Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,485 members, 7,920,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:16 PM

Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? (3336 Views)

Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? / Does Marriage Really Mean Settling Down? / Is Marriage Really Based On Love Or Understanding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by johnkaro(m): 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2009
Marriage as it is define in the Bible is the coming together of a man and a woman in order to become one. That is the mathematic of God almighty, that is, one plus one equal to one instead of two in the world context. And of course God Himself institute the marriage institution. Then how can a mortal man like you and i survive in this kind of mysterious institution without the originator? I want to put it before now, Can any marriage be successful without God?
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by Fhemmmy: 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
Nope.
It is like taking care of a car without the manual or without the manufacturer and the problem is that most of marriages has taken God out of the equation, they now result to separated/divorced counselors.
So sad.
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by mamagee3(f): 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2009
You already know the answer before you created this thread. wink
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by Fhemmmy: 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
Lol ^^
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 31, 2009
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by Tudor6(f): 11:22am On Dec 31, 2009
Oh come on! People have been getting married even before abraham.

God didn't invent marriage, WE did. The same way we invented God, religion and politics.

1 Like

Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by r231(m): 11:47am On Dec 31, 2009
Tudór:

Oh come on! People have been getting married even before abraham.

God didn't invent marriage, WE did. The same way we invented God, religion and politics.

ah

@OP
you need favour of God in anything you do expecially marriage both couples needs to be very prayerful i am not saying they have to be born again but at least try to pray together for God's guildance through their journey.
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by Tudor6(f): 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2009
^^
Have you looked at statistics lately? Christians in the US who supposedly married 'in the prescence of God' have the highest divorce rates when compared with other groups.

Tell me, the 'others' who maintain a successful marriage who's prescence did they use in their marriage, gurumarahaji?

The ONLY relevant forces in your marriage are YOU and your PARTNER. These are the only factors needed to make a marriage work. All others are needless distractions.
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by r231(m): 6:01pm On Dec 31, 2009
Tudór:

^^
Have you looked at statistics lately? Christians in the US who supposedly married 'in the prescence of God' have the highest divorce rates when compared with other groups.

Tell me, the 'others' who maintain a successful marriage who's prescence did they use in their marriage, gurumarahaji?

The ONLY relevant forces in your marriage are YOU and your PARTNER. These are the only factors needed to make a marriage work. All others are needless distractions.

lol grin grin grin grin

well dats yankee divorce is very common over there compare to UK at least pple out here still try to move closer to God and work things out among themselves
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by coolier(f): 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2009
undecided
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by SeanT21(f): 4:36am On Jan 01, 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Nothing is successful with GOD
!!
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by lannre(m): 10:41am On Jan 01, 2010
YOU ARE WHAT U think
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by ifyalways(f): 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2010
undecided
Most of our ancestors enjoyed the best of marriage and they were all into TRs.
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by Tudor6(f): 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2010
What is a TR?
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by Outstrip(f): 9:34pm On Jan 02, 2010
If you follow the marriage the way God intended then you should be divorce proof. However I am sure that there are atheists out there that have loving happy marriages
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 03, 2010
@post
god has absolutely nothing to do with success in marriages or not!
if god had a hand in it then all christian/muslim etc marriages would be successful (and we all know that aint so)

people as individuals are the reason why some marriage succeed while others fail.

i am sure there are zillions of people who dont believe in god who have been happily married.
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by English1(f): 12:40am On Jan 04, 2010
My 'godless' parents have just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary and are as happy as ever. They have 4 kids, 13 grandchildren, and 13 great-grandchildren (so far!)

Would you say that is a successful marriage?
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by Nobody: 4:50am On Jan 04, 2010
not everything has to be spiritualized.

there are countless successful marriages among non-Christians.

marriage is first and foremost hard work, and a lot depends on the couple's personal individual ethic (or lack of one, regardless of religion).
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by ifyalways(f): 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2010
Tudór:

What is a TR?
Traditional religion smiley
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by echobee(f): 11:53am On Jan 05, 2010
marriage can never success ed without God
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 05, 2010
tpia.:

marriage is first and foremost hard work, and a lot depends on the couple's personal individual ethic (or lack of one, regardless of religion).

I can't believe this. Tpia has made sense for the first time ever on NL! shocked shocked shocked shocked I thought the world was going to end in 2012!!!!
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by agathamari(f): 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2010
first you have to determin are you speaking god as in any god from any religion or only the christian god? marriage is fond all over the world in ever religion so the christian god being neccessary i would say no. marriage can be found in god-less religions as well so again i say no. the idea of a successful marriage is based on morals and love neither of which are exclusive to religion of any kind. here are countries where organized god based religions make up the minority while the country has a very low divorce/failed marriage (extra marital affairs) while other countries are "christian" and have a fairly high divorce/failed marriage rate
Re: Can Any Marriage Really Be Successful Without God In It? by johnkaro(m): 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2010
Quote from: tpia. on January 04, 2010, 04:50 AM

marriage is first and foremost hard work, and a lot depends on the couple's personal individual ethic (or lack of one, regardless of religion)

tpia you correct by saying that, "everything should not be spiritualised". but one thing you must know about human is this, 'man is made up of the body, soul and the spirit' and out of this three, the spirit is the most important because that is what link you with your creator. so if that is correct then how can you be successful without it in your marriage without that aspect?

Think about it ! wish you the best

(1) (Reply)

I Like Sleeping With My Hubby But He Snores,please Help Me / I Need Your Matured Advise. / See This Shocking Marriage Between A Young Man And His Lady (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.