Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,402 members, 7,891,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:34 PM

Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In (1090 Views)

Advice To Muslim Singles / Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by badboym: 11:51am On Dec 31, 2009
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by jcross22: 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2009
I DO NOT HAVE MUCH TO SAY TO YOU BUT READ THIS VERSE IN THE BIBLE mathew24: 24 “For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by AbuZola3(m): 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2009
It is referring to ur church pastor, swallow the pride
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by justmoore: 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2009
You are welcome! only you know WHY, Its your life and nobody will choose your life for you. May almighty Allah forgive all your sins. Allan wasalam
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by badboym: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2009
@Jcross , You don't have a say here.Who are the false prophets that will possibly come up with this?Are you envious cos the miracles in Christianity are only those premeditated and arranged?Come to think of it,why are there different bibles and the holy Quran is just one ? I feel so sorry for Christians.
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by deols(f): 1:20pm On Jan 01, 2010
welcome brother, may Allahmake it easy for you
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by hymen(f): 9:53pm On Jan 01, 2010
deols:

welcome brother, may Allahmake it easy for you
Amin. And may you not be brainwashed to blow up yourself for a cause you have no part in. cheesy
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by Lagosboy: 11:16pm On Jan 01, 2010
@Poster

May Allah fill your heart with his light, may illuminate your mind ,purify your soul and strengthen your belief. May he plant your feet firm on this path of felicity and increae you in knowledge with a blessed divine understanding of his words.

To all, please this is just a sign and nothing more, otherwise muslims should have mounted an unprecedented propaganda in the whole media with such signs. We have hundreds of such signs in the world from Russhia to Germany to Africa and beyond. However the greatest miracle and sign is still the qur'an. You are entitled to your beliefs if you arent muslim and there is no issue about that in the least but try to open your heart and understand the faith of islam beyond the terrorism news sung everyday. Some folks did and that is why thousands of americans and europeans convert to islam every year since 9/11 , before 9/11 it was significantly lower than that. I personally know tens and tens of converts in the UK trooping into islam every week.

May our Creator guide us all
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by AbuZola3(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2010
Here comes hymen, the daughter of the jewish crucificted carpental, huh
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by hymen(f): 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2010
Lagosboy:

To all, please this is just a sign and nothing more, otherwise muslims should have mounted an unprecedented propaganda in the whole media with such signs. We have hundreds of such signs in the world from Russhia to Germany to Africa and beyond. However the greatest miracle and sign is still the qur'an. You are entitled to your beliefs if you arent muslim and there is no issue about that in the least but try to open your heart and understand the faith of islam beyond the terrorism news sung everyday. Some folks did and that is why thousands of americans and europeans convert to islam every year since 9/11 , before 9/11 it was significantly lower than that. I personally know tens and tens of converts in the UK trooping into islam every week.
I really mean this from the bottom of my heart,if indeed this is how you are and not Al Taqqiya,then indeed we have very reasonable people in Islam in nigeria & I will be more open minded from now on. Well done bro. . . wink

Abu Zola:

Here comes hymen, the daughter of the jewish crucificted carpental, huh
One can hardly differentiate between the semi-literate Abuzola(can't even spell crucified,carpenter etc) and uncle olabowale nowadays. But thank Allah for Lagosboy,a shinning light ,in this difficult period for muslims.
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by AbuZola3(m): 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2010
Hahaha, and what makes you think jesus was crucified, he died and died forever meaning he was crucificted. Oh Daughter of the crucificted carpenter gay
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by hymen(f): 11:32pm On Jan 01, 2010
Abu Zola:

Hahaha, and what makes you think jesus was crucified, he died and died forever meaning he was crucificted. Oh Daughter of the crucificted carpenter gay
I won't waste my time with you until your grammar improves . . .sorry.
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by AbuZola3(m): 11:35pm On Jan 01, 2010
Lol, zoom off jwo
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by Lagosboy: 11:48pm On Jan 01, 2010
hymen:

I really mean this from the bottom of my heart,if indeed this is how you are and not Al Taqqiya,then indeed we have very reasonable people in Islam in nigeria & I will be more open minded from now on. Well done bro. . . wink

Thanks for the comments sis but honestly the concept of al taqqiya doesnt exist in our faith, it was a priniciple a section of the shia used to use when faced with environments they could not express their faith. It has little do with our faith. Muslims are meant to be truthful people and we are not meant to lie even when joking.

