Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,743 members, 7,921,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 10:24 AM

Uk Student Visa Processing Time - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa Processing Time (8815 Views)

US Announces New Visa Processing For Nigeria / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Uk Student Visa Processing Time by lordmayor1: 3:26am On Jan 24, 2007
Hello everyone in the house,
I applied for my student visa at the british embassy in lagos since december 22,2006,and uptil now I have not received back my package.I dont know what could be happening and why its been delayed.
Pls does it take that long for student applications.

pls I need a response and nairalander's view on this issue.

Lordmayor
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by adeshsam(m): 8:40am On Jan 24, 2007
NO! it doesn;t take time like that.

May be there was a problem with your Application or probably check the Visa Application Centre for confrimation.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by fatliar(m): 8:53am On Jan 24, 2007
applied for my student visa at the british embassy in lagos since december 22,2006,and uptil now I have not received back my package.I don't know what could be happening and why its been delayed.
Please does it take that long for student applications.

please I need a response and Nairaland user's view on this issue.

Lordmayor[color=#006600][/color]

they do go for their holidays on every 23 of dec of every year u should have sent ur
application around november
cos dey love people keeping to time
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by lordmayor1: 11:57am On Jan 24, 2007
The application is going to about 5weeks now.My school resumed on January 15,2007,but with an alternative commencement date of April 2007.
What could be causing the delay?
Are my documents missing?

Pls I need ur views.
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by VOR(m): 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2007
Since nobody here works in the BHC (or at least I don't think so)
it would be virtually impossible to say with any certainty what has
happened to your application.

I think the best -and in my view -most logical thing for you to do is
to contact the BHC to find out the reason for the delay.
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by lordmayor1: 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2007
I have sent e-mails to the BHC in lagos,and i dont seem to be getting any reply.
Are there any nairalander's facing the same problem?
And how long has your application taken if so.

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by VOR(m): 12:53pm On Jan 24, 2007
lordmayor1:

I have sent e-mails to the BHC in lagos,and i don't seem to be getting any reply.
Are there any Nairaland user's facing the same problem?
And how long has your application taken if so.

thanks

Have you tried ringing them?
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by adeshsam(m): 3:06pm On Jan 24, 2007
I thin tht will be d best thing for him to do. Please try and call them to confirm wht cause d delay.

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by lordmayor1: 5:27pm On Jan 24, 2007
I will call them 2morrow.
But someone told me that if your application takes more than necessary time,they are trying to further investigate and confirm my financial documents.For God's sake its 5weeks now.

Wetin dey happen eyin guys,

ogaoooooo,
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by lordmayor1: 10:51am On Jan 25, 2007
Yeah,
they have replied to my e-mail,and they wrote,

Dear Madam,

We apologise for the mixed up in our earlier reply. However, your application is still being processed and will soon be sent back to the VFS centre as soon as a decision is made.

This was their reply and I begin to wonder why It could be taking that long to process.
Could this be a positive delay?

Share your views.
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by lordmayor1: 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2007
Back again.
Still not received a reply on my student visa application for almost 6 weeks now.
They said they are still processing it.
I am confused,what could be happening to my application for six weeks.
Comments please
Has anyone experienced this b4.
Most application takes about 10 working days or at most 2weeks
Mine has taken six weeks now,
Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by lordmayor1: 3:26am On Jan 29, 2007
Still not received a reply on my student visa application for almost 6 weeks now.
They said they are still processing it.
I am confused,what could be happening to my application for six weeks.
Comments please
Has anyone experienced this before.
Most application takes about 10 working days or at most 2weeks
Mine has taken six weeks now,
Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by Akolawole(m): 11:11pm On Jan 29, 2007
@Lordmayor1

They are making some enquiries.

Watch out.
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by bigbumper(f): 3:31am On Jan 31, 2007
your question was answered by fatliar, see end of second post above.
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by lordmayor1: 8:58am On Jan 31, 2007
Thanx Akolawole,

Hope it comes out positiveley.
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by jamly: 5:48am On Jan 20, 2009
hi guys,

anyone concern der i just like to ask if student visa applicantion takes about more dan 1month.I have applied mine on dec 16,2008 but up to now i havn't still received any result from dem.
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by 3sha4lyf: 9:44pm On Jan 23, 2009
@ jamly

I guess you have to understand that they went on holiday during the festive period. they wer shut down from that 25th December 2008 week till 5th or 12th of January 2009. So calculate at most 15 WORKING DAYS from that time and see if there's still a delay. Then u can panic and ask dem how far by call/email. Goodluck.
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by kingville(m): 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2009
Hello Friend.

