculcate them in your son and speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up."

And at Deuteronomy 10:12:

“And now, O Israel, what is Jehovah your God asking of you but to fear Jehovah your God, so as to walk in all his ways and to love him and to serve Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul"

And at Leviticus 19:18

"You must not take vengeance nor have a grudge against the sons of your people; and you must love your fellow as yourself. I am Jehovah"

And Jesus Christ summed it up this way at Matthew 22: 37 - 40:

"You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. The second, like it, is this, ‘You must[b] love [/b]your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets."

We are implore further at 1 John 4: 7,8:
"Beloved ones, let us continue loving one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born from God and gains the knowledge of God. He that does not love has not come to know God, because God is love."

What a powerful statement, imagine how our world and nations will be if only we could show that truly we love ourselves. Since we are living in a society that is multi-religious I try to see if I can found such admonition in Koran of Muslims,  that we should "love God and our neighbor" but I try to no avail. I have being reading Koran I didn't come across such,yet it claimed to come from the same God. Even though I read one post where the poster claim that love is prevailing among Muslim community. I am yet to see a verse (ayah) of Koran that teach them to do so.

I will implore you to bring ayah like these Bible verses from Koran. Since the Koran claim to confirm the Bible: “And we gave [Jesus] the Evangel with its guidance and light, confirmatory of the preceding Law; a guidance and warning to those who fear God . . . And to thee we have sent down the Book of the [Koran] with truth, confirmatory of previous Scriptures, and their safeguard.”—Sura 5:50-52, Rodwell
Re: Love: Between Bible And Koran by TrueSeeker(m): 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
Since i saw this post i try to make some research: Love appears about 52 times in Quran but there is no any parallelism with that Biblical admonition.

(1) (Reply)

Question For Atheist. / The Spirit Of Truth. An interview with God / Silencing Foolish Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.