Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,134 members, 7,943,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:36 AM

Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! (2226 Views)

Guys, Will You Still Continue The Marriage After You Discover She Did This? / A "Marriage Proposal By Police" In Port Harcourt (Pictures) / I’m Pregnant For My Cousin Again, After 2 Abortions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by Abdblues(m): 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
People, will just like to hear what you think about this friend of mine who is in a dilemma!
He Just Got married about 2.5 months ago to a very nice girl (by my own reckoning) and shocked
us (friends) when he told us 2days ago that he has gone completely tired of his Marriage, i suspected
that there might be another girl involved but he assured us that this is not the case, he said he is
deeply unhappy and is looking for ways to end it!. Truth be told he has always told us he wa getting
married to the girl because of pressure from some friends and family alike but he thinks he can handle it.
He is a christian and the wife is a muslim. he said she had previously promised to change as soon as they
are married but is now reluctant to go to church with him. He said the marriage is very cold and not interesting
at all!!!
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by omega25red(m): 6:29pm On Dec 29, 2009
your friend is a dumb as child (no disrespect) because he should have known that he had no intentions of being with the woman before he wasted her and her family's time. Tell your friend to grow a pair and either work on the marriage like he is supposed to or get an annulment before it gets too late.
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2009
marriage is bull IMO

if the guy is not happilly married,then let him dissolve it
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by coolier(f): 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2009
How long was the courtship?
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by LordReed(m): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2009
omega25red:

your friend is a dumb as child (no disrespect) because he should have known that he had no intentions of being with the woman before he wasted her and her family's time. Tell your friend to grow a pair and either work on the marriage like he is supposed to or get an annulment before it gets too late.

Hmmm Wat can I say? This is so true.
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2009
People have to work hard to keep marriage its not a fairytale, your friend is lazy and should try and work it out, meet a marriage counsellor etc. See what im saying folks, in another thread people are saying men and women have to be married at so and so age "shakes my head" This is a typical example of why we should wait.
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by freecocoa(f): 12:49am On Dec 30, 2009
Ur frnd is d cause of his own prblms,y wld he gt married due 2 presure.wel al he nids do is hav a hrt 2 hrt talk wt his wife,see how thngs go.
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by elecktra(f): 1:00am On Dec 30, 2009
your friend sounds like an unintelligent person, dumbo why marry in the first place?if he's complaining barely 2mnths after his wedding then i dont think he has a definite life plan being a xtian nd she a muslim should not suggest him wanting out at all if twas abt the religion for him why did he not pick a sister from his church?? and in what age do they still pressurize two grown ups into marriage?? undecided he's probably got another reason he's not telling
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by LordReed(m): 2:28am On Dec 30, 2009
elecktra:

your friend sounds like an unintelligent person, dumbo why marry in the first place?if he's complaining barely 2mnths after his wedding then i dont think he has a definite life plan being a xtian nd she a muslim should not suggest him wanting out at all if twas abt the religion for him why did he not pick a sister from his church?? and in what age do they still pressurize two grown ups into marriage?? undecided he's probably got another reason he's not telling

In this case am tempted to think it's financial. . .
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by Abdblues(m): 8:33am On Dec 30, 2009
They courted for 4years, he is not doing badly financially as he's got a well paying job!
Maybe there is another woman involved but he says no!His wife loves him a lot as far as
i can see but he insists he has lost all interest in the marriage and would not want to
complicate things by having Children with her!!!!
The wife in unaware of the situation
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by echobee(f): 8:36am On Dec 30, 2009
i believe he is in love with someone else. na wa o.this life.
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by LordReed(m): 10:11am On Dec 30, 2009
Abdblues:

They courted for 4years, he is not doing badly financially as he's got a well paying job!
Maybe there is another woman involved but he says no!His wife loves him a lot as far as
i can see but he insists he has lost all interest in the marriage and would not want to
complicate things by having Children with her!!!!
The wife in unaware of the situation

So wat exactly is his problem wit the marriage?
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by geogentle: 10:31am On Dec 30, 2009
Your friend is already married to her. They should both try to work things out, it takes the two of them to accomplish this. Experience taught me that the hardest times in marriage are usually the first few months irrespective of how long the courtship was. I wish him (them) the best.
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by Kelvinj(m): 10:31am On Dec 30, 2009
U see the problem, i tell my friends its not getting married that is the matter its staying married,
@poster
Ur friend must finish what he started
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by LordReed(m): 10:36am On Dec 30, 2009
Kelvinj:

U see the problem, i tell my friends its not getting married that is the matter its staying married,
@poster
your friend must finish what he started

Yeah it always seems like the act of getting married is the end of the road meanwhile the journey just began.
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by Kelvinj(m): 10:40am On Dec 30, 2009
Lord_Reed:

Yeah it always seems like the act of getting married is the end of the road meanwhile the journey just began.
so rite man.
But like some1 said if he could overcome the first half of the marriage, then the second half wont be a case
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by chika98: 10:44am On Dec 30, 2009
I feel bad for the woman for she has no idea! I bet she's running around trying to be the best she can for this man as here he is thinking of leaving her! I don talk am na MAN go full for hell!
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by Kx: 10:46am On Dec 30, 2009
Muslim + Christian,thats a tough one
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by Kelvinj(m): 10:47am On Dec 30, 2009
chika98:

