Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,120 members, 7,973,775 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:24 AM

Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House (7822 Views)

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Cecilia Ibru Turns Evangelist, Relocates To Her Village / Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by Matin: 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2009
Thunder fire dem! Now i know there is no hope. Politicians are bad, Technocracts are worse. Who exactly will salvage this country? angry angry
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by aganaboos1: 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2009
Please nobody should talk about born-again here.Cecilia Ibru is a thief just like Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab is an underpants bomber.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by MrCrackles(m): 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2009
aganaboos1:

Please nobody should talk about born-again here.Cecilia Ibru is a thief just like Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab is an underpants bomber.
grin grin grin
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by kokoA(m): 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2009
Matin:

Who exactly will salvage this country? angry angry

Boko haram grin
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by MrCrackles(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2009
kokoA:

Boko haram grin
Or Maitatsine Or Mend. . . grin
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by vigasimple(m): 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2009
And some foolish people are saying

SOLUDO IS THE SOLUTION in Anambra, when he was wining and dining with thieves and fraudstaers when he suppossed to be regulating this bank thieves.

SOLUDO also should be in jail rather than contesting with 'ill gotten' money for the governorship of Anambra. I wonder why Sanusi Lamido is not making a strong report to NASS and Presidency about his predecessor big failures in regulation oversight.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by Matin: 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2009
aganaboos1:

What wouldve been ur reaction if the news had been:" The son of a former bank chief(Farouk) detonated a bomb in a a party organized by Bank executives for his Dad"? That may be sa grin ;salvaging, grin
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by Babaunited(m): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2009
Haba, The IBRU woman and all the rest of the capitalist clan in Nigeria should be shot!

One single bullet to the head each. She is simply mad, OLE. Thief

And Soludo was there too sharing and wining the loot with all of them,  Akingbola, Ibru, Atuche etc

Until Nigeria is cleansed like what Rawlings did in Ghana, we will continue to rot in poverty and corruption.

Holy Spirit ko,  Chelsea gin ni,  grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by ReachRich(m): 3:49pm On Dec 31, 2009
First it was 28 houses in Dubai & now a wooping sum of N225m just for house rent alone.Meeehn,this lady should be made to vomit all that she has stolen & be jailed for life.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2009
When i read stories like this i feel bad for nigeria, it has really gone a long way away from salvaging, even an unborn child is corrupt.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by Keegan: 4:02pm On Dec 31, 2009
I keep imagining if real hard work and honesty can take anyone to greatness in this country, I’m getting tire and discourage. One needs a break.

2 Likes

Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by JazzyPhizzle: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2009
I am waiting for the revelations for Intercontinrntal Bank. Pastor Akingbola has claimed that he is free from any wrongdoing. We need to be sure that the preachings and culture of the Redeemed Church guided him all along the way!

1 Like

Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by kushe: 5:26pm On Dec 31, 2009
the bible says a good name is better than many riches and if all these allegations are true,madam ibru definitely never saw that verse in her own bible and if she read it,she never did understand it.the ibrus no doubt are a very wealthy clan going as far back as the late 60s but fast forward a few decades and a new wife for the family patriarch and what do you get. DISASTER!

I wonder if her sons will still flaunt their privileged pedigree after all these revelations.na waa for naija ooooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by kaypinchi(m): 5:28pm On Dec 31, 2009
Nigeria we hail thee, Our home and native land,
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by ibedun: 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2009
Kai - where was the holy spirit or spirits when all these stealing were going on?

You see in Nigeria, almost every individual suffers from a kind of delusion of grandeur. Just look around you - the pretence, the fake life, the unnecessary waste of money and resources in the name of being "class", building humongous worthless empty mansions, driving cars that are seriously uneconomical and logic defying. Leaders and officials travelling every second on unwarranted first class flights around the world (london to lagos offers first class at £8000 return - madness for a 6 hour journey to a wretched country and people). Unneccesary stupid stuff. A one-room dweller throwing owambe type of party when he runs into a useful little amount of money. Hungry men and women parading the streets with unneccesarily expensive mobile phones etc etc. clad in the best TM Lewins. Stupid people who are we deceiving? Ourselves!!!

