Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,079 members, 7,890,580 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:16 PM

Tips For Longer Healthier Hair. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Tips For Longer Healthier Hair. (3131 Views)

The Bigger Your Butt The Healthier &more Intelligent You Get - Oxford University / How To Grow Our Hair Longer And Healthier / Tips For Longer ,healthier Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips For Longer Healthier Hair. by uzoo: 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2009
Hi y'all,

have you had problems growing your natural hair or trying to stop breakage?, well ,here are some useful and proven tips that will help restore your hair and make it grow quicker.

forget the miracle jars on the shelves , the most important thing is to remember that everything about you grows faster when you eat what the body needs , like wise the hair.

secondly try to condition your hair every 10 days to 2 weeks, ( forget the big gallons used in the salons , they are meant to maximise profit, get your self a very good conditioner you can use after shampooing your hair )

follow these steps in getting the right treatment for your hair, watch your hair for about 6 weeks and see the difference.

1. 3 or 4 table spoon full of real mayonaise( the one used in salad dressing).

2. 5 table spoon full of real honey ( not the mixtures you see on the streets/shops )

3. dissolve 2 table spoon of REAL shea butter (its called ori in local language) you can get in the local market , or ask a relative to get you some and send down.

4. 4 or 5 table spoon full of castor oil ( where you cant find any,replace with olive oil , but the former works better) or use both

5. coconut oil 2 table spoon full.if you cant get the real one , try getting any from the store, there's one called emily millionaire.

6. finaly , this is optional , and its usually massaged into the scalp before washing the hair its the last thing you apply when you are about2wash your hair with a shampoo. break an egg apply egg white( thats the albumen NOT the yoke)

mix 1 to 5 in a container and massage into scalp ,and put on a shower cap , you can carry this to bed and wash of in the morning . or steam the hair during the day for about 30 mins with the shower cap still on your hair.

when its about 15mins to wash off apply the egg white and leave unitil you about to shampoo your hair , after washing the hair,

apply a hair conditioner, NOT a shampoo conditioner , NOT a leave-in conditioner , a good comditioner that says "apply to damp hair after washing and leave for a few mins ", then rinse off.
these are the ones i use 1. motions herbal conditioner (green bottle ) or 2. profective hair conditioner.

follow these steps at least once a a week. and dont forget to style or apply your usual hair cream /conditioner especially if you're in a cold weather everyday.that will help to prevent breakage, dryness.
or try using the local shea butter,(if you can handle the smell all day, )it works wonders

lastly,Protein repairs worn out tissues , its advisable to eat foods/fruits rich in protein or take vitamin supplements,its what you take inside that shows outside , the entire mixture above is protein based (mayonaise -made from eggs ), (egg white , castor oil etc ) all these repair already stressed hair .i'm not saying you should go finish a whole jar of mayonnaise , lol, eat healthy ,vegetables and fruits.use the mayonnaise for the hair treatment

i hope you're happy with the results you get . later!
Re: Tips For Longer Healthier Hair. by Approved1(f): 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2009
Are you all familiar with the www.growafrohairlong.com method?

The method IS NOT something you buy. Its just tips for dealing with nappy hair. I have some very evry very nappy hair- and the methods helped me regrow my hair after braids make my hair break off.
Re: Tips For Longer Healthier Hair. by Sissy3(f): 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2009
gosh, i wish i had time and patience for these mixing-mixing products embarassed
Re: Tips For Longer Healthier Hair. by mohawkchic(f): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2009
Linking :Spam Topic W/ replies :nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-373129.0.html
Re: Tips For Longer Healthier Hair. by uzoo: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2009
@mohawkchic

i wasnt able to open the link,but i think i may have double clicked and posted this topic twice.i guess it was when i had a problem with my internet connection.
Please can you fix this and have the replies sent to this one.thanks
Re: Tips For Longer Healthier Hair. by mamagee3(f): 10:18pm On Dec 30, 2009
Using good hair materials. tongue
Re: Tips For Longer Healthier Hair. by uzoo: 12:02am On Dec 31, 2009
I forgot to mention that this routine is for relaxed hair,dyed hair or hair that has through various harsh chemicals,or for someone
who has had a hair cut in order to get rid of coloured or damaged ends.
For thinning hair,weak hair or hair that appears to be disappearing from the forehead or the sides,this is what you should do.
Get a hair cream or a leave-in conditioner that is rich in cholesterol,i think there's one made by
hair organics or organic roots,not quite sure of the name but its a plastic jar with a dark green cover.or just any cholesterl base hair cream really.
Apply generously to the hair every other day or at least until you're satisfied with the volume,texture and repair of the base of your hair.
One more thing take it with you anytime you're going to the salon to apply relaxer/retouch your hair,and apply when styling the hair,it will help protect the especially after all that heat from the iron,dryer and the relaxer.
Re: Tips For Longer Healthier Hair. by mindeh(f): 10:20pm On Jan 07, 2010
will definitely try
Re: Tips For Longer Healthier Hair. by uzoo: 5:32pm On Jan 15, 2010
one more thing

try to avoid dying your hair if you're going to use any of these routines,

at least until you're satisfied with the length of hair you now have.

(1) (Reply)

Wow!!! Five Gele Styles To Rock In this Week [PHOTOS] / Office/work Outfits For Ladies / How To Promote Your Business & Make Massive Sales! |Fashion Business|

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.