Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,153 members, 7,913,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 11:28 PM

Nigerian Teen Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Teen Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools (283 Views)

Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos / Jude Okonkwo Accepted Into All Ivy League School / Nigerian New Jersey Teen Gets Accepted By All 8 Ivy League Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Teen Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools by 247frolicboss(m): 10:12am On Apr 11, 2017
A 17-year-old Nigerian teenager, Jude Okonkwo, based in the United States, has been accepted into the eight Ivy League schools.

Okonkwo’s story comes a week after another Nigerian-born teenager, Ifeoma White-Thorpe, also gained admission into all eight Ivy League schools.

The Chaminade high school student was accepted by Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, the University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University and Yale University.

Speaking with WCBS-880, Okonkwo, said, “It’s a tremendous honour to gain acceptance to all eight Ivy League schools. It’s something I never could have imagined.”

Okonkwo, who wants to study medicine says he is leaning towards Harvard.

“Hospitals were severely impacted by the storm while so many people needed so much help. It motivated me to serve as a summer lifeguard for the disabled after we moved to New York,” he said.

“My parents enrolled me in swimming lessons after seeing the powerful flood waters Katrina brought ashore, and I realised I could use swimming to help people.

“Tragedies occur in everyday life, and I want to be someone who can help a person and their family heal in their times of need.

“Right now, I’m leaning towards Harvard, because I applied there on early action and I’ve had a chance to kind of engage with the community and get a sense of what the school is all about. But I’m still very much open to the other schools and I want to learn more about them.”

SOURCE: http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/04/nigerian-teen-accepted-into-8-ivy.html

cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Education And Real Life Challenges / Maintaining A Positive Mind In A Time Like This / Benefits Of NSE8 Exam Dumps That May Change Your Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.