This is the mindset that creates our so called leaders. 

People trooping to silly useless churches - worshiping a dead God forgeting as well that they are already in HELL - cause thats what Nigeria is.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:59pm On Dec 31, 2009
The only solution is to kill all the poor people, so the corruption won't look so unbalanced. grin
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by bencobenz(m): 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2009
Thats a chicken change compare to over N7billion budgeted for "his excellency" residence. cool
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by kushe: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2009
we are really good at analysing stuff in naija,but when are we going to do something about it?? can you see what is happening in iran, that is what we need.a persistent confrontation with this mediocre r.e.t.a.r.d.s that call themselves leaders.

now i have accepted that the only consolation for naija is the impending judgement from God and i guess that is more than enough to deal with this people.

1 Like

Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by Nizoral(f): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2009
@ibedun and rest wat has the holy spirit got to do with dis now eh and it is you muslims dat worship a dead god in ur useless mosques
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by Nizoral(f): 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2009
Oh God save my country from the hand of these looters. Into your hands i commit naija.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by chuxy12(m): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2009
@ tudors
checkd out ur profile. you are really loaded. really loaded!! shocked shocked shocked

we lack real models we can look up to and aspire to be like
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by ddiamond(f): 7:39pm On Dec 31, 2009
pure wicked heart woman, kai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! naija woman for that matter.
embarassed
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by Abeem(m): 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2009
It is very sad but it is a true reflection of the level of corruption and the lack of values, ethics and moral rectitude which has permeated the entire fabric of the nation. The point I am making is that almost all folks, with the exception of a minority, will do the same, given the same opportunity and power as Cecilia Ibru once wielded. If you disprove, look at this roll-call of professions in Nigeria, find where you belong, and tell the world that the profession or vocation is not tainted by one form of corruption or the other:
Civil servants, bankers, teachers, custom officers, postal workers, smugglers, immigration officers, SSS, police rank and file, journalists (brown envelope pushers), stock exchange dealers, bureau de change operators, micro finance lenders, EFCC operatives, judges (i.e. Awokulehin & Co), justices, INEC (chairman, resident commissioners and ground workers) political god-fathers, local government chairmen, local government councilors, senators, representatives in both national and state assemblies, senate president, speakers (the states and NASS), lawyers, soldiers and army officers, gas station attendants, mechanics, bus conductors and drivers, lecturers, VCs, pastors, alfas, president, ministers, politicians, governors, commissioners, presidential advisers, students, kidnappers, armed robbers, NNPC staff, market men and women whether at Oshodi or Alaba or whatever, chemists, drug barons, drug pushers, drug manufacturers (especially my pikin manufacturers), credit card fraudsters, ATM fraudsters, pure water dealers, and many others.

Corruption is evil. It is responsible for our battered image as a country internationally. We all must look into the mirror and change our ways. It is not sufficient to castigate one person. It is collective guilt.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by kaypinchi(m): 7:51pm On Dec 31, 2009
ibedun:

Kai - where was the holy spirit or spirits when all these stealing were going on?

You see in Nigeria, almost every individual suffers from a kind of delusion of grandeur. Just look around you - the pretence, the fake life, the unnecessary waste of money and resources in the name of being "class", building humongous worthless empty mansions, driving cars that are seriously uneconomical and logic defying. Leaders and officials travelling every second on unwarranted first class flights around the world (london to lagos offers first class at £8000 return - madness for a 6 hour journey to a wretched country and people). Unneccesary silly stuff. A one-room dweller throwing owambe type of party when he runs into a useful little amount of money. Hungry men and women parading the streets with unneccesarily expensive mobile phones etc etc. clad in the best TM Lewins. silly people who are we deceiving? Ourselves!!!

This is the mindset that creates our so called leaders. 

People trooping to silly useless churches - worshiping a dead God forgeting as well that they are already in HELL - cause thats what Nigeria is.

