Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,217 members, 7,880,800 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:05 AM

My Epilepsy Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Epilepsy Story (440 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Epilepsy Story by Lightspeaksblog(m): 9:43pm On Apr 14, 2017
“Look who’s here…my baby” Luke said — Luke met Thelma before the whole epilepsy thing resurfaced, Yea resurfaced! It was dormant for 3 years and she thanked God that she could live a normal life. the last incident was on 3rd of February, 2010, she met Luke coincidentally the year before on the same day and month, 3rd February, 2009.. this was her first-serious relationship, others were bad luck – since discovering that she had seizures at least 2 times in 10 months and for a year nothing had happened, none that she could recall, she dived into a relationship; like a child who has always been locked indoors and is let out once would want to maximize the opportunity to the fullest; same was with Thelma, she allowed every guy into her life and in no time it was over – was she gullible? Yes…but she never cried, ‘cos she was scared of having the seizure re-awaken; she paid cognizance to every single movement in her body…

“Yes”… “Yes, I will marry you”…Thelma said with excitement on the 17th of December, 2009.. the excitement was short lived as soon as she was confronted with the thought of ‘what if the seizure returns’…she tried so hard to fight it back, but it kept coming..

She wanted to take back her word, but it was almost impossible – in the presence of everyone she had consented to marrying him, saying no would be a big blow to his face..

“My baby”.. Luke screamed, almost waking up his neighbors who just returned from vigil and were trying to catch up on their missed sleep.

Thelma had determined that she was going to say it all.. ever since the last incident which was recent, she was scared of any seizure on her day! Her wedding day!! ..”Luke, you’ve been the best fiancé any girl will ever pray for and I’m lucky to have you, in these 10 months of our relationship there has been no regrets, all the memories we’ve created together I’d love to re-live them every single day….” Luke blushed, it was obvious, he couldn’t allow her continue so he kissed her on the forehead before moving to the lips…it wasn’t so intense but they made love…. She watched Luke as he slept so innocently on the bed, she stared at him before staring vacantly into space thinking of the possible things that can happen on their wedding day….she turned her head and caught sight of their wedding card “Luke weds Thelma” she muttered before smiling…she reached for it and read their toast..”our love may be like the ebb and tide of the ocean, but it will always flow”.. she got moist, not realizing it had started streaming down her cheeks until a drop trickled down to the wedding card – She got out of bed stealthily, and headed for the bathroom.. the lights were on so she stared at the image in the mirror with pebble-like eyes — still confused on her next line of action. It would be saddening to find a break-up letter next to your side after a night of making love…

She pointed at the image in the mirror; it was her obviously – with the pebble like eyes, she confronted her image – she needed answers, answers only the person in the mirror knew …. “why?…of all people why me” …. “epilepsy why me?” tears streamed down her cheeks, she didn’t care that her make-up was ruined, she didn’t care that the seizure might be triggered… “fine, you(epilepsy) chose me but you stopped, you went dormant..why did you return”..” my life was fine, going pretty-fine not until you resurfaced…5 months to my wedding”… “Haba! Devil, devil!! How cruel can you get..” continue in this link please nairalanders https://lightspeaksblog./2017/04/13/my-demon-my-fight-epilepsy/

(1) (Reply)

A Story Blog That Is Worth The Visit. / Battle For Justice / Areas In Computer Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.