Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,896 members, 7,876,409 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" (12397 Views)

Obiano Inspects Anambra Airport Dual-Carriage Way Road (Photos) / Anambra-China Airport Project To Resume As Ambassador Promises Govt Intervention / Obiano Begins $2b Airport Project In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by nonsobaba: 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

And this is precisely what I mean. It's clear that for many people, the only value in the worthless project is in the ability to brag like playground kids that their state has an airport, irrespective of the strategic value, air traffic and ability to maintain it.

And Anambra is my state. i don't need the permission of internet keyboard warriors to dictate what concerns me or not. If my opinion offends you, kindly jump off the nearest bridge. cool
Lol

Every wawa man is now from anambra state just because we want to finally build our own airport.

I knew that the commencement of the anambra airport project will give your wawa mgbeke skulls sleepless nights as the countdown to the death of your overrated airport in enugu begins.
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by AgentSmith001: 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2017
chino take it easy biko
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Igboesika: 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
nonsobaba:
Lol

Every wawa man is now from anambra state just because we want to finally build our own airport.

I knew that the commencement of the anambra airport project will give your wawa mgbeke skulls sleepless nights as the countdown to the death of your overrated airport in enugu begins.
Can you stop this pls
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by nonsobaba: 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2017
Igboesika:

Can you stop this pls
No, i can't. Nobody can stop the anambra international airport project that will eventually lead to the demise of your overrated airport in enugu. Wawa laziness will no longer be cloaked by anambra's industry. Everyone must answer his father's name.
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Igboesika: 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
nonsobaba:
No, i can't. Nobody can stop the anambra international airport project that will eventually lead to the demise of your overrated airport in enugu. Wawa laziness will no longer be cloaked by anambra's industry. Everyone must answer his father's name.
smh
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by BigIyanga: 12:00am On Apr 15, 2017
Ofodirinwa:

Airports in Atlanta
Commercial
Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) Atlanta

Covington Municipal Airport (9A1) Covington
DeKalb-Peachtree Airport (PDK) Chamblee
Fulton County Airport / Charlie Brown Field (FTY) [West] Atlanta
Cobb County Airport / McCollum Field (RYY) Kennesaw
Gwinnett County Airport / Briscoe Field (LZU) Lawrenceville
Cartersville Airport (VPC) Cartersville
Newnan-Coweta County Airport (CCO) Newnan
Cherokee County Airport (CNI, former 47A) Canton / Ball Ground
Paulding Northwest Atlanta Airport (PUJ) Dallas
Atlanta South Regional Airport (4A7) Hampton
(former Henry County Airport / Morris Field)
Atlanta Regional Airport / Falcon Field (FFC) Peachtree City

Consider this, what percentage of people in Georgia to long distance travel on a regular basis? Compare that to the percentage of people in Atlanta or even Georgia that do the same? The way an Anambran flies is to the same as an American, even with that being said, Atlanta as a city has more airports than the (zoo) country of Nigeria
See how u tactically avoided GDP comparison between state of Georgia with Anambra. Georgia gdp is about $500bn with 11m people while Anambra has less than $7bn with less than 5m people. Notice that there is only one intl aiport listed in your post. That aiport serves as cargo and passenger hub, but Anambra wants to build only cargo for N800bn when Benue is building one at N38bn...
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Schematics: 6:32am On Apr 15, 2017
I wonder why you are so much interested in Anambra airport? You are not even from Anambra.

Now lemme enlighten you bitter element. Anambra airport will come with an international cargo facilities. It is being built to accommodate ATK refuelling by Orient petroleum. It is not just an airport but an aerotropolis, if you know what that means. Above all it is a PPP project.

Leave Anambra matter alone and focus on your state for goodness sake.

[s]
BigIyanga:

See how u tactically avoided GDP comparison between state of Georgia with Anambra. Georgia gdp is about $500bn with 11m people while Anambra has less than $7bn with less than 5m people. Notice that there is only one intl aiport listed in your post. That aiport serves as cargo and passenger hub, but Anambra wants to build only cargo for N800bn when Benue is building one at N38bn...
[/s]

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by kherington: 9:22am On Apr 15, 2017
Schematics:
I wonder why you are so much interested in Anambra airport? You are not even from Anambra.

Now lemme enlighten you bitter element. Anambra is will come with international cargo. It is being built to accomodate refuelling ATK refuelling by Orient petroleum. It is not just an airport but an aerotropolis, if you know what that means. Above all it is a PPP project.

[s][/s]
shino you are not from anambra go and promote your state imo your help is much more needed in imo

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by BigIyanga: 2:52pm On Apr 15, 2017
Schematics:

Now lemme enlighten you bitter element. Anambra airport will come with an international cargo facilities. It is being built to accommodate ATK refuelling by Orient petroleum. It is not just an airport but an aerotropolis, if you know what that means. Above all it is a PPP project.

