Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,875 members, 7,889,916 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:42 AM

Farouk Mutallab Passed Through Lagos Airport Twice with Bomb Undetected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Mutallab Passed Through Lagos Airport Twice with Bomb Undetected (2361 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Recover A Jeep Loaded With Bomb In Maiduguri / Newly Acquired Military Equipment Being Transported Through Lagos / OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farouk Mutallab Passed Through Lagos Airport Twice with Bomb Undetected by mogentle(m): 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2009
Bomber Defiant: ‘Though I Failed, Others Will Succeed Next Time’

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the 23-year old Nigerian, who attempted to blow up a U.S. airliner with 289 people on board, has reportedly told American investigators that though he failed, other terrorists will succeed next time.

The son of the former Chairman of First Bank of Nigeria is reported to have told the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation that others with similar training he received are ready to launch their own attacks on America, according to the U.S. network, ABC.

“I am one from a production line of terrorists that has been trained in Yemen by al-Qaeda,” he was quoted to have said, according to ABC.

“There are more just like me who will strike soon,” Mutallab said, according to The British tabloid, The Daily Telegraph.

Meanwhile, contrary to repeated claims by the Director General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Dr. Harold Demuren, that the explosive devices found with Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, did not pass through the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Ikeja, Lagos, the would-be terrorist has stated that he, indeed, passed through the Lagos airport, twice, with the deadly devices undetected.
According to a CNN report, Mutallab was said to have told an American investigator that he got the devices in Yemen and brought them to Lagos. He then transported them from Lagos to Amsterdam and from Amsterdam to Detroit undetected.

Demuren, on Sunday, exonerated Nigeria and blamed the authorities at Schiphol international airport in Amsterdam for security breaches that allowed Mutallab to board a U.S. plane with explosive devices.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/12/29/bomber-defiant-%e2%80%98though-i-failed-others-will-succeed-next-time%e2%80%99

God help us o, ,.,.,
Re: Farouk Mutallab Passed Through Lagos Airport Twice with Bomb Undetected by Kx: 4:50pm On Dec 29, 2009
This guy is bent dragging the nigerian name down.

Is he a nigerian at all?
Cant he leave nigeria out of his squabbles?
Re: Farouk Mutallab Passed Through Lagos Airport Twice with Bomb Undetected by Kx: 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2009
mogentle:

Bomber Defiant: ‘Though I Failed, Others Will Succeed Next Time’
the would-be terrorist has stated that he, indeed, passed through the Lagos airport, twice, with the deadly devices undetected.[/b]

Yet they rebranded us with the idea dat he sneaked into nigeria.
passing here 2x undetected means our port security is zero.
Re: Farouk Mutallab Passed Through Lagos Airport Twice with Bomb Undetected by Skywalker5(m): 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2009
Kx:

Yet they rebranded us with the idea dat he sneaked into nigeria.
passing here 2x undetected means our port security is zero.

Not just ours. Amsterdam own too. angry
Re: Farouk Mutallab Passed Through Lagos Airport Twice with Bomb Undetected by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
“I am one from a production line of terrorists that has been trained in Yemen by al-Qaeda,” he was quoted to have said, according to ABC.

trying to establish a secret base in Lagos no doubt.

I think people had prior intelligence about an al quada attack, from the look of things.

People in Nigeria that is.

abuzola and his shamsideen gas, other so-called non-Muslim "freedom fighters", etc etc.

all are giving themselves assistance.

Nigerians are a confused lot, I'm sorry to say.
Re: Farouk Mutallab Passed Through Lagos Airport Twice with Bomb Undetected by mekusxxx: 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
That bomb material (PENT) could have even passed through Detroit Airport undetected. This is not about Nigeria, but about the fact that PENT is unresponsive to metal detectors and that the guy was not body-searched both in Nigeria and in Amsterdam, despite the alert by his father to the US authorities. Demuren of NCAA (or whatever) and Dora Akunyili should spare us the crappy story that he sneaked into Nigeria.
Re: Farouk Mutallab Passed Through Lagos Airport Twice with Bomb Undetected by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2009
mekusxxx:

That bomb material (PENT) could have even passed through Detroit Airport undetected. This is not about Nigeria, but about the fact that PENT is unresponsive to metal detectors and that the guy was not body-searched both in Nigeria and in Amsterdam, despite the alert by his father to the US authorities. Demuren of NCAA (or whatever) and Dora Akunyili should spare us the crappy story that he sneaked into Nigeria.

What about the alert to the Nigerian authorities? Why didn't that matter, considering that came about 2 weeks before the father matched to the US embassy in Abuja, since we are talking of what happened in NIGERIA now? Why didn't it matter that he did not leave any contact information when he purchased his ticket? Why wasn't Lagos and Amsterdam able to, on their own, detect the many RED FLAGS that we so POMPOUSLY expect the US to detect even before the man enters the USA?
Re: Farouk Mutallab Passed Through Lagos Airport Twice with Bomb Undetected by ChapelleS: 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2009
Has anyone seen the picture of that bomb and its name PETN,if you get more info on this you wouldn't be asking all these question on security agencies. If they could beat Holland,what about Nigeria?
Re: Farouk Mutallab Passed Through Lagos Airport Twice with Bomb Undetected by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
This is a shame.

That airport security is just unreliable.

Why wont he passed when he bribed them with money?

My aunt told me that when she was coming back from Lagos, the lady just touched the outside of her bag like she's checking it and asked "What are you going to give me today?" without even checking the contents inside.

Na money go ruin this country. . . . pathetic.

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi: I May Go On Exile If Jonathan Does Not Support Me / Nigeria Asks For Akingbola's Arrest, Extradition / Comedy 101: Boko Haram Asks For Amnesty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.