I feel bad for the woman for she has no idea! I bet she's running around trying to be the best she can for this man as here he is thinking of leaving her! I don talk am na MAN go full for hell!
na woman full heaven
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by bigfoot79(m): 10:51am On Dec 30, 2009
Let him contact me , i'll help him am a divorce attorney
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by elvisprest(m): 10:57am On Dec 30, 2009
i think your friend made a very big mistake by getting married because of pressure not love. i guess he did not think well enough before he got himself into this marriage
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 30, 2009
This had better be a silly joke. Did he think marriage would be all rosy? It's a lot of work even for those truly in love. He should roll up his sleeves and start trying to make it work. Lazy bum.
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by elvisprest(m): 11:04am On Dec 30, 2009
nor mind the guy jare em tink say na so so sweet sweet marriage be. the guy na coward
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by elecktra(f): 11:16am On Dec 30, 2009
me seriously think "our friend's friend" is doing another sexy church sister on the side and now the marriage to a muslim sister tastes bitter to him, hmm bad sharp guy wink wink wink wink he deserves to be koboko-ed by all those muslim sharia lords

bigfoot79:

Let him contact me , i'll help him am a divorce attorney

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked na wa for you o, well you are working for you cheese sha so ride on attorney bad news tongue tongue
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by kemisuga(f): 11:37am On Dec 30, 2009
Tell him marriage is not A BED OF ROSES. There are always challenges.
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by bigfoot79(m): 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2009
@electra you think am Attorney bad news, right? Wait until am able to land that brief and secure a decree-nisi on that wedding, and see how relieved the poor guy will be to be single again. And besides am just giving back to the society <stroke beards with a wry smile>
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by elecktra(f): 10:28pm On Dec 30, 2009
bigfoot79:

@electra you think am Attorney bad news, right? Wait until am able to land that brief and secure a decree-nisi on that wedding, and see how relieved the poor guy will be to be single again. And besides am just giving back to the society <stroke beards with a wry smile>

ah attorney scatter ground its to sha help them dissolve thier already destroyed marriage na wa for you o, and please wat are you giving back to the society?? divorcees,broken homes,and the list is endless waoh wat a way to give back to the society i only hope am not in ur "society" before u plan ur decree-nisi on my marriage
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by ruskiee(m): 12:06pm On Dec 31, 2009
Wasn't that what he wanted in the beginning.
He should work things out with his wife.

Pressure from friends and family indeed. Where are they now when he's having these problems.
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by bigfoot79(m): 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2009
My society , your society - no difference. Anyway am just doing my part. A man says he want out, should he be enslaved in the same place he once called home ? If he cannot choose who to prag, does that not make him less than a cock? Even a cock choose it's slut
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by Sauron1: 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2009
Abdblues:

People, will just like to hear what you think about this friend of mine who is in a dilemma!
He Just Got married about 2.5 months ago to a very nice girl (by my own reckoning) and shocked
us (friends) when he told us 2days ago that he has gone completely tired of his Marriage, i suspected
that there might be another girl involved but he assured us that this is not the case, he said he is
deeply unhappy and is looking for ways to end it!. Truth be told he has always told us he wa getting
married to the girl because of pressure from some friends and family alike but he thinks he can handle it.
He is a christian and the wife is a muslim. he said she had previously promised to change as soon as they
are married but is now reluctant to go to church with him.
He said the marriage is very cold and not interesting
at all!!!

Tell your friend to change to a Muslim to save his marriage.
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by ravenzord(m): 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2009
@ OP: Situations like this are the reasons why folks are advised not to rush into marriage. . .now that the damage's been done,the best thing the guy can do is try to salvage the marriage,let them go for counselling,talk over the issues bothering them,including religion. If all he does isn't effective in revitalizing the marriage,then it's best they divorce amicably now that there's no third party,cos once the woman gets pregnant that's a different ball game entirely.
Re: Want Out Of A Marriage After 2 Months! by laudate: 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2010
Abdblues:

are married but is now reluctant to go to church with him. He said the marriage is very cold and not interesting
at all!!!

Was your friend a player before he got married?

He is probably bored & wants to continue sampling other women, but he feels his marriage is a leash that restrains him.

Also, there is some other chic in the picture. . . . .there may not be anything happening between them yet, but his thoughts are now focused on the new lady, that's why he is now emotionally detached from his wife. So don't believe him if he says there is nobody else.

Finally, I don't believe in this day & age, that family pressure or friends can make a man marry a woman he does not love. Any man who peddles that excuse is a mugu acting out a script of deceit written by a Machiavellian player. Doesn't he have a mind of his own?

Such a man lacks integrity, character & the courage of his convictions.

Leave your friend alone to lie on the bed he has made for himself. He chose to get married, no one held a gun to his head to force him into holy matrimony. . . .so what is he complaining about? Why do people play Russian roulette with their lives in the name of marriage?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kissing? / Should I Continue With This Olukwu? / If U Found Out That Your Fiance Lie About Her Virginity What Will U Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.