[s][/s]
Who made political jobbers like you census official to determine where someone is from. I have listed these facts for for you.

1:The fact that it's a PPP venture
makes it worse cos Anambra is paying $100m=40bn...35% of the state annual budget to build a cargo airport?
Why is Anambra paying $2bn=N800bn when Benue is paying N38bn for a PPP project? 2000% or 20x more for a project?

2: The so-called company has no track record of building and managing airport infrastructure anywhere in the world.

3:Cargo airport is a dumb idea cos MMA handles 90% of cargo movement in Naija, followed by Abj, Kano and PHC. Do you see any cargo airport on that list?

http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/download/391

4:Air freight is very expensive and mostly for time-sensitive shipments. Air freight from China to Lagos is $7/kg, so 1tn =$7k while ocean from China to Lagos for a 20ft container of 20 tn =$7k which is about $0.30/kg. Business people use cost effective method of shipping.

5: $2bn ppp could be used in forming a strategic partnership with a reputable oil drilling/servicing company to drill, produce and refine Anambra oil. This would make state one of the richest states by joining NDDC and having a refinery. Anambra has no comparative advantage ( if u know what it means without google) in aviation.

6:No need to pay your political masters for brokerage, consultancy and advisory fees cos this is the money your and ilk are looking for!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Schematics: 3:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
You are a dumb illiterate. Bleep yourself because the project is already ongoing. Go and face your useless state and leave Anambra alone.

[s]
BigIyanga:

Who made political jobbers like you census official to determine where someone is from. I have listed these facts for for you.

1:The fact that it's a PPP venture
makes it worse cos Anambra is paying $100m=40bn...35% of the state annual budget to build a cargo airport?
Why is Anambra paying $2bn=N800bn when Benue is paying N38bn for a PPP project? 2000% or 20x more for a project?

2: The so-called company has no track record of building and managing airport infrastructure anywhere in the world.

3:Cargo airport is a dumb idea cos MMA handles 90% of cargo movement in Naija, followed by Abj, Kano and PHC. Do you see any cargo airport on that list?

http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/download/391

4:Air freight is very expensive and mostly for time-sensitive shipments. Air freight from China to Lagos is $7/kg, so 1tn =$7k while ocean from China to Lagos for a 20ft container of 20 tn =$7k which is about $0.30/kg. Business people use cost effective method of shipping.

5: $2bn ppp could be used in forming a strategic partnership with a reputable oil drilling/servicing company to drill, produce and refine Anambra oil. This would make state one of the richest states by joining NDDC and having a refinery. Anambra has no comparative advantage ( if u know what it means without google) in aviation.

6:No need to pay your political masters for brokerage, consultancy and advisory fees cos this is the money your and ilk are looking for!
[/s]
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by BigIyanga: 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2017
Schematics:
You are a dumb illiterate. Bleep yourself because the project is already ongoing. Go and face your useless state and leave Anambra alone.

[s][/s]
Cos you are congenitally-demented to hold an intellectual arguement. You Can neither back up ur claims with facts and figures nor analytically examine all those inflated figures being thrown around by govt stooges and profiteers

I have killled you with facts and you resort to insults. Go play somewhere cos I'm not your match.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Schematics: 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2017
Just shut up your smelly mouth. What fact do you have? Are you more informed than 5m Anambrans who crave for this project?

You keep talking gibberish. We have said it here that it is a PPP project but you are still sounding like a broken record as if Anambra is the financier.

Leave our matter alone and go face your own state. Your state is owing common salary but you are here drinking Panadol on our matter. Tufiaaass

[s]
BigIyanga:

Cos you are congenitally-demented fron holding an intellectual arguement. You Can neither back up ur claims with facts and figure nor analytical examine all those inflated figures being thrown around by govt stooges and profiteers

I have killled you with facts and you resort to insults. Go play somewhere cos I'm not your match.
[/s]
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Kingsley10000: 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2017
obiano is a colossal error...he's looting the state with reckless abandon

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Kingsley10000: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
One steer reported me to the mods to ban me

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Schematics: 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2017
Your useless hopeless and worthless father is a bastard and should be buried alive.

[s]
Kingsley10000:
obiano is a colossal error...he's looting the state with reckless abandon
Kingsley10000:
One steer reported me to the mods to ban me
[/s]
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by BigIyanga: 4:20pm On Apr 15, 2017
Schematics:
Just shut up your smelly mouth. What fact do you have? Are you more informed than 5m Anambrans who crave for this project?

You keep talking gibberish. We have said it here that it is a PPP project but you are still sounding like a broken record as if Anambra is the financier.

