Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,370 members, 7,978,173 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:07 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon (2280 Views)

We Why Failed To Honour Reps Summon Last Friday - Defence Chief / Reps Summon Adeosun Over N17 Billion ‘office Equipment’ Contract Scam / Reps Summon Magu, Emefiele, Peterside, Over Alleged Stolen $17bn Oil Proceeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by Earth2Metahuman: 11:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
Thieves inviting thief.
Wetin consign me
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:32pm On Apr 11, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
they is no morality in law. If not, why wil a corrupt judge, judge a case.
Why wil a corrupt executive prosecute the legislators and the judge
That means nobody can judge another.
Even buhari, according to you,lack moral to investigate the past leaders, the judiciary and the legislators.
They should go to court
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by Justuceleague2: 11:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Wetin concern me with Sagay?

When did you stop being Jonathan's fan?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by slivertongue: 12:01am On Apr 12, 2017
THE QUALITY OF BEING LEGITIMATE OR VALID; VALIDITY

TonyeBarcanista:
They
don't have the moral legitimacy

I may not like their face and attitude but they are vested with legitimate authority. The legislature is the heart of democracy and we must not because of the shenanigans of the currents office holders destroy the funtionality of an arm of government. if we kill it because of a few rotten eggs in the society we will pay a heavy cost in future.

Alot of countries dont have strong legislature and are suffering the consequence, we should rather through popular action compel them to act right. GEJ should put up a defence, its far better than going to court to obtain a restraining order.

This government, both the legislature and the executive are acting in manners that suggest that they are out to truncate democracy and we must not give them opportunity to return us to dictatorship because what we have today is civilian dictatorship and nothing more
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:36am On Apr 12, 2017
Justuceleague2:

When did you stop being Jonathan's fan?
I'm a PDP person, not aligned with any politician yet (at least for now) 0
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2017
kollynxofodile:
I am a PDP supporter and also a fan of GEJ

But I totally disagree with u

Our Legislative ARM of government is an institution that should b.
Respected by all and sundry
May your days be long sir.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by Okanokan(m): 10:40am On Apr 12, 2017
I completely disagree with you. Your postulation that they have been unable to handle issues of corruption raise against it by its member does not abrogate thier right to summon anybody including the sitting President of the Republic, your response smack of unneccessary emotionalism. Secondly Jonathan set up a template in support of RULE OF LAW by his handing over, he should not go against the precedence by going against constituted authority an action Buharis Government supports. However, there are ways, matter of this nature are handled without bringing the name of the former President to disrepute or public odium, i remember Obasanjo was summoned by Power Committee of the 7th Assembly but the committee had to visit him at Abeokuta as a sign of respect. Let us discourage the lack of respect for our institutions.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by Justuceleague2: 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm a PDP person, not aligned with any politician yet (at least for now) 0

Keep telling yourself that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Clamor For Independence Will End Up To Be Cries Of Siege: Biafra Is Failure / EFCC Files 4-count Charge Against Innoson Motors Owner.see Reactions(pics) / Morgue Worker Arrested After Giving Birth To A Dead Man’s Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.