Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,168 members, 7,943,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" (1186 Views)

2009 Nija Used Kia Picanto For #400k Last SOLD SOLD SOLD / In Need of Nija Used 2002-2005 CRV. / 2002 Highlander Limited*PICTUREs ON NIJA SOIL, LIVE*Pre-ordered By Cool Me Of Nl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by MrKelly: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2009
A colleague had an accident with his brand new 2009 Toyota Corola two weeks ago while on a top speed. I was informed that the car began to summersalt after the front tire blew up and finally hit an electric pole by the road side which eventually brought it to an abrupt stop. The impact on the car was so serious that it was tagged a write off.

Despite the impact on the car and its effects on the occupants, none of the airbags deployed. It beats me on how one could spend over N3m for harzards people send to this country in the name of "brand new car". I love Toyotas but I am begining to suspect that the brand new cars they send to us here are lemon. With this experience, I'll rather buy a 5 year old certified car form US than those so called "tear rubbers" they sell in this courntry.
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by Tudor6(f): 11:03am On Dec 30, 2009
My brother, its not toyotas fault. This incident was as a result of manipulation from the devil. The evil people in the village were jealous of your friend because he spent 3M on a car they then sent the evil spirits to kill him this december.

Even if there were 1 million airbags they wouldn't deploy. The technologies and sophistication of toyota are no match for our okija juju.

Hope your friend is okay?
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by MrKelly: 11:42am On Dec 30, 2009
Tudór:

My brother, its not toyotas fault. This incident was as a result of manipulation from the devil. The evil people in the village were jealous of your friend because he spent 3M on a car they then sent the evil spirits to kill him this december.

Sounds scary. Anyway, he's a man of God, was on his way from church program when it happened.
Tudór:

Even if there were 1 million airbags they wouldn't deploy. The technologies and sophistication of toyota are no match for our okija juju.
I dont believe you.
Tudór:

He has not fininshed his assignment on earth, so God spared him. He miraculously came out without a scratch while the guy sitting next to him had fractures.
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by MrCrackles(m): 11:45am On Dec 30, 2009
Mr Kelly:

Sounds scary. Anyway, he's a man of God
What do you mean by man of God
Are you different? I mean whose man are you? The Devil or God
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by MrKelly: 11:50am On Dec 30, 2009
:-x :-x
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by Tudor6(f): 11:51am On Dec 30, 2009
So na pastor the guy be, eh?

He has gone to go and misyarn about the devil now im wan show am pepper.

Tell you friend to better keep his mouth shut if he wants to enjoy the remaining tithes and offerings left after buying the 3M car.
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by Tonyet1(m): 11:53am On Dec 30, 2009
Tudór:

grin ;Dhmmm interesting post from the grand-de-lord, and funniest of it was that the OP was answering him.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by MrKelly: 11:56am On Dec 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

What do you mean by man of God
Are you different? I mean whose man are you? The Devil or God

Tudór:

So na pastor the guy be, eh?

He has gone to go and misyarn about the devil now im wan show am pepper.

Tell you friend to better keep his mouth shut if he wants to enjoy the remaining tithes and offerings left after buying the 3M car.

Gosh! I'm outta here.
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by mrperfect(m): 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2009
Thank God he survived.
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by Tonyet1(m): 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2009
Mr Kelly:

Gosh! I'm outta here.

U aint started, ever wondered y i call him the GRAND-DE-LORD.! wink wink wink
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by Tudor6(f): 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2009
Tonye-t:

U aint started, ever wondered y i call him the GRAND-DE-LORD.! wink wink wink
How did this guy find me here?

This is Autos!!
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by Tonyet1(m): 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2009
Tudór:

This is Autos!!

And he is Tudor the genius. compliments bro sis!
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by ib612(m): 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2009
Most of the newer corolla they sell in 9ja are Dubai assembled and probably do not comform with the America Specs for safety rules.
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by chelseabmw(m): 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2009
chie, hope the man of God is okay?
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by oblo(m): 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2009
Tear rubber na tear rubber anyday, but dis one tear pole, A german machine anyday for me sha if I had my way, Now thats what i call durability!!!
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by Fhemmmy: 7:11pm On Dec 30, 2009
I have said this over and over, that most of the brand new cars sold in Nigeria are sub-standard and cant and wont be used in Western world.
That explain why some of the prices are lower than normal.
BTW, i disagree with the comment that it has to do family in the village and all that.
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by GeorgeD1(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2009
tudor, you don't have to be so scathing on a man who is obviously a pastor. not all are as you think. sad
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 30, 2009
Mr Kelly:

A colleague had an accident with his brand new 2009 Toyota Corola two weeks ago while on a top speed.