Leave our matter alone and go face your own state. Your state is owing common salary but you are here drinking Panadol on our matter. Tufiaaass

[s][/s]
Blocked encephalon like you can never get because it's above your intellectual grade. Cargo airport is not "pure water" that everybody wants.
Folks like you and family have neither traveled internatinally nor domestically, of what use is a cargo airport to political peasants like you?

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Schematics: 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
Fool did it pain you..hehehehe

What's your business if cargo airport is not pure water? Are you cursed in life to drop your own burden to carry another person's burden? Are you so cursed? cheesy

Poor frustrated animal, you are intimidated about the airport because you knew that you and your hopeless parents do not have the hope of visiting an airport in their life time. Everyone is not impoverished and pauperised like your useless family. Get a life for once.

[s]
BigIyanga:

Blocked encephalon like you can never get because it's above your intellectual grade. Cargo airport is not "pure water" that everybody wants.
Folks like you and family have neither traveled internatinally nor domestically, of what use is a cargo airport to political peasants like you?
[/s]
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by OreMI22: 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
Abeg, wetin concern Afonjas with that project?

They are always losing sleep on what doesn't concern them except the word "Igbo" is mentioned.
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by BigIyanga: 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
Schematics:
Fool did it pain you..hehehehe

What's your business if cargo airport is not pure water? Are you cursed in life to drop your own burden to carry another person's burden? Are you so cursed? cheesy

Poor frustrated animal, you are intimidated about the airport because you knew that you and your hopeless parents do not have the hope of visiting an airport in their life time. Everyone is not impoverished and pauperised like your useless family. Get a life for once.

[s][/s]
You are bereft of logical reasoning. The fact that Anambra population is close to 5m doesnt mean that 5m of them can afford to use flight let alone air cargo.. most folks like you cannot afford plane ticket.
Naija with 170m only 4m folks travelled by air in 2015 according to NBS data i posted earlier ( I know you didnt care to read it because you're devoid of analtyical skills). It means that only 2.35% of Nigerians travel by air.
Also Enugu airport which serves the entire east,handled less than 200k passengers in 2015 even though the entire SE population is over 20m..
Passenger airport is expensive and not quite lucrative that's why all domestic airlines are being bailed out.

Cargo airport is more expensive and less traffic.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Ofodirinwa: 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
BigIyanga:

flight isn't about GDP. Atlanta has a lower GDP than Houston Texas but more flight traffic. In fact, it's the world's busiest airport, and by your logic that would mean Georgia has the world's highest GDP.

Airports aren't businesses. They're a place to launch and land planes. You can have as many as you'd like. The only reason nigerian airports aren't 'viable' is because people steal the maintenance money, not because there's too many airports.
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by hammerF: 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2017
Kingsley1000:
After spending 4years despite the promise made during
his campaign to build Cargo airport ,he didn't talk
anything about it again until now his tenure is ending, he
now flagged off the project to campaign for second
tenure which after will abandoned as Jonathan did
second Niger bridge. If obiana means to build the airport
really and complete it within his tenure, he would have
flagged off its construction earlier than now he is
campaigning for second tenure.

Anambara DOES NOT need an airport at this particular
point on time..this is purely a misplaced priority! We
have three airports less than 150 kilometer radius at
Asaba, Enugu and Imo.
What is needed most is a trans-southeast railway that
terminates at Onne Portharcourt.. A railway connecting
Onitcha, Nnewi, Enugu, Owerri and Aba, terminating at
Onne!
Here,we force the government to open up Onne port and
invariablely our inland water ways...2 Billion dollars will
go a very long way in the construction of such project..
I see this as a well calculated move in the political
chessboard with the state election just few months
away...Obiano should stop playing cheap politics!

Anambra state have lands reserved since 1970s at Oba
for its airport. It is close to Onitsha township and the
millionaires zones of Nnewi ,Owka etiti,Amichi,Ob
a,ichi,Obosi,Ojoto Orifite,Osumenyi only for willy to site
his pet project in the middle of nowhere.

Lastly,let me exercise little optimism..... I reserve my comments, until the proposed project is
reliazied, can't fall for all these "POLITICAL GIMMICKS
", again. .Ndi Anambra shine your eyes. ...

Obiano based his decision on proximity to the Oil and gas industry located in Aguleri.

I cannot fault him on that but ur arguement also carries the merit that Oba is central to all the different parts of Anambra.

Secondly, i hope u undertstand this project is not just about Cargo airport but the industrialisation of Anambra?

We have to start frome somewhere, and anywhere is better than none or nowhere.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Sunnynwa: 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2017
BigIyanga:

The Anambra project is an aerotropolis and not just the airport.

Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by BigIyanga: 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
Ofodirinwa:

flight isn't about GDP. Atlanta has a lower GDP than Houston Texas but more flight traffic. In fact, it's the world's busiest airport, and by your logic that would mean Georgia has the world's highest GDP.

