Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,282 members, 7,971,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:36 PM

Issue For Discussion - Judas Iscariot - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Issue For Discussion - Judas Iscariot (353 Views)

Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. / Judas Iscariot Now Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Issue For Discussion - Judas Iscariot by Goodyman(m): 5:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
The name of Judas Iscariot, today, is a poison to all Christians world-wide. Why? He betrayed our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, leading to his death on the Cross of Calvary.

The question is - without the betrayal of Jesus Christ, would it have been possible to identify Jesus Christ from among his disciples? If Jesus Christ had not died and his blood shed for the remission of our sins, would we have gained salvation or be saved today? Was the action of Judas Iscariot not divinely programmed to enable Jesus Christ complete his work of redeeming mankind from sin and death? Why should Judas Iscariot be condemned for the role he played?

I am sure the above issue has also been on the mind of someone out there and I believe some of us would like to react to this topic or shed some light on it. Your reactions/contributions are, therefore, welcome.
Re: Issue For Discussion - Judas Iscariot by Goodyman(m): 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2017
I have decided to make my contributions on this issue.

Our God is the Almighty God. He is the Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Omniscient God. Before any project on earth is embarked upon by Heavens, God knows the beginning and the ending of that project. There is what we call: "God's Sovereign Choice". This is the exclusive right and authority of God to choose anyone he wants to execute any project designed by Heaven, He may choose one as a "vessel of honour" or as a vessel of dishonour (wrath), just as he did to Pharaoh. (Roamns 9: 15-22). Under normal circumstances, Pharaoh had no power to resist God for a long time, but he did what he did because he had already been chosen by God for a particular purpose.

There is something that took place in the case of Esau and Jacob which is quite revealing and very relevant to this topic. In Romans 9:11-14, we read: "For the children (Esau and Jacob) being not yet born neither having done good or evil that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of him that callelth. It was said unto her (Rebecca). the elder shall serve the younger. As it is written: " Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid." In verses 20-21 of the same Romans 9, we read: "..... O man who art thou that replieth God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it: "Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay of the same lump, to make one a vessel unto honour and another a vessel unto dishonour (wrath)?"

Beloved, let us take note that God had already declared Esau to serve Jacob ever before both of them were born and ever before Esau sold his birthright to Jacob to fulfill God's pronouncement. It was a Heavenly project designed for the nation of Israel and Esau had no choice, but to play out his role. Rebecca also played her role as well as Jacob, but Isaac, the father was not aware of all these. (Genesis Chapters 25-27). Secondly, God also declared: "Esau I hate". You will also note that Esau had not committed any sin or done anything wrong at the time God made this declaration. Nonetheless, events were bound to take place in the life of Esau to fulfill this declaration or pronouncement. Like I said, God has the exclusive right to choose anyone either as a vessel of honour or as a vessel of dishonour (wrath) to prosecute Heavenly programmed projects on earth. There is nothing we, humans, can do about it because God's thoughts and ways are far, far higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9) and who are we to query God?

Now to the issue of Judas. The coming of our Lord Jesus Christ to earth was a purely Heavenly project (which I call: "The Jesus Project"wink designed to reconcile fallen man back to God, man having lost out in the Garden of Eden through Adam (Gen. 3) There are some notable characters already chosen by Heavens to prosecute this project; among them are Mary, Joseph (Mary's husband), John the Baptist, Judas Iscariot, High Priest Caiaphas, Pontius Pilate and Joseph of Arimathea.

Mary - she was chosen as "a vessel of honour" for the transfer of the life of Jesus Christ in Heaven to an earthly life. Her role was prophesied by Prophet Isaiah in Isaiah 7:14: "Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son and shall call his name Emmanuel" Take note that Mary's name was not mentioned here, but when the time came Angel Gabriel was sent to Mary and see what he said: "Hail, thou art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee. Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found favour with God. And behold thou shall conceive in thy womb and bring forth a son and shall call his name JESUS." (Lk 1:28-31). Mary has no choice, but to play her role in the "Jesus Project".

Joseph - He was informed of the choice of his wife-to-be as the one chosen by Heavens for the Jesus Project. His role was to provide security and a good upbringing for the child. Recall that when Herod wanted to kill the child, he was advised by Heavens to take the child and mother to Egypt. This he did and returned to Nazareth only after the death of Herod. (Mtt. 1:18-23, 2:13-23). Joseph also had no choice, but to play his role. After the early life of Jesus, nothing was heard again about Joseph up till the time of the death of Jesus, for he had completed his role.

John the Baptist. He was to prepare the grounds for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and as soon as Jesus emerged, his Ministry also expired.

Judas Isacriot. The betrayal of Jesus Christ was prophesied in Zechariah 11:12-13. Like in the case of Mary, the name of Judas Iscariot was not mentioned. Beloved, when Jesus was choosing his disciples, Jesus who knew all things, knew right from the onset that Judas Iscariot would betray him, yet he did not leave him out of his team, but went ahead to include him as one of his disciples. Take note also that Jesus chose Judas Iscariot ever before he was assigned the portfolio of Treasurer in the group and also ever before he displayed tendencies of a thief. Why did Jesus not leave Judas out? Because Judas was among those chosen (in his own case, as a vessel of dishonur (wrath) to prosecute the Jesus Project. Take note also that even if Judas declined performing that role, someone else will still do it because it is the Heavenly script for the betrayal of Jesus Christ which has to be executed. So like Mary, Judas also had no choice but to play his role. Recall that if was after he had played the role that he regretted ever doing such a thing, but before then he had no choice but to play his part. I really pity him.

High Priest Caiaphas. His role was to sentence Jesus to death. (Mtt. 26:57-66).

Pontius Pilate. He was to give the final judgement and release of Jesus Christ for crucifixion. Pilate's wife had a dream about Jesus and she warned her husband. Pilate also knew that Jesus committed no sin or crime, yet he could not prevent the crucifixion of Jesus and went ahead to release him. (Mtt. 27:11-24). There was nothing he could do about it. He also had to play his role.

Joseph of Arimathea. He provided the grave for the burial of Jesus Christ. At the time he prepared the grave, little did he know that he was one of those chosen for the Jesus Project. (Mark 15: 42-46).

Beloved, as we have seen Judas had no choice but to play that role, but for playing that role he ended in death and shall also end in hell. Like I explained earlier, God has the exclusive right to choose whoever he wants to prosecute any Heavenly program either as a vessel of honour as in the case of Mary or as a vessel of dishonour as in the case of Judas. Whatever God does with them thereafter is his own decision which we have no power to fault. Reactions to this contribution are welcome. Remain blessed in the name of Jesus.

(1) (Reply)

Scientists Could Be On The Verge Of Finding Jesus Christ’s DNA / God Asks What One Thing Do You Want? What Will You Say? / VANITY Has No Other Name But VANITY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.