Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:08 PM

Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria (802 Views)

Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos / The Most Expensive Police Car Ever, Abu Dhabi's ₦1.2b Lykan Hypersport / The Most Expensive Police Car In Various Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by naijacarlovers: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
Our law enforcement agencies especially the police force gets brand new or secondhand cars regularly. Few weeks after or months after, these cars start looking thrashed, banged up and unpleasant to the eyes and also mechanically.

Yet, we hardly ever see them engage in car chases like seen in America or other countries. Apart from using the car to block Danfo on roads in Lagos lol.

Have you ever witnessed our law enforcement officers engage in a car chase....especially an exciting one?

Let's hear from you. Please share the drama with us.

Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Lalasticlala

Lest I forget, Happy Easter folks.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by daamazing(m): 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2017
People wey no dey ever get fuel for motor!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by DickDastardly(m): 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2017
Yes i have ... back in the days at upper iweka. Was about boarding a bus when a benz 230 flew bye at nothing less than 140km/hr with the occupants firing shots into the air at intervals. People started clapping for them and gathered in groups to discuss what they just witnessed. Say like 20mins later a bone wrecker of peugeot 504 station wagon with Anti Crime patrol written on it sauntered by. The police guys came down and started flogging the people gathered in groups instead of continuing in their belated pursuit of their suspects. They infact made efforts to grab some passer by for i-no-follow settlement. Thats when all hell let loose. Trust onitsha people, the police with their guns were beaten blue black and their jallopy of a van destroyed beyond mobility. grin cheesy
End!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by sprinter101(m): 1:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
for which road,the bad roads in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by thesicilian: 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
Yes. Anytime they stop me for egunje and I don't stop, they usually chase me until traffic separates us...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by Davash222(m): 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
DickDastardly:
Yes i have ... back in the days at upper iweka. Was about boarding a bus when a benz 230 flew bye at nothing less than 140km/hr with the occupants firing shots into the air at intervals. People started clapping for them and gathered in groups to discuss what they just witnessed. Say like 20mins later a bone wrecker of peugeot 504 station wagon with Anti Crime patrol written on it sauntered by. The police guys came down and started flogging the people gathered in groups instead of continuing in their belated pursuit of their suspects. They infact made efforts to grab some passer by for i-no-follow settlement. Thats when all hell let loose. Trust onitsha people, the police with their guns were beaten blue black and their jallopy of a van destroyed beyond mobility. grin cheesy
End!
Nice story line, whats the title
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by yanabasee(m): 1:41pm On Apr 16, 2017
Lol..... Never in my entire life....

But i've seen a drunk police man who drove speedily and hit someone's car.... then get out and call for the man's arrest for smashing a federal government's own vehicle....

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by Judasjudas(m): 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
Yeah I have .. last two years ..Group of robbers used a taxi cab for operation ..but it didn't go down well when the police arrived ..so he zoomed off and left them there ..de chased him ..he got to a spot ..left the car and fled through the bush ..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by nurey(m): 4:47pm On Apr 16, 2017
Had an appointment in abeokuta so went to oshodi and entered this Sharan, I was lucky as the guy was delivering a rav4 door to abeokuta so we were only 2 passengers.

We had a flat tire, the guy fixed but refused to speed cause he didn't trust the tyre, was doing around 70/80km/h instead of his 130km/h run, na so we see this white hilux with men in mufti saying oya stop, park, I say Park, you no hear, when they tried to brush his vehicle the driver eventually stopped.

I just dey coded as I carried an expensive laptop and my bag was big like someone going to mount kilimanjaro for excursion. After all the brouhaha say why didn't he stop is he a thief they checked the boot, guess what they thought.

Well they thought the slow speed of the driver was that he was carrying a car engine and they were ready to collect as carrying car engine could mean it's stolen.

Man just weak.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 16, 2017
Police chase with which motor and for which road abeg??

Those Naija police that lacks maintenance culture like a rodent... Donate cars to them and you might end up regretting it after seeing it in a sorry state barely 6months later.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by Winneygirl(f): 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2017
Yes. In Abuja.
They had tried to flag down a van. The van driver instead of stopping, sped away.
They chased him. I guess the van driver was not experienced in that sort of thing. He crashed into a stationery vehicle. He didn't seem injured, but I cannot vouch for what the police would have done to him after they caught up to him.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by naijacarlovers: 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
Winneygirl:
Yes. In Abuja.
They had tried to flag down a van. The van driver instead of stopping, sped away.
They chased him. I guess the van driver was not experienced in that sort of thing. He crashed into a stationery vehicle. He didn't seem injured, but I cannot vouch for what the police would have done to him after they caught up to him.

You don't need to guess, his body will tell the story
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by Kjnwancaro: 12:53am On Apr 17, 2017
I've seen customs give smugglers a hot chase of their life. The custom guy in mufti in a highlander chased the other guy carrying load in a Nissan primer. Double crossed him and arrested him. Was like a movie

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Police Car Chase In Nigeria by finofaya: 1:52am On Apr 17, 2017
I saw a customs hilux chasing one seriously overloaded Honda Academy in Katsina. The hilux had a metal bar with stuff like spikes in front of the bumper. I guess the Honda guy just came into the country and the goods were contraband. The gap between the two cars was a bit wide considering that the Honda was carrying so much weight but I hear smugglers are super drivers. They weaved in and out of traffic, the road and out of sight. No how wey that smuggler for escape sha.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BMW I Inside Future Concept Unveiled (amazing Photos And Unique Features) / PGA Championship 2017 / This Is A Surefire Way To Make Some Extra Money On The Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.