Guy!, you harsh o! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by kayality: 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2009
Nizoral:

@ibedun and rest wat has the holy spirit got to do with dis now eh and it is you muslims dat worship a dead god in your useless mosques

wat mosque is doing where, when both Muslim and christen leader are looting people money and killing people because of post, then tell is that what Quran and Bible ask then to do
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by Matin: 9:24pm On Dec 31, 2009
Abeem:

It is very sad but it is a true reflection of the level of corruption and the lack of values, ethics and moral rectitude which has permeated the entire fabric of the nation. The point I am making is that almost all folks, with the exception of a minority, will do the same, given the same opportunity and power as Cecilia Ibru once wielded. If you disprove, look at this roll-call of professions in Nigeria, find where you belong, and tell the world that the profession or vocation is not tainted by one form of corruption or the other:
Civil servants, bankers, teachers, custom officers, postal workers, smugglers, immigration officers, SSS, police rank and file, journalists (brown envelope pushers), stock exchange dealers, bureau de change operators, micro finance lenders, EFCC operatives, judges (i.e. Awokulehin & Co), justices, INEC (chairman, resident commissioners and ground workers) political god-fathers, local government chairmen, local government councilors, senators, representatives in both national and state assemblies, senate president, speakers (the states and NASS), lawyers, soldiers and army officers, gas station attendants, mechanics, bus conductors and drivers, lecturers, VCs, pastors, alfas, president, ministers, politicians, governors, commissioners, presidential advisers, students, kidnappers, armed robbers, NNPC staff, market men and women whether at Oshodi or Alaba or whatever, chemists, drug barons, drug pushers, drug manufacturers (especially my pikin manufacturers), credit card fraudsters, ATM fraudsters, pure water dealers, and many others.

Corruption is evil. It is responsible for our battered image as a country internationally. We all must look into the mirror and change our ways. It is not sufficient to castigate one person. It is collective guilt.

GBAM! sad EVERY POT IN NIGERIA CALLS KETTLE BLACK. HYPOCRITE LOTS! THATS THE ROOT OF THE MATTER AND THATS WHERE TO START. SELF EVALUATION AND APPROPRIATE ADJUSTMENT IS THE KEY. WE DON TALK WE OWN OOO angry lipsrsealed
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by vislabraye(m): 9:36pm On Dec 31, 2009
OH, I thought Sanusi was victimizing her,

Was it not Sanusi that made her steal I mean mismanage ?

Ibru comes from a rich family after all they own properties before she came to Oceanic. This woman is a very fantastic banker. Oceanic has won the bank of the year twice, and it keeps waxing strong until Sanusi came on board. Cecilia her self is a phenomenal woman; she came from the kitchen to a successful banker. She had to sacrifice her marriage for the growth of the bank and now Sanusi has taken it from her.

This industrious woman, the doyen of the bank has appeared on some many talk show ( esp. moments with mo, she and Dora on how women could be entrepreneurs ).
She hosted the pepsi football challenge and many others, grin grin
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by fatai2: 10:10pm On Dec 31, 2009
Nairalanders,

Pls is there any one with full address of Cecilia`s daughter? am single & seriously searching for wife!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by oge4real(f): 12:46am On Jan 01, 2010
Ceicilia is a thief o, a thief o
Cecilia is a thief o
Ajanbere!
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by reindeer: 1:34am On Jan 01, 2010
Holy molly! shocked
These people are worse than thieves, they are wicked inhuman monsters!
How can you steal so much in a country where most people live under $2 a day?
Its so unfair, what will she do with all that money?shes wasnt poor so we can say she stole out of need, what exactly is wrong with her?
All these huge sums can feed millions of nigerians, had it been given out to nigerians with ideas hoping to start businesses as soft loans.
These people(akingbola, ibru et all)are enemies of the state and should be tried for crimes against humanity!period! angry

1 Like

Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by mbulela: 5:57am On Jan 01, 2010
the Nigerian banking industry needs a total cleansing.
i guess the bad days have just begun.
Sanusi might have been tactless but he said the truth all the same - these crooks ought to be shot,walahi.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=373153.msg5209608#msg5209608
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by Mekusxyz: 6:00am On Jan 01, 2010
Thank God I did not ''fall mugu'' for this one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mallam Adnan Ibrahim,Al-qaeda Boss In West Africa Lives In Kano / Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day / Militancy Deprived Nigeria Of $100bn In 2016 –kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.