Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,950 members, 7,890,127 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:43 AM

Awolowo: Twenty Pounds,starvation Policy Etc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo: Twenty Pounds,starvation Policy Etc (1379 Views)

Chinomso Prince Egbuchere Finds Biafran Pounds His Grandfather Hid In Ceiling / Boko Haram: NAF Pounds Sect In Metele, Location Of Deadly Attack On Soldiers / Delegates Complain Of Starvation At PDP Presidential Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awolowo: Twenty Pounds,starvation Policy Etc by aribisala0(m): 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
Much has been said and written and much will for ever be said about Awolowo, the £20 pound policy and so on.

I am not here to argue abouut what is true or not true.

I am here to remind ALL YORUBAS.

We must never offer anyone any explanation or apology for what Awolowo is said to have done.

Yes there was a blockade of leading to starvation of many innocent victims. They were Ojuikus victims. I will not go any details here except to say the following

I AM VERY PROUD OF EVERYTHING PAPA AWOLOWO DID

IN FUTURE IF THE NEED ARISES WE WILL LEARN FROM AND IMPOVE UPON EVERYTHING HE DID

Certain we shall be more uncompromiing having learnt even more about our partners

Awolowo was a true visionary who gave the best advice to the youung and inexperienced Gowon on how to put Ojuiku in his box.God bless Awolowo eternally and give to Ouiku his dues.

Again Awolowo advised on the chaange of currency which invalidated the loot Ojuiku had plunderd fro the CBN in Benin and the East thus rendering Biafra bankrupt overnight

A true gentleman after the war Awolowo benevolent handed over an deserved windfall of £20 to all Biafrans even thought they had emptied their accounts before they fled and exchanged their money for the worthless Biafran pound.
Awolowo resigned in 1971 and contrary to the Eboe lies was not in offie when the Indigenisation decree was enacted or implemened

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo: Twenty Pounds,starvation Policy Etc by ExplorerReturns(m): 12:22am On Apr 15, 2017
so what finally ended awolowo? #20 rat poison from aba

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo: Twenty Pounds,starvation Policy Etc by afonjaheadhunt: 12:43am On Apr 15, 2017
OP which awolowo are you referring too,

Is it the same Oju eja that used his last income to partronize Aba rat killer?

Is it the same AWOL-owo aka money miss road that set his people 100years back with Monday classes free education

The same Oju eja that was confused on the fastest route to take his poor miserable soul, whether through the noose or ratak

OP trust me Oju eja is proud of afonjas in hell, cause they exceedingly failed beyond his expectations like he expected, kudos

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo: Twenty Pounds,starvation Policy Etc by afonjaheadhunt: 12:48am On Apr 15, 2017
Igbo's vs Yorubas in 2017, several years after the 20 pounds saga grin

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo: Twenty Pounds,starvation Policy Etc by arinze2015: 1:15am On Apr 15, 2017
aribisala0:
Much has been said and written and much will for ever be said about Awolowo, the £20 pound policy and so on.

We must never offer anyone any explanation or apology for what Awolowo is said to have done.

Yes there was a blockade of leading to starvation of many innocent victims. They were Ojuikus victims. I will not go any details here except to say the following

IN FUTURE IF THE NEED ARISES WE WILL LEARN FROM AND IMPOVE UPON EVERYTHING HE DID

Certain we shall be more uncompromiing having learnt even more about our partners

Awolowo was a true visionary who gave the best advice to the youung and inexperienced Gowon on how to put Ojuiku in his box.God bless Awolowo eternally and give to Ouiku his dues.

Again Awolowo advised on the chaange of currency which invalidated the loot Ojuiku had plunderd fro the CBN in Benin and the East thus rendering Biafra bankrupt overnight

A true gentleman after the war Awolowo benevolent handed over an deserved windfall of £20 to all Biafrans even thought they had emptied their accounts before they fled and exchanged their money for the worthless Biafran pound.
Awolowo resigned in 1971 and contrary to the Eboe lies was not in offie when the Indigenisation decree was enacted or implemened
DO YOU KNOW THAT THAT SINGLE ACTION OF YOUR PAPA IS THE MAJOR REASON WHY YORUBA PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO BE SLAVE

AND THAT KARMA IS NOW FOLLOWING YORUBA YOUTH OF TODAY IMAGINE MOST EDUCATED REGION ARE LESS THAN THE ILLITERATE REGION IN

SPORTS

ENTERTAINMENT

MEDIA

COMMERCE

ETC
DESPITE ALL THE FREE EDUCATION YORUBA SHOULD BE ASHAMED

EXCEPT LAGOS THERE IS NO SINGLE YORUBA CITY THAT CAN BE COMPARE WITH OJUKWU CITES PRESENTLY ,DESPITE THE WAR EVEN AWOLOWO BASE ,IBADAN IS 95% BROWN ROOF AND MUD HOUSES WHY HIS HOME STATE OGUN HAS NOTHING GOOD TO WRITE ABOUT COMPARE TO OJUKWU HOME STATE IN OGUN STATE NO GOOD ROAD, NO PROPER PLANNING ,NO GOOD HOUSING AND YET THEY WILL STILL COME OUT HERE TO BOAST

YORUBA SORRY

ENYI OMO AWOLOWO EPELE

UMU AFONJA NDONNU O

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo: Twenty Pounds,starvation Policy Etc by igbofocus: 1:38am On Apr 15, 2017
OP please go sleep instead of coming here to post trash..............
what happened back then is gone, lessons have been learned

dawn is almost here!

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: Twenty Pounds,starvation Policy Etc by Uchek(m): 10:00pm On Mar 21, 2022
Awolowo was a real visionary? Are you for real? Have you interrogated Awolowo's political and public life in post-Biafra Nigeria to ascertain whether he was a true visionary or Short-sighted and visionless man who sold his future and that of his kinsmen for a pot of porridge?

aribisala0:

Re: Awolowo: Twenty Pounds,starvation Policy Etc by Uchek(m): 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
Are you for real?

ExplorerReturns:
so what finally ended awolowo? #20 rat poison from aba

(1) (Reply)

Why President Buhari Mentioned Ojukwu In His Speech / Your Opinion: 5 Most Peaceful States Currently. / Why Atiku May Win The 2019 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.