Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,855 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:12 AM

Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War (70461 Views)

Yakubu Gowon: Why I Detained Soyinka During The Civil War / Olusegun Obasanjo Wrapped Batik In Aba During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) / Reno Omokri Locates Victim Of Onitsha Fire Outbreak, Makes Donation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 13, 2017
Yyeske:
Onitsha was leveled during the war but just imagine the dynamic city today, I even guess locations in those pictures are mainly Odoakpu area i.e New market road, Ose, Marine, main market etc but see how big the city has grown with no federal help.
Igbo amaka

No Federal help?....you have brain trauma, trust me....
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by Jaguntemmy(m): 11:08am On Apr 13, 2017
ThugCheetah:
As a Yoruba Muslim, I must confess this thread is not really good for my health angry

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 11:08am On Apr 13, 2017
Onitsha today

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 11:12am On Apr 13, 2017
Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 11:15am On Apr 13, 2017
0nitsha city of great men and women

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 11:20am On Apr 13, 2017
Onitsha

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by ExpiredNigeria: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2017
Yinka93:
I'm not an igbo and definitely not from the east but I'm of the opinion THAT EVERYTHING DONE TO THE EAST WAS A CRIME DURING THAT CIVIL WAR. God have mercy on this country

God will bless you more

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by NwaforIgbo: 11:24am On Apr 13, 2017
Observe that the 1st Niger Bridge was a suspension bridge, and yet fashola was claiming that the one in Lagos was the first suspension bridge in West Africa

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by kernel501: 11:24am On Apr 13, 2017
kevoh:
Apart from the pictures with that Volkswagen beetle and Yellow bus, I don't see much difference when compared to present day Nigeria. undecided undecided Take the pictures with markets as example. Present day Nigerian market, still looks same way or even worse.

Am sorry for your pain

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 11:25am On Apr 13, 2017
Onitsha host 24 markets, biggest among all is Onitsha main market

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 11:31am On Apr 13, 2017
Onitsha central business district

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by loopmongoat: 11:32am On Apr 13, 2017
Why are there no old pictures of Enugu Owerri before the war
I have seen old Onitsha pictures Lagos pictures
Does it mean that Enugu people don't have archives
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by loopmongoat: 11:33am On Apr 13, 2017
NwaforIgbo:
Observe that the 1st Niger Bridge was a suspension bridge, and yet fashola was claiming that the one in Lagos was the first suspension bridge in West Africa
Are you minding that media hype that cannot boast of a megawatt of power

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by NwaforIgbo: 11:34am On Apr 13, 2017
lebete3000:

"No Federal help" ds is the problem I haave with Igbos, most of them suffer from Grandiose Delusions. So you mean d FG doesn't share you bailout funds or they don't give yall monthly allocations. And once you tell them d truth you become an enemy and dy tag you dr most beloved title- Afonja! The SW would have loved to partner with the SE to conquer the North but we know they're just a set of vainglorious, chest-thumping, infantile and lousy set of people. That's why we manage to be comfortable with the North. Even d SS guys can't cope with the SE. Countries dat are far more developed are still very courteous & welcoming but make igbo do one tin wey be sey na copycat sef, the whole world no go hear word again. I wonder wetin go happen d day Igboman produce nuclear bomb, dem go sey dr lineage dey related to Jesus Christ & Albert Einstein. The Igbos have a big psychological problem and dy don't know it. I really wish Nigeria grants dem dr freedom. I'm very sure they won't last 10yrs b4 dy wipe themselves off and dat will be good riddance as d rest of us will just stroll in and Nigeria go hear word once more.

