Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,665 members, 7,885,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:28 PM

Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs (33484 Views)

Which Church Do You Attend? / Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? / Which Church Do You Attend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Bamideletaiye(m): 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
The Apostolic Faith Church
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2017
is Catholic na is obvious
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by tomshare16: 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
iamNiyo:

Even Bishop no fit sing 100hymns...bros you can lie for Africa

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HHHAHAHAA AHA HAHAHAHA HOHOGGOGOG GOHOHHO...

LMAO... tot same... bros can L.I.E.. ei
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by tomshare16: 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
dolphinife:
When it comes to hymns, forget it, no church even come close to Anglican church

I can sing over 600 hymns offhand

Anglican church has over 20k hymns.....with variety tunes.....

ei bros

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by jegusy2k: 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
talktonase:
Seventh day adventist grin
Correct bro

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by tenaciousJ(f): 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
Faith Tabernacle church.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by oma19(f): 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
Catholic Church
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by NaWetinDey(m): 6:05pm On Apr 16, 2017
dolphinife:
When it comes to hymns, forget it, no church even come close to Anglican church

I can sing over 600 hymns offhand

Anglican church has over 20k hymns.....with variety tunes.....

You should go to world Guinness book or record. Better still, ask your church to make you their working hymn. No need to carry the books around.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Lilimax(f): 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2017
I used to be a Catholic but when it comes to Hymnals, give to the Anglican Church. They are good in hymns! I will never forget Ancient and Modern... grin
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by femlordus(m): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2017
Anglican
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Iamnoah(m): 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
Celestial Church of Christ all the way....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Chukwudozzie(m): 6:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
ststyreal:
Hmmmmm!!!!! Anglican all the wayyyyy. I miss that denomination shaaaaa! " Abide with me, fast falls the even tide, when darkness deepens lord with me abide; when other helpers fail and comfort flee, help of the helpless lord, abide with us! Huh! My favorite hymn.
Fellowship in Christ!(AYF). I miss Anglican no be small.

Fellowship in Christ Jesus
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Ekowise(m): 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2017
I'm a Presbyterian hence deal a lot with hymns but I must confess that when it comes to hymns give it to the Adventist. I've tried Methodist, Aglican, Catholic and other orthodox churches and that's my findings
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by OmoBoluwaji: 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2017
Cherubim & Seraphim
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by hope4life: 6:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
J
Fifthcolumnist:
The Nigerian Baptist Church. I know half the songs in the 500+ song hymn book cos I grew up signing 3 hymns every Sunday at minimum

Confirmed. Hymns singing is a cherished heritage among mainline churches:Anglican,Methodist,Baptist,The Apostolic Church. African Instituted Churches like Christ Apostolic Church also lovea hymns. The NeoPentecostal churches see it as old school. Some use SOS or print a few in a paper. Martin Luther said next to my Bible is hymn. Hymns are deep biblical inspirational poems put in a musical form unlike the choruses we sing today to entertain ourselves. Fanny J Crosby wrote To God be the glory. She was a blind woman married to a blind man.Yet she composes to God be the glory. Hymns are inspirational.

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by dakuizi(m): 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
Deeper life grin
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by masties2(f): 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2017
unclezuma:

Nah Church nah grin grin grin grin...I remember a choir competition they won somewhere in Rivers State.

I come dey pity the other participants...

I absolutely believe you. The day I heard olumba olumba sing, I was awed.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 16, 2017
masties2:

I absolutely believe you. The day I heard olumba olumba sing, I was awed.

You sabi...
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Skelewudprince: 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2017
Synagogue, Jehovah Witness and Cele
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by lordnaruto: 7:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
deeper life
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Jamean(f): 7:37pm On Apr 16, 2017
talktonase:
Seventh day adventist grin
Wey them wan finish my brother with poems undecided
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by get2pauldy: 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2017
ECWA Yoruba section has more and inspiring Hymns like MAKOJA MI OLUGBALA This Hymn is just ok for this period we are passing thru recession
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by OneNigerianist: 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
melejo:
I don't know what this post aims at but I join the few matured Christmas here to vehemently condemn this topic. It is an abomination in Christian faith to compare church with church. I don't need to tell anyone that no hymn actually belongs to any church because others have explained it above. This is an irrelevant topic only pushed to front-page to join immature believers from different denominations in fight and it would not work
this is not absolutely true. While it is true that many hymns are not written for a particular denomination, if you look closely u'll also see that most hymns are written by people who are actually members of some denominations like Anglican, methodist etc and their denomiational leanings in some ways influenced the hymns. Some of them are even priests and notably Anglicans. There are stories, situations and life conditions behind those hymns, that is why each stage in a church service like holy communion, each service like burial service, ordination etc or each season like trinity, lent and advent have hymns associated with them. You now see, if dont be an active member of church like Anglican, you will neither fully appreciate and utilize these hymn for your spiritual life nor even get to learn that those hymns exist. In summary, while hymn are written for all, most of them grew with some church's tradition .That is why we often say 'hymns associated with Anglicans' . Or more loosely "Anglican hymns".

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by larrypourl(m): 8:35pm On Apr 16, 2017
get2pauldy:
ECWA Yoruba section has more and inspiring Hymns like MAKOJA MI OLUGBALA This Hymn is just ok for this period we are passing thru recession

Pass me not o gentle saviour. English Baptist Hymnal 219
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by shumuel(m): 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2017
ODAROOMS:
Oya, it's time to defend your church
Pls no insult, just state your opinion with some proves. "WHICH CHURCH HYMNS DO U HAVE MUCH RESPECT FOR"
Pls the Mod should help move this to the Religious section it doesn't open from my side here.
Thanks

1. Anglican
2. Catholic
3. C.C.C Cele

Every other church copy from the above mentioned 3

Baptists takes Fourth.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by talktonase(m): 9:04pm On Apr 16, 2017
Jamean:

Wey them wan finish my brother with poems undecided
music is poetry and poetry is music grin
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by ststyreal(f): 9:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
econity:

Did you marry out or you switched church?
I marry out oooooooo, e still dey pain me no be small!
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by ststyreal(f): 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
Sammyblaq:

A sister sighted...

Na Pluto u dey?
Which one be Pluto? I miss Anglican jareeee! I love Anglican church no be small. I dey Ayf, quizz class, Rising star etc. I represent st Stephens Anglican church igbobi, fadeyi. God bless all Anglicans and other denomination in Christ. Fellowship in Christ!
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by ststyreal(f): 9:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
IBpaul:

A brother has been spotted, please come back cos d communion still needs u

Fellowship!!!! In-Christ Jesus.
Fellowship in Christ! My friend, I will always visit when I am opporturned.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by ststyreal(f): 9:14pm On Apr 16, 2017
benpuzzy:

My sister, nah marriage carry you go another denimonation? ............In Christ Jesus the Perfect Man............
Na marriage ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Nicho118(m): 9:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
Anglican oo.. those sweet urhobo hymns.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu / Wise Men From Synagogue Church Of All Nations

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.