Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,913 members, 7,931,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:51 PM

Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account (22686 Views)

Ben Bruce Shares A Quote Of Goodluck Jonathan From 3-years Ago!!! / Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election / Jonathan, From Beginning, Was Too Small For The Presidency – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by cktheluckyman: 8:59am On Apr 11, 2017
1Rebel:

I have more than $10k in savings which is worth more than N1m, you must think everyone is a pauper like yourself and your family. Such a pity.
Just ignore that ignoramuses. The same hypocrite will come and gloat about how rich Tinubu is without preaching all the thrash he is spewing here

3 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by rusher14: 8:59am On Apr 11, 2017
1Rebel:

I have more than $10k in savings which is worth more than N1m, you must think everyone is a pauper like yourself and your family. Such a pity.

Only 10k and you are feeling cool with yourself as the most intelligent being in your village.

4 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by Kingsley1000(m): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Funny enough.That is the position of the law.You will have to come to prove to the courts that the burgled actually burgled your house with irrefutable evidence most likely eye witnesses or CCTV.Am still waiting for the EFCC to prove PEJ stole that money
which other prove are you looking for?21million dollars is equivalent to 10500000000naira.what was her occupation and remuneration to have acquired such a huge amount of money??
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by banggy: 9:00am On Apr 11, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Ass lickers like you are the reason the EFCC keeps losing cases upandan.Whoose yam exactly did she steal? Can you prove it in court?

I hope your brain functions properly, if truly it is which court does one needs to know is unjust for Sm1 to ganna $80m just like DAT smh for ur reasoning...

2 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by cktheluckyman: 9:00am On Apr 11, 2017
ybalogs:

abi ooo, Mama Piss wan quick go collect our money run forgetting EFCC no dey respect law.
EFCC no de respect law? Tanx for the admission. Trust me when the time comes,they surely will
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by hedonistic: 9:02am On Apr 11, 2017
lytech1:

even without been charged...where did a single person get such amount of money.
That money worth more than some state allocaton .

Kingsley1000:
which other prove are you looking for?21million dollars is equivalent to 10500000000naira.what was her occupation and remuneration to have acquired such a huge amount of money??

I hate how broke ass, mentally lazy, and frustrated goats like you reason. Someone has no job, bla bla bla, so how did he or she make xyz money. This is very daft. Must everyone have a conventional job?

What you should be asking is why hasn't the EFCC been able to establish before the court that Patience Jonathan acquired the money from criminal activities. It is their job to PROVE that she got the money illegally, not to ask foolish questions about how she got it. She doesn't owe them any explanation, and they have no right to dispute any explanation she chooses to offer.

I may not have a conventional job (the idea of a 9-5 job is not for everyone), but I can make a million dollars in one day simply by being a middle man or a broker. I can link Mr A with Mr B and facilitate a massive transaction between them, and get paid a commission that runs into millions. Will you now see me living my kind of lifestyle and ask stupid questions like where do you work and what do you do? If you can prove that I got my money illegally, tender the evidence and stop asking foolish questions!

Not everyone is cut out for working in one mumu office, earning one mumu salary, and settling for a mediocre existence. Some people choose to use their brains and scheme out a good life for themselves. You shouldn't be asking them foolish questions if you don't know how they got the money they have.

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by rusher14: 9:05am On Apr 11, 2017
hedonistic:
I hate how broke ass, mentally lazy, and frustrated goats like you reason. Someone has no job, bla bla bla, so how did he or she make xyz money. This is very daft. Must everyone have a conventional job?

What you should be asking is why hasn't the EFCC been able to establish before the court that Patience Jonathan acquired the money from criminal activities. It is their job to PROVE that she got the money illegally, not to ask foolish questions about how she got it. She doesn't owe them any explanation, and they have no right to dispute any explanation she chooses to offer.

I may not have a conventional job (the idea of a 9-5 job is not for everyone), but I can make a million dollars in one day simply by being a middle man or a broker. I can link Mr A with Mr B and facilitate a massive transaction between them, and get paid a commission that runs into millions. Will you now see me living my kind of lifestyle and ask stupid questions like where do you work and what do you do? If you can prove that I got my money illegally, tender the evidence and stop asking foolish questions!

Not everyone is cut out for working in one mumu office, earning one mumu salary, and settling for a mediocre existence. Some people choose to use their brains and scheme out a good life for themselves. You shouldn't be asking them foolish questions if you don't know how they got the money they are spending.

All these things you can do but not while you hold public office.

Remember Shepopo was a permanent secretary throughout her time as first lady.
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by signz: 9:06am On Apr 11, 2017
EFCC will still lose at the Appeal and Supreme Courts. Not because the Judiciary are corrupt as BMC & Magu SM employees will want us to believe but simply because cases are not won on the pages of Blogs and Newspapers.

Magu, EFCC investigators & EFCC lawyers (especially Keyamo) are all incompetent.

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by magoo10(m): 9:12am On Apr 11, 2017
those celebrating efcc for not obeying court order are doing themselves no good,they are only helping in bringing down Nigeria's Democratic values.

we will only continue running in circles most of the affected will be the youths.
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by hedonistic: 9:15am On Apr 11, 2017
rusher14:

All these things you can do but not while you hold public office.

