Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,756 members, 7,930,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:19 PM

Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade (41308 Views)

Wizkid Dances With A Plus-Sized Female Fan In The U.S / Sarkodie Replies Yemi Alade Over Her Claims On Him Disgracing Her Three Times / Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me, Says Yemi Alade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Rebuke: 8:29pm On Apr 16, 2017
Shiitposter:

Something wrong with your eye sight son? That's a woman.

No, the problem is with d use of d term. Lols.
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by UncutSk(m): 8:30pm On Apr 16, 2017
careytommy7:
You are not Igbo. You are Yoruba! angry
bigot
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Shiitposter: 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2017
Rebuke:

No, the problem is with d use of d term. Lols.

The feminine version of a Dude would be a Dudette smiley
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Onechancearmy(m): 9:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
Bollinger:

I am glad you know that diversity works in normal societies. Nigeria ain't normal which is why it fails. It is just like saying that other country's citizen do not litter but as Nigerians we can't because we are dirty people. The only reason it does not work in Nigeria is because Nigerians in Nigeria lack the basic decency and knowledge of why it is advantageous. This is how bad Nigerians are as a people. One time i showed a friend of mine in Switzerland a video on youtube of how a mob of people set a suspect on fire. You know what amazed him the most? It wasn't that it happened that shocked him. What shocked him was the fact that they took the time to video it, stand around without fear of the authorities and even had the nerve to put it on the internet. Guy, it doesn't matter if the three ethnic groups split apart. They will still find ways to fight amongst themselves.

You make a bit of sense, but you're missing the point entirely. The point is that Nigeria is an artificial entity.

Where it not for the British, the country we call Nigeria today would NEVER have come into existence by the natural course of history and every ethnic nationality would have been free to pursue its own development goals and agenda to the best of its ability. Evrything that is wrong such as the lawlessness that your Swiss friend witnessed is just a sympton of the Nigerian malaise and not the actual problem.

Artificial Countries like Nigeria which lack any real unifying factor always end up disintegrating. The examples are just too many to ignore (Yugoslavia, The Soviet Union, India, Sudan etc)
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by klasys(m): 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
GMbuharii:

stfu,you are just sweating in the pants,struggling,for all to see,to sound intelligent. Afam said u a bludi S.PK..perfect description cool

and dun worry,when the Igbos be gone,they gonna organise their dv visa so u sophisticated cones shapes' few pros and highly educated peeps can apply and come over...buh u can keep your excess agberos and touts and ritualists and owodas to yourselves,they'd need not apply.

and what make u think that if Nigeria break up today, some people apart from igbo will be crave to go to erosion land which the indegine are running away from.

please, come out from your shell

grin grin
Op,nice one,yemi is cute.
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by rakabuba001(m): 10:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
CheezyCharles:
Igbo + AFONJA =FLATONJA ! SOUNDS LIKE THE NAME OF A MASQUERADE .

FLATONJA!!!

1 Share

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by cbrass(m): 10:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
Ngokafor:

....Dont be senseless,..God gave you brains for a reason,use it at least once in a while,it is not for decoration and wont kill you if you do.

You still haven't answered my question o tongue
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by edupedia: 10:35pm On Apr 16, 2017
careytommy7:
You are not Igbo. You are Yoruba! angry

....so?....
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Bollinger(m): 12:30am On Apr 17, 2017
Onechancearmy:

You make a bit of sense, but you're missing the point entirely. The point is that Nigeria is an artificial entity.

Where it not for the British, the country we call Nigeria today would NEVER have come into existence by the natural course of history and every ethnic nationality would have been free to pursue its own development goals and agenda to the best of its ability. Evrything that is wrong such as the lawlessness that your Swiss friend witnessed is just a sympton of the Nigerian malaise and not the actual problem.

Artificial Countries like Nigeria which lack any real unifying factor always end up disintegrating. The examples are just too many to ignore (Yugoslavia, The Soviet Union, India, Sudan etc)

All great countries have strife. It is normal. Do you think Britain or the united states haven't gone through worse? There are states in the U.S who do not want to be part it's union and go there separate ways. The difference between them and Nigeria is that their citizens don't have to act like animals to put their point across or throw away decency in other to lead their daily lives.
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by blackprowler: 12:46am On Apr 17, 2017
Anytime I watch Nigerian tv or come on nairaland, I'm reminded that black man is still an ape
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by GMbuharii: 6:34am On Apr 17, 2017
klasys:

do urself a favour and get some complete education. You can avail yourself with some under_the_tree night time adult education for slow learners. Thank me later and happy Easter
grin
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by oluamid(m): 3:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
Eluwilussit:

Why should we even care who rules this country? The important thing is to get things done in a democratic manner. Let meritocracy rule our national dealings.

If the igbos wanna go, for chirst's sake, let them go. I wonder why the rest of nigeria is so obsessed with and against this igbo breakaway stuff. The igbos are not indispensable at all. Neither is any other tribe.

It is wrong to assume that an Igbo president will favour the SE as a whole. Only political jobbers from across the breadth and length of the nation will still gain from an Igbo presidency. It is a fallacy. A mirage. angry

Nigeria is not going to break up anytime soon because there's simply no provision in the constitution for any part of the country to secede. As things stand, the only way for the country to break up is either the constitution is amended and such clause is inserted (and this is a very tall order given the kind of legislooters we have), or the country erupts into another brutal civil war (this will lead to needless loss of lives).