So u mean we should not celebrate what we achieve again? Was Albert Einstein not celebrated as the founding father of Physics and etc?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 11:34am On Apr 13, 2017
Great city

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by kevoh(m): 11:34am On Apr 13, 2017
kernel501:

Am sorry for your pain
undecided undecided what pain is this one talking about?
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 11:39am On Apr 13, 2017
Onitsha and sub host best hospitals

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by youngsahito(m): 11:41am On Apr 13, 2017
Davash222:

Beautiful is understatement.. No brown roof. Serene environment. Igbos are blessed truly.
why can't u stay in ur bushy town where there is no brown roof.who Onitsha help?
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 11:42am On Apr 13, 2017
Hospital in Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2017
M

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 11:47am On Apr 13, 2017
Hospital in Onitsha

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by ak47mann(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2017
opal4real:
DESPITE THE WAR...DESPITE THE BOMBARDMENT....DESPITE THE 25POUNDS....DESPITE THE MINIMAL FEDERAL PRESENCE....DESPITE THE ALMOST ZERO FEDERAL ALLOCATION...DESPITE THE MARGINALIZATION.....

LIKE AIR...ONITSHA ROSE FROM NOTHING TO SOMETHING.....
from ashy to classy cool

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 11:50am On Apr 13, 2017
Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by lebete3000: 11:52am On Apr 13, 2017
NwaforIgbo:

So u mean we should not celebrate what we achieve again? Was Albert Einstein not celebrated as the founding father of Physics and etc?

So your definition of celebration includes rubbing it in other people's faces and inciting more hatred 4yourselves?

Okay...Kontinuu. Una go tey 4ds Zoo.

Only the SW can deliver yall from d chains of ds Zoo Republic, for as long as yall continue to be delusional about your status and look down on other tribes the SW will continue to serve those who are hospitable & humble(North) while d SS will continue to be skeptical about yall and the North will continue to thrive and rule us all capitalizing on our weakness in d South which is our DISUNITY. Just continue fooling yourselves. I pray it won't be long b4 yall grasp this truth as FFK wrote in his recent article.

https://www.nairaland.com/3737347/seven-fold-yoke-cabal-own-nigeria-ffk

A very insightful read.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 11:54am On Apr 13, 2017
Onitsha city

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by kenralph(m): 11:58am On Apr 13, 2017
Bollinger:

What are you saying? Why you mumu like this na? Yes Germany had to get loans and funds from different countries to build up the country. Nigeria has gotten loans and funds from different countries as well. Plus, from the world bank, IMF, and it even has oil. What have they done with it? Germany built up it's country to what it is today and more importantly, are able to maintain it. Nigeria cannot even maintain a university hostel's toilet. Think before you post rubbish.

Took time to follow all you posted on this topic and left with no other choice than to say you're indeed the caveman you were already called. Who on earth doesn't know that Nigeria and Africa in general have leadership issues that dates back to time immemorial.
Comparing Onitsha to German cities is nothing short of madness. Your argument was that Germany was razed during WW2(1939-1945) just like the city of Onitsha during the Nigeria-Biafra civil war that ended in 1970. Elementary maths will tell you that they had a head start of about 25 years over Nigeria (and onitsha by implication) in terms of rebuilding and healing the wounds of war.
I'm sure most 25yr olds in your town have 2-3 hunger stricken wives and children to feed.

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by lebete3000: 11:58am On Apr 13, 2017
NwaforIgbo:

If d North decides to split from d South 2day it will be done in a twinkle of an eye, why? The answer is simple- UNITY.

If you stay in d North for just a month you'll know that there's nothing like NW; NE & NC. There's only one geopolitical zone-the NORTH. But here you'll be seeing different names like SW; SE; SS; Delta Igbo; Ijaw etc. And you expect to conquer THE UNITED NORTH? Tell me when you wake up from your trance.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by AmericanQuarter: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2017
Onitsha

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by FKO81(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2017
100% residential buildings in Onitsha are owned by Igbos

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by asokid(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2017
e don tey wey naija dey hawk things shaa
Re: Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War by lebete3000: 12:01pm On Apr 13, 2017
Unimaginable123:
hatred is a disease of the heart. Keep hating us, we keep moving ahead of you.

This one has added Paranoia to his delusion of Grandiosity.

Diagnosis- Grandiose+Paranoid Delusion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Police Repel Attack, Kill 8 Unknown Gunmen In Imo State (Graphic Pics) / Orlu Is Not Oyigbo - Nnamdi Kanu Hails His Boys / FG Proposes N24,000 Minimum Wage; States N20,000; NLC Wants N30,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.