It is a shame al taqiya has been blown out of proportion to mean "muslism deception" by some non muslims for reasons best known to them.

You could come on the "curious about islam" thread and participate in the discussions, we could by the will of God get closer to some truths and enlightnment about the faith of islam beyond the usual bashing and insluts on NL
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by MUNEER2(m): 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2010
Abu Zola:

grin grin grin
Please my brother, teach him what he doesn't know grin grin grin

hymen:

I won't waste my time with you until your grammar improves . . .sorry.
Mr Professor, it's quite obvious why you are like this, you won't simply want to learn anything outside what your pastor has fed you with. . . I pity you!

Abu Zola:

Lol, zoom off jwo

You just know how to reply this people so well. . . May Allah increase you in wisdom wink
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by Lagosboy: 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2010
We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their ownselves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Qur'ân) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things

Q41 v 53
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by muhsin(m): 12:33pm On Jan 27, 2010
Lagosboy:

@Poster

May Allah fill your heart with his light, may illuminate your mind ,purify your soul and strengthen your belief. May he plant your feet firm on this path of felicity and increae you in knowledge with a blessed divine understanding of his words.

Amin summa amin.
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by TrueSeeker(m): 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2010
But Koran does not support miracles.

“We refrain from sending Signs, only because men of former years treated them as false.” (Sura 17:59, Ali)

That means any form of signs or miracles can not come from Allah since he has refrained himself from sending signs.
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by muhsin(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2010
TrueSeeker:

But Koran does not support miracles.

“We refrain from sending Signs, only because men of former years treated them as false.” (Sura 17:59, Ali)

That means any form of signs or miracles can not come from Allah since he has refrained himself from sending signs.

Thats your "understanding". But the Qur'an is itself a miracle that'll last forever.
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by karo93: 7:26am On Feb 03, 2010
Thats your "understanding". But the Qur'an is itself a miracle that'll last forever.

explain how the qur'an is a miracle
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by muhsin(m): 1:57pm On Feb 03, 2010
You are definitely new to NL or ISlam for Muslim child-board.

Any way, Qur'an's inimitability alone makes it a great miracle of earth.
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by karo93: 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2010
Is there any religious book that is imitated and lest you forget a lot of stories in the qur'an are in the jewish bible and the old testament of the christians' so explain yourself more!
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by muhsin(m): 2:25pm On Feb 03, 2010
Hmm. . .

--There are bibles in this world, as you might have known, but how many Qur'ans do we have? One of course, right?

--Are the stories the same in all shapes? For a typical example, bible is so much explicit on sex, incest, gay, alcohol, etc but Qur'an is not that, not that at all.

--Above aside, Muslims believe that all those books were revealed by the same One True God, i.e. Allah in Arabic. So the stories must be the same--unless where they are changed in interpolated bibles.

Am in a much hurry now. But next time, inshaAllah.

NB:

This OP/thread is not talking about that, which mean we are virtually derailing it. Wouldn't you rather check-up archive or open a fresh thread on that? You'll be duly attended to, inshaAllah, by me or another Muslim bros/sis. Thanks.
Re: Am A Christian Converted To Muslim.wanna Know Why? Come In by mazaje(m): 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2010
muhsin:

--Are the stories the same in all shapes? For a typical example, bible is so much explicit on intimacy, incest, gay, alcohol, etc but Qur'an is not that, not that at all.

So the Koran is better than the bible because the bible talks about intimacy and gays? . . . . . .I thought the haddith talks about the intimacy.u.a.l escapades of the prophet mohammed?

--Above aside, Muslims believe that all those books were revealed by the same One True God, i.e. Allah in Arabic. So the stories must be the same--unless where they are changed in interpolated bibles.

OK the Moslem beliefs are VERY WRONG because Yahweh of the Jews is not the same as Allah of the Koran. . .Mohammed stole the Jewish stories from the torah nothing more. . . . .

(1) (Reply)

The Status Of Imam Ali (as) With Rasulullah Prophet Muhammad (s) / Muhammad Was The Greatest Prophet / Is Allah The Name Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.