How fast was he driving? Every driver, car and road has limitations. If a front tyre blows out at high speed, and the driver panics, and applies the brakes, the car will very likely roll over, as it did in your friends case.

Not a design fault of the car.

Mr Kelly:

finally hit an electric pole by the road side which eventually brought it to an abrupt stop.

Side impact with a telegraph pole?

Mr Kelly:

The impact on the car was so serious that it was tagged a write off.

Most cars impacted against a telegraph pole, at speeds above 50 mph will be destroyed.

Mr Kelly:

Despite the impact on the car and its effects on the occupants, none of the airbags deployed.

Front airbags are designed to be triggered by direct frontal impact. They are not deployed by roll overs, or side impact.

Mr Kelly:

It beats me on how one could spend over N3m for harzards people send to this country in the name of "brand new car".

The amount of money spent on any car has no direct bearing on how the car will stand up to a rollover, and impact against a telegraph pole, a blown front tyre will affect most cars in a similar fashion, if the driver has no control over a high-speed scenario.

Mr Kelly:

I love Toyotas but I am begining to suspect that the brand new cars they send to us here are lemon.

More of a low-performance driver, in a high-performance scenario, he had no control over.

Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2009
Glad your friend and his occupants escaped relatively unscathed.
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by sultaan(m): 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
I have been to some dealerships, and seen some new cars, but never seen a new car with seats wrapped in nylon.

I think tear rubber concept is over rated.
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by cbr600ff: 2:30am On Dec 31, 2009
I think we have some sub standard cars in Nigeria been sold as New Cars. A couple of weeks back, a 2008 Hyundai SUV was brought to a friend's workshop for body repairs. What baffled everyone was that the SUV got hit seriously by the side (doors had to be replaced) but the air bags in the door panels didnt deploy. When the door panels were removed, there was no sign of any airbag in both doors. The other doors were also examined, no airbags installed but they all had the airbag sign on them.

What do you guys think about this case?
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by Tudor6(f): 2:59am On Dec 31, 2009
What does one do in such a high speed scenario when your front tyre bursts. . .i had one recently and my first instinct was to apply the brakes.
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by Fhemmmy: 4:19am On Dec 31, 2009
Tudór:

What does one do in such a high speed scenario when your front tyre bursts. . .i had one recently and my first instinct was to apply the brakes.

In such scenario, stay away from the brake, get off the accelerator, and stare the wheel till the speed is reduced and you can now stop the car, get out to safety and call for help
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by GeorgeD1(m): 11:42am On Dec 31, 2009
sound advice.
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by pak: 11:51am On Dec 31, 2009
Siena:

How fast was he driving? Every driver, car and road has limitations. If a front tyre blows out at high speed, and the driver panics, and applies the brakes, the car will very likely roll over, as it did in your friends case.

Side impact with a telegraph pole?

Most cars impacted against a telegraph pole, at speeds above 50 mph will be destroyed.

Front airbags are designed to be triggered by direct frontal impact. They are not deployed by roll overs, or side impact.

The amount of money spent on any car has no direct bearing on how the car will stand up to a rollover, and impact against a telegraph pole, a blown front tyre will affect most cars in a similar fashion, if the driver has no control over a high-speed scenario.

More of a low-performance driver, in a high-performance scenario, he had no control over.

Fhemmmy:

In such scenario, stay away from the brake, get off the accelerator, and stare the wheel till the speed is reduced and you can now stop the car, get out to safety and call for help

WOW fantastic posts.

I ended up gainin a lot bout cars in one (actually two) fell swoop
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by GeorgeD1(m): 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2009
well it's a big lesson still: some 'tear rubber' cars may bring you to tears if your not careful! grin
Re: Beware Of Nija "tear Rubbers" by Freshfish: 10:43pm On Dec 31, 2009
Good post,

My spouse bought a 2008 mitsuibishi lancer from Kelwarams VI , (Just 6 months from purchase) full of regrets, from gear, to electrical, to starting problems. The company is apparently aware of the issues with this brand and indifferent!!!! They don't even have spares and technical expertise to support the vehicle. The car is grounded as at today.

Truly, they import scrap and substandard vehicles into Nigeria!!!! I don't blame them, no regulators!!!

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Nissan Jeep Import 4rm Usa / Fiat 110 Delivery Truck / 2005 Toyota Corolla: N1.8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.