Remember Shepopo was a permanent secretary throughout her time as first lady.

The position of First Lady is not a 'public office'. She didn't manage any budget, neither did she have access to any public funds. She didn't hold any political position - elected or appointed... Other than the brief, Ill-advised stint as a ceremonial State Permanent Secretary at large (in absentia) in Bayelsa State.

We all know that any money she has most likely came from gifts. That's the country we live in, and that's our culture. Even nobodies like us get monetary gifts from friends and relatives when we want to do weddings, birthdays, burials, or anything. Imagine the number of high profile friends and associates that someone like Nigeria's First Lady would have. Countless billionaires, businessmen and favour seekers would easily pay millions into her account as 'greeting money'. It's difficult to prove in any court that such gifts constitute money laundering or criminal acquisition of wealth. Let's not allow unnecessary frustration or sentiment becloud our common sense.

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by signz: 9:15am On Apr 11, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Just ignore that ignoramuses. The same hypocrite will come and gloat about how rich Tinubu is without preaching all the thrash he is spewing here

Some who still have a little shame will ask you if it was your money that Tinubu stole or can you prove that Tinubu is corrupt?

Like one guy will always say on twitter, Nigerians have no problem with corruption, Nigerians only shout corruption when the corrupt person is not from his/her tribe.

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by Seun360(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2017
The true face of corruption.
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by Pavarottii(m): 9:20am On Apr 11, 2017
WorldRichest:
How market Mama Piss ass lickers association?

Now, you that did not eat last night, because they was no food at home. Also, this morning there is no hope of breakfast for you. Yet, imPatience Mama Piss' drivers, gatemen and garderners have several millions in their account which is kept for Mama Piss. Yet, you will run here in few seconds time to support looters both in PDP and APC. You are fighting for corrupt leaders while your stomach is empty? Mama Piss has over $20 million in two accounts and you say it is her hard earned money. Your father and mother have been working for over 30 years now, why have they not saved one million dollars since Mama Piss could save $20 million in few years? Now use your head, don't you think your village people are have sacrificed your brain to their evil gods?
Pass dis message to afonjas that support tinubu; and almajiri's that support atiku.

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by Myself2(m): 9:24am On Apr 11, 2017
WorldRichest:

Now, you that did not eat last night, because they was no food at home. Also, this morning there is no hope of breakfast for you. Yet, imPatience Mama Piss' drivers, gatemen and garderners have several millions in their account which is kept for Mama Piss. Yet, you will run here in few seconds time to support looters both in PDP and APC. You are fighting for corrupt leaders while your stomach is empty? Mama Piss has over $20 million in two accounts and you say it is her hard earned money. Your father and mother have been working for over 30 years now, why have they not saved one million dollars since Mama Piss could save $20 million in few years? Now use your head, don't you think your village people are have sacrificed your brain to their evil gods?
You that is papa dullard prick lickers association how does the woman not being allowed to withdraw from her account help your unfortunate situation ? So nothing in your tiny brain told you that apart from this $5.9 million that the former first lady probably has some more money invested elsewhere and will never fall to your level ??
Nothing gave you that hint at all ??

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 11, 2017
Mumu woman, she sef dey claim right over stolen public funds
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by rusher14: 9:33am On Apr 11, 2017
hedonistic:

The position of First Lady is not a 'public office'. She didn't manage any budget, neither did she have access to any public funds. She didn't hold any political position - elected or appointed... Other than the brief, Ill-advised stint as a ceremonial State Permanent Secretary at large (in absentia) in Bayelsa State.

We all know that any money she has most likely came from gifts. That's the country we live in, and that's our culture. Even nobodies like us get monetary gifts from friends and relatives when we want to do weddings, birthdays, burials, or anything. Imagine the number of high profile friends and associates that someone like Nigeria's First Lady would have. Countless billionaires, businessmen and favour seekers would easily pay millions into her account as 'greeting money'. It's difficult to prove in any court that such gifts constitute money laundering or criminal acquisition of wealth. Let's not allow unnecessary frustration or sentiment becloud our common sense.

There's nothing like ceremonial permanent secretary.

She was a public holder receiving salaries for her work as a permanent secretary.

She was advised against it but Dickson and her wouldn't listen.

That's what greed can do.

In her response after the swearing-in, Dame Patience Jonathan justified her acceptance of the promotion to the office of a Permanent Secretary in the civil service of the Bayelsa State government saying that outside her role as the wife of the President she deserves and reserves the right to pursue her career to its heights.

She said that she wasn’t the first person in such position in the world or the country to pursue a career outside her role as a wife of a political office holder.

She said that she was last promoted 13 years ago even though she had been working in the state as a teacher before transferring her service to the ministry of education.

