Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,841 members, 7,912,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 05:10 AM

Groom To Be Faced #7.9 Million Bill When Bride Dumped Him For Another Woman - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Groom To Be Faced #7.9 Million Bill When Bride Dumped Him For Another Woman (341 Views)

Six Ways To Handle Challenges Which Can Be Faced At Work. / ALGON, 16 Foreign Firms To Create 5.9 Million New Jobs. / See Why A Man Commits Suicide Because Girlfriend Dumped Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Groom To Be Faced #7.9 Million Bill When Bride Dumped Him For Another Woman by fsbuq: 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2017
Groom faces £25,000 wedding bill after his wife-to-be dumped him for another woman

A man has told of his heartbreak after his nurse bride dumped him for a female colleague just six weeks before their wedding.

Plumber Adam Vickers, 24, planned to marry Laura O’Callaghan, 24, in £25,000 wedding.

The couple of ten years paid for a beautiful rural venue, sent invites, hired a photographer, DJ and a Bentley for the bride and booked a honeymoon to Thailand.

But six weeks before the childhood sweethearts were due to get married, Adam learned that his partner of 10 years had been having an affair with Sinead Keziah.

He said that cancelling the big day plunged him into a deep depression which was made worse by seeing pictures of his ex and her new girlfriend on Facebook.

He said that he’s been left with the bill for the wedding and has taken to Gumtree to sell items to pay for it.

Adam and Laura met at Newlands Catholic School in Middlesbrough and began dating in 2007.

They went to prom together, enjoyed luxury holidays and made plans for their future lives, even picking out names for their children.

In June 2013, loved-up Adam popped the question on a beach in Cuba and last February they moved into their first house together.

They then started planning their wedding for July 30, last year.

But Laura, who was studying nursing at university at the time, had hit it off with a colleague and they’d started seeing each other secretly.

Adam said: ‘Looking back when I know what happened I started piecing things together. Laura’s body was there but her head was elsewhere.

‘She was talking about Sinead a lot but it blew over my head because I’m laid back.

‘We all met up once – me, Laura, Sinead and a boy she was seeing. She seemed up front and confident. We were all chatting.

‘I thought she seemed fun but I didn’t think anything of it. I didn’t know what was going on behind my back.’

In the build-up to the wedding Adam and Laura began to quarrel more and more and in June – six weeks before they were set to walk down the aisle – Laura walked out.

She blocked Adam on Facebook and posted a message to friends saying that the wedding was off.

Heartbroken, he went on holiday over the big day to escape – but while he was away his mates noticed Laura posting snaps online of her with a female colleague.

She’s since updated her Facebook cover photo to a love padlock locked to a fence inscribed with her and Sinead’s names and hearts.

And in February, Adam claims a post on Laura’s page showed the women celebrating their first anniversary – meaning they were together four months before she left him.

To top it all off, Adam wasn’t able to get any money back on the venue so had just weeks to find someone else to fill it – and ended up flogging it on eBay for £2,000.

He estimates he lost £20k in total in money splashed on everything from outfits and catering to invites and cars, though the honeymoon was in Laura’s name.

Adam, who now has a new partner, added: ‘It totally broke my heart at the time.

‘Now I feel angry more than anything. I would have gone to the ends of the earth for the girl. It was a massive betrayal.’

Laura confirmed she left Adam a few weeks before the wedding and is in a new relationship.

She said: ‘I haven’t left him in any debt whatsoever.’

Told of his heartache, she added: ‘Tell Adam to f**k off and do one.’

Source: http://fsbuq.com/groom-to-be-face-25000-bill-when-bride-dumped-him-for-another-woman/

(1) (Reply)

Differences Between The Twins Villages In The World / Ella Received A Surprised Gift From Mr. Jollof The Comedian / World Earth Day : Visionscape’s Exemplary Vision For The Earth By Awodare Awofis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.