Well just read your post now and decided to add this incase you or anyone that comes to your post might be interested. I can get you a work permit with 5years visa in it and it will take me a month to get this done. If you are interested you just give me a call or send me an email.
feelkc.daniel@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by MrCrackles(m): 2:24pm On Jan 25, 2009
kingville:

Hello Friend.

Well just read your post now and decided to add this incase you or anyone that comes to your post might be interested. I can get you a work permit with 5years visa in it and it will take me a month to get this done. If you are interested you just give me a call or send me an email.
feelkc.daniel@gmail.com

Stupid fool, work permits and visa extensions (under work permit) are two different offices

It doesnt take a month to process a work permit and visa extension you fraudulent bastard

A company/business/organisations are the only ones, who can apply for a work permit after which the individual sorts out visa extension

Stop decieving people, because you are a fraud, a clueless son of a bitch and a blooming thief!

Stop now, otherwise you will rot in the most ferocious part of hell fire after suffering severely on earth, self-servicer!!
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by kingville(m): 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2009
well to reply the person who just replied now saying all sort of things
i dont have time to exchange words for you and i dont owe you anything
but i want people to know that this true even though what you said is true
am going to get you a work permit with a company in the uk, and thats going
to be a 5years visa from which you can extend.
But brother this is real dont start saying this ok
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by MrCrackles(m): 2:41pm On Jan 25, 2009
kingville:

well to reply the person who just replied now saying all sort of things
i dont have time to exchange words for you and i dont owe you anything
but i want people to know that this true even though what you said is true
am going to get you a work permit with a company in the uk,  and thats going
to be a 5years visa from which you can extend.
But brother this is real dont start saying this ok

Stop lying, you know are nothing but a fraudulent slowpoke and you know you cant get anything!

All fraudsters seem to be smart, but you are so daft, it is very funny
! grin
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by opensource(m): 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2009
Any news yet with the application
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by miz4oxley(m): 11:10am On Jan 30, 2009
hey, long period of application does not guarantee you a visa, Just pray.
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by scobyy2007: 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2010
I think the most important thing about VISA applications is just the F.O.G, Favour of God. u might be physically or by document perfect yet denied.
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by tp411(m): 11:02am On Sep 30, 2010
Dear concerned applicant,obviously there are issues with your application,consequent upon which the commission tried reaching out for you on your known contact info's but to no avail.Hence,most probably must have forwarded your package to the foreign affairs largely because your international passport isn't suppose to be there property but that of the federal govt of Nigeria care of the ministry of foreign affairs.
Two things you can do pls;Get in touch with the foreign affairs office with your passport info.,or contact the consulate to ascertain when your ducs were forwarded for speedy identification, Goodluck and happy anniverssary.
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by xexes89: 11:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hey guys...good day.
I hv been here since last yr,readin pple's coment n i must confess,u guys ar just d best.
Pls i hav some enquiries to mk n pls i need ur candid advice.
I applied for uk visa lik 2weeks ago,i got all my necesary documents.my cas leta,i hav paid 7000paunds out of 1008 paunds,i hav lik 2.1mill in my acct wich its been dey for more dan 28days n i submited d statement,i also submited my dad's statement as my sponsor and his acc has lik 4 times d amount dat in my acct,i hav my birth cert from population office indicatin my relationship wit him,he also gav me a cover leta clearly statin dat i am his son and he has been responsible for my education eva since n he is wilin to continue,i just finishd my nysc dis june and i am 24yrs old,i submited my bsc cer,nysc cert,my cisco cert,my transcript from my former uni,my cert from zoom technology india cos i ws dey after sch for a couple of months to do some IT certifications.i got a 6months visa den bt i spent only 4 months and 2 weeks,after my program,i returnd home.pls i am so tensed as i need dis visa so bad,pls wat do u tink ar my chances of getin d visa?...i jst need to talk to someone.tnx n God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa Processing Time by justwise(m): 12:33am On Aug 05, 2013

(1)

Visit Ethiopia / At Last I Have Been Granted A Visa / ( Hot, Hot Video ) Nigerian Dance Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.