Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,913 members, 7,902,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 08:31 PM

Fake Seeds Sold On Aliexpress - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fake Seeds Sold On Aliexpress (1758 Views)

I Need Cucumber Seeds MURANO 2 F1 / Maize Seeds Needed / Seedworld For All Your Hybrid Seeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Seeds Sold On Aliexpress by snipesdam(m): 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
Guys be careful when order for seeds on Aliexpress. Those sellers can just package fake seeds for you or a look alike seed.

I bought blueberry seeds, some sought of dwarf apple variety seeds, tomatoes seeds, pepper seeds chili and Cabbage. All was package was delivered while I picked up my @ nipost.

Am going to lay emphasis on the blueberry and dwarf apple seeds. These things are cheap so just to experiment to know if one gets lucky enough for the seeds to grow. Yes the blueberry seeds grew right now they have flowered and seeds produced while I have uprooted them and thrown away.

The first image below shows you what I bought and what grew up to be some sought of unwanted plant that flowered in 90days and seeds produced. While the main blueberry seed takes 1 to 2 years to produce. I had to bring out flowers shake them on my palm to see the tiny seeds that came out same as the one sent. These Aliexpress sellers are scammers ripping people off small dollars.

The dwarf apple seed... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed I no fit talk. They sent a huge nut very hard like palm kernel. I later Google to find out I was sent a Chinese wallnut seed plant. Not to talk of cucumber seed that I add to the stuffs I bought. Na one leguminous plant like that is not cucumber.

Guys be careful. Just want to my experience.

Re: Fake Seeds Sold On Aliexpress by SUPERPACK: 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2017
hm
Re: Fake Seeds Sold On Aliexpress by ouigy99(m): 8:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
Mind what you buy from them.... I do not trust them with seedlings cause apart from sending fake they might send all these the genetically modified variants which could be dangerous for human consumption.

One trick though, I read reviews of others that might have bought from them to know how their experience was.

Sorry for tour loss, it's an experience that will give you wisdom for future transactions
Re: Fake Seeds Sold On Aliexpress by Seun(m): 9:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
Sorry bro.
Re: Fake Seeds Sold On Aliexpress by Trueigbo: 11:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ndo bro
Re: Fake Seeds Sold On Aliexpress by Seun(m): 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2017
What's the best place to buy seeds from?
Re: Fake Seeds Sold On Aliexpress by snipesdam(m): 3:42pm On Apr 13, 2017
Seun:
What's the best place to buy seeds from?

I think the best place is to buy from distributors of this company http://www.technisem.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See What I Saw In My Mom's Kitchen This Morning. / Feasibility Study And Business Plan On Agro-allied And Agro-processing / N350k Per Acre Virgin Farmland For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.