Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,405 members, 7,901,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:09 AM

Broken Halo: The Fall Of Nigerian Pastors - NB Weekly 11 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Broken Halo: The Fall Of Nigerian Pastors - NB Weekly 11 (436 Views)

The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / Top 20 MFM Personal Prayers That Can Cause The Fall Of The Enemy / Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Pastors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Broken Halo: The Fall Of Nigerian Pastors - NB Weekly 11 by nb360: 11:06am On Apr 15, 2017
Psalm 105:15 - '’Touch not my anointed, do my prophet no harm’' is now the most popular Bible verse in Nigeria as Men of God struggle to hide the many failings of their human flesh.

Previously, these canal failings of the Men of God would have slipped by unchallenged, but Nigerians have become more ‘awake’ as they grapple with the current economic and societal difficulties facing the country. Today, questions are being asked about the relationship between a pastor's lifestyle, church funds and other church assets [e.g.: universities, private jets]. Life's difficulties have created a congregation of doubting Thomas; Psalms 105:15 is fast losing its potency. The doubt is not in their faith in God, but in the 'anointed' modern day prophets and the church structure.

Read more:
https://nblinks.pro/halo-pastors

Re: Broken Halo: The Fall Of Nigerian Pastors - NB Weekly 11 by LordIsaac(m): 11:20am On Apr 15, 2017
E gud!
Re: Broken Halo: The Fall Of Nigerian Pastors - NB Weekly 11 by petra1(m): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
nb360:
Psalm 105:15 - '’Touch not my anointed, do my prophet no harm’' is now the most popular Bible verse in Nigeria as Men of God struggle to hide the many failings of their human flesh.

Previously, these canal failings of the Men of God would have slipped by unchallenged, but Nigerians have become more ‘awake’ as they grapple with the current economic and societal difficulties facing the country. Today, questions are being asked about the relationship between a pastor's lifestyle, church funds and other church assets [e.g.: universities, private jets]. Life's difficulties have created a congregation of doubting Thomas; Psalms 105:15 is fast losing its potency. The doubt is not in their faith in God, but in the 'anointed' modern day prophets and the church structure.

Read more:
https://nblinks.pro/halo-pastors

What has jet and universities got to do with faith? . A university is an academic institution,and any church or individuals who is driven with vision to have an excellent one should be commended especially in the present decay of nation universities . A private jet is just a vehicle made for human beings and not animals especially for those who need it and can afford it. It doesn't matter if its a church , an organisation or a company as long as they have need of it and have good enough reason .

The fact that some don't have need of it or afford it doesn't make it a crime for those who do just as Some can't afford a new car , they shouldn't criminalise those who do. so bicycle, motorbike ,tokunbo, new car, helicopter,plane are all based on choices and necessities . I know the attack on ministers is because they are men of God and it is believed church money is used for cars ,planes,university. its not true . planes and cars comes as gift or purchased by church if a church needs it. Whatever is purchased in the name of the church is not for the pastor but for the ministry . church money is not pastors money. some pastors can be very rich of course but its not from offerings and tithe. a pastors money comes from gifts to him. especially a man that has special supernatural gift. people who's problem has been solved supernaturally can't help but give to such pastors money ,car plane etc.

some pastors can not even ride all the cars they get so they in turn give to other members and leaders . some pastors also get money from book publishing etc. these are not church money. Now someone will say "its extortion ! the bible should be enough". I've read many books by many ministers and their books have blessed me. But i paid for it. thats my cup of tea.

If any minister has offended by his conduct, its between him and who he offends. either its God , government,Police , wife. etc. let them sort it out. if he commits a crime let it be proven in court let the law take its natural course.

(1) (Reply)

Watching Vampire Movies Is A Sin / Your Enemies Won't Want You To Read This. If You Need Breakthrough, Read It. / Let Us Praise God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.