She disclosed that she had been working as a teacher before she met her husband who was her lecturer in school.She wondered what the uproar about her appointment was all about when her role as the First lady of the federation was not even constitutional and the fact has been drummed to her hearing by several people.“When it suits them, they will say we don’t have office. Remember when I went to Lagos for peace advocacy, the Governor of Lagos State said that my husband should call me to order since my office is not in the constitution and that I have no office. Why now won’t I pursue my career that I am sure of?“

“We the wives of political office holders, if our name is not in the constitution and our husbands will retire with full benefits then they should find a role for us when they are amending the constitution. They should look into our own affairs,” she said.

http://saharareporters.com/2012/07/20/nigerias-first-lady-patience-jonathan-sworn-bayelsa-permanent-secretary-pm-news-lagos

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by Guk: 9:38am On Apr 11, 2017
Kingsley1000:

source : http://pulse.ng/local/patience-jonathan-bank-blocks-ex-first-lady-from-accessing-her-unfrozen-account-id6511858.html

Thers is no controversy here at all.

(1) She is not a signatory to the accounts as they are in others' name. The ATM cards do not bear her name and for those who do not know, you are expected to sign at the back of your ATM card with which its verified when you physically present the card.

(2) Transfer from a domicilarry account is limited to $10,000 per period except she is opening a Form A or a Form M which have their own process.

(3) Storming the bank to withdraw dollars over the counter is a waste of time as there is a limit you can do per day even if she took authorization from the signatories

People need to put things in proper context

2 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by dallyemmy: 9:38am On Apr 11, 2017
Perhaps, she wrote an English Textbook! I heard the woman that wrote Harry Porter is very rich. Maybe Mama Peace wrote a best seller that fetched her a fortune.
WorldRichest:

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by Danfemi(m): 9:40am On Apr 11, 2017
1Rebel:

Why? Has any judge charged her with fraud or theft?

Bmc employee, brainless fellows.

Apart frm charge or nt charge she deserved to ve d money. 2terms governor's wife plus 1term vice President's wife plus 6years President's wife. Pls dnt mind dose kids dat will just jump to nairaland to comment
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by Vicolan: 9:44am On Apr 11, 2017
1Rebel:

Help me ask d daft fellow ooo...Na him money nee
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by Guk: 9:46am On Apr 11, 2017
hedonistic:

Let us assume they are gifts but remember that the accounts are fraudulent as the Names; Signatories and BVN do not tally and the "official" owners of the accounts have pleaded guilty whether by coercion or by arm twisting or voluntarily

2 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by profhezekiah: 9:47am On Apr 11, 2017
1Rebel:

Bros don't be sentimental something is wrong with d judgement,I detested buhari but that should nt make support issue and close my sense of reasoning,I suspect conspiracy by the new CJN.

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by OfficialAwol(m): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2017
What happened to rule of law?
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 11, 2017
For the aboki cow who said Bayelsa is the most underdeveloped state in Nigeria please go and ask Emir Sanusi to teach you how to say the truth!!
Below is a link to the 7 poorest States and the first five are northern States! Coincidence?? undecided
http://www.nigerianinfopedia.com/7-top-poorest-states-nigeria/
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by Turboking(m): 10:27am On Apr 11, 2017
slimfit1:
Why only this woman what about the rest of our first ladies the mixed race one is still alive.
ur mumu don wear Bra..I dey pity ur generations yet unborn

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by ocelot2006(m): 10:29am On Apr 11, 2017
Kingsley1000:
.....'m still perplexed how some brainless sycophants and jobless youths from ss/se regions was applauding her for withdraw her looted money while most of them are living in penury with very abysmal standard of living.Bayalsa state is the most underdeveloped state in nigeria,federal government should intervene in this case by confiscating her account and use the money to alleviate the plight of her people

Same way i'm perplexed that jobless, yet "political sophisticated" folks (as they claim), from the SW and the North celebrate the likes of Tinubu, Babangida, and every other crook that looted the coffers of this nation.
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by redsun(m): 10:32am On Apr 11, 2017
She should be in jail.

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by CHukZero: 10:43am On Apr 11, 2017
Kingsley1000:
.....'m still perplexed how some brainless sycophants and jobless youths from ss/se regions was applauding her for withdraw her looted money while most of them are living in penury with very abysmal standard of living.Bayalsa state is the most underdeveloped state in nigeria,federal government should intervene in this case by confiscating her account and use the money to alleviate the plight of her people
Looooool. Shame de catch me on ur behalf. Federal Govt? Hahahahahah imagine FG freezing d account,den later she loses case,FG gets d money,shares it within themselves,You will clap for yoursef for giving a good suggestion I guess.Even they live it or She withdraws it,its just d same,bt d later is better.
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by AntiWailer: 11:38am On Apr 11, 2017
WorldRichest:

Word.

God bless the breast that fed you.
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by Caseless: 11:52am On Apr 11, 2017
Pavore9:
I can imagine her happiness heading to the bank and the English she was "firing" when she was told she couldn't access the money! cheesy

Skye Bank will heave a sigh of relief!
grin grin
Re: Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account by donprinyo(m): 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
Before Internet freedom, many northerners never belived that some people (southerners) can be very rich as business man or woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Sends List Of NDDC Board To Senate / South East APC Presidential Aspirants In Closed-door Meeting / Dele Farotimi: Tinubu Won’t Appoint Ministers That Will Change Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.