Airports aren't businesses. They're a place to launch and land planes. You can have as many as you'd like. The only reason nigerian airports aren't 'viable' is because people steal the maintenance money, not because there's too many airports.

Yes, it's about business and GDP. Houston has two airports and ATL has one with Delta as its biggest tenant and runs the world's largest airline out of ATL.
What makes you think that this cargo airport is going to be viable? Asaba with combined patronage from Anambra and Delta is dying...
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Ofodirinwa: 5:48pm On Apr 15, 2017
Nobody talks about roads or bridges not being 'viable' but when we start talking about means of conducting high level trade like airports and ports everyone has something to say
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by BigIyanga: 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2017
Sunnynwa:

The Anambra project is an aerotropolis and not just the airport.
Naija and fancy words! Show me where one has been built in Naija before. How and you use $2bn build a cargo airport when the state gdp is about $7bn?

This company has no record of building and managing airport infracture in the world, so can they do it without exprience??
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Ofodirinwa: 5:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
BigIyanga:

Yes, it's about business and GDP. Houston has two airports and ATL has one with Delta as its biggest tenant and runs the world's largest airline out of ATL.
What makes you think that this cargo airport is going to be viable? Asaba with combined patronage from Anambra and Delta is dying...

How can an airport die? Think about what you're saying. Have you seen a bus station die?
An airport is a place to land planes, not a business. If it's being mismanaged that's different but it's a strip of land for landing planes and the will and facilities to coordinate their landing and taking off. You're overthinking something incredibly simple.

Also, why would I land in Asaba when I live in Anambra? Zoo mentality. An airport is a place to land planes. What if you were on a bus to Anambra from Lagos and they finish at Asaba because Anambra is not viable?

Also, there are four airports in Houston and more in surrounding areas (Greater Houston), there are over twelve in Atlanta.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by Ofodirinwa: 5:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
BigIyanga:

Naija and fancy words! Show me where one has been built in Naija before. How and you use $2bn build a cargo airport when the state gdp is about $7bn?

This company has no record of building and managing airport infracture in the world, so can they do it without exprience??

biko stop calling people Nigerians
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by AmericanQuarter: 5:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
BigIyanga:

Naija and fancy words! Show me where one has been built in Naija before. How and you use $2bn build a cargo airport when the state gdp is about $7bn?This company has no record of building and managing airport infracture in the world, so can they do it without exprience??

So because it has not been built anywhere in Nigeria that means it cannot be built? These people are chained. Meanwhile here is the company that is constructing the airport. http://www.avic-apc.com/a/64/

Built Operate Manage and Transfer(BOMT)
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by BigIyanga: 5:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
hammerF:

Obiano based his decision on proximity to the Oil and gas industry located in Aguleri.

I cannot fault him on that but ur arguement also carries the merit that Oba is central to all the different parts of Anambra.

Secondly, i hope u undertstand this project is not just about Cargo airport but the industrialisation of Anambra?

We have to start frome somewhere, and anywhere is better than none or nowhere.
Petroleum products are shipped with vessel via ocean.. NNPC,IOCs and LNG all ships for moving products.

pls stop making excuses for wayo or incompetence.
$2bn could have been better spent on making Anambra an oil producing state.. Our leaders are too shortsighted
Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by AmericanQuarter: 5:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
Ofodirinwa:

How can an airport die? Think about what you're saying. Have you seen a bus station die?
An airport is a place to land planes, not a business. If it's being mismanaged that's different but it's a strip of land for landing planes and the will and facilities to coordinate their landing and taking off. You're overthinking something incredibly simple.

Also, why would I land in Asaba when I live in Anambra? Zoo mentality. An airport is a place to land planes. What if you were on a bus to Anambra from Lagos and they finish at Asaba because Anambra is not viable?

Also, there are four airports in Houston and more in surrounding areas (Greater Houston), there are over twelve in Atlanta.

The guy is a pure case of sadist. This is shocking that some people can spend so much time on project that does not concern them.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" by AmericanQuarter: 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2017
BigIyanga:

Petroleum produced are shipped with vessel via ocean.. NNPC,IOCs and LNG are use ships for moving products.
pls stop making excuses for wayo or incompetence.
$2bn could have been better spent on making Anambra an oil producing state.. Our leaders are too shortsighted

It is clear you do not have any prior information on the said airport. Use google to understand more about the airport and it's facilities. Anambra is already an oil producing state though not yet receiving it's allocation. The airport will equally serve as a refuelling airport for commercial sale of ATK to local and international flights. Does it make sense to you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Benard Odoh Resigns As Ebonyi Secretary To The State Government / COVID-19: Breaking News Abba Kyari Confirmed / Sanwo-Olu Directs Level 12 Civil Servants, Others To Resume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.