People who are clamouring for a separate country are currently going about it the wrong way. All of this starts with the media. First, they need to influence opinions and make everyone (including those who are for and against the prospect) start seriously discussing the unity of the country. Second, petition law makers. Only vote in those law makers who are ready to sponsor or vote for bills calling for referendum or amendment of the constitution. Third, curry sympathy. A proverb says to catch a monkey you need to behave like a monkey. Build bridges among the major tribes rather than spread hate. As it stands, the Hausa/Fulani are mostly 'One Nigeria' while Igbo are mostly 'separatists' with the Yoruba somewhere in the middle. To separate, the Igbo need the Yoruba (of course mutual distrust, age-old rivalry and simple ego will probably make a lot of people kick against this simple 'truth') or at least make a large portion of the Yoruba sympathetic to the cause. Build bridges with the semi-major tribes (the south south and middle belt). Convince them why they are better in a fractured country than a 'united' one.

In conclusion, this is 2017, no Nigerian President in their right mind will simply wake up and give order for the break-up of the country. Such a president will be lucky to continue with his tenure that is even if he is able to escape with his life.
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Eluwilussit(m): 3:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
oluamid:

Nigeria is not going to break up anytime soon because there's simply no provision in the constitution for any part of the country to secede. As things stand, the only way for the country to break up is either the constitution is amended and such clause is inserted (and this is a very tall order given the kind of legislooters we have), or the country erupts into another brutal civil war (this will lead to needless loss of lives).

People who are clamouring for a separate country are currently going about it the wrong way. All of this starts with the media. First, they need to influence opinions and make everyone (including those who are for and against the prospect) start seriously discussing the unity of the country. Second, petition law makers. Only vote in those law makers who are ready to sponsor or vote for bills calling for referendum or amendment of the constitution. Third, curry sympathy. A proverb says to catch a monkey you need to behave like a monkey. Build bridges among the major tribes rather than spread hate. As it stands, the Hausa/Fulani are mostly 'One Nigeria' while Igbo are mostly 'separatists' with the Yoruba somewhere in the middle. To separate, the Igbo need the Yoruba (of course mutual distrust, age-old rivalry and simple ego will probably make a lot of people kick against this simple 'truth') or at least make a large portion of the Yoruba sympathetic to the cause. Build bridges with the semi-major tribes (the south south and middle belt). Convince them why they are better in a fractured country than a 'united' one.

In conclusion, this is 2017, no Nigerian President in their right mind will simply wake up and give order for the break-up of the country. Such a president will be lucky to continue with his tenure that is even if he is able to escape with his life.

I agree with you totally. I wonder how the SE can convince the rest of the nation that fragmentation of the country is good for all. What will be their reason? Any ideas?
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by oluamid(m): 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2017
Eluwilussit:

I agree with you totally. I wonder how the SE can convince the rest of the nation that fragmentation of the country is good for all. What will be their reason? Any ideas?

The best advert is the condition of the SE. The only thing Nigerians respond to irrespective of tribe or creed is 'success' or the appearance of it. This is majorly the work of the SE governors and states houses of assembly. They should have regional developmental commissions with the mandate to make the SE the best among the regions in terms of infrastructure and economy. Should the SE somehow become the economic capital of the country with the best infrastructure and opportunities for Nigerians without the direct input of the federal government, it will make people begin to wonder what use is the Federal government and why the SE wouldn't be in a better condition if it is autonomous. This is totally doable with the monthly allocation the SE gets at present.
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by oluamid(m): 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2017
Onechancearmy:

By this logic, there ought not to be any country in Africa seeing that almost all the countries on the African continent were creation of colonial masters.
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Eluwilussit(m): 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2017
oluamid:

The best advert is the condition of the SE. The only thing Nigerians respond to irrespective of tribe or creed is 'success' or the appearance of it. This is majorly the work of the SE governors and states houses of assembly. They should have regional developmental commissions with the mandate to make the SE the best among the regions in terms of infrastructure and economy. Should the SE somehow become the economic capital of the country with the best infrastructure and opportunities for Nigerians without the direct input of the federal government, it will make people begin to wonder what use is the Federal government and why the SE wouldn't be in a better condition if it is autonomous. This is totally doable with the monthly allocation the SE gets at present.

I see what you mean. It will be nice if the SE governors can get together and develop the SE region. The problem is that I don't see how that can help their cause as regards self-determination. It will only create envy. It may make them more attractive to the minority SS especially, and maybe some minorities in the middle belt.

If this happens, I see the core north and the SW becoming stumbling blocks. Unless the SW is willing to pull out as well. It is unimaginable to think that the SW will ever join the SE in their quest for self-determination.
Truth is that the SW is very strategic to the survival of our unity as a nation, or otherwise.

After all is said and done, I still believe in a viable United Nigeria. A Nigerian State where the tenets of democracy, equality and meritocracy are entrenched and practiced. Our diversity should be our greatest strength with proper leadership.

Per adventure a united Nigeria isn't feasible, I don't think it is a bad idea to split. USSR, Yugoslavia etc, did the same. Our unity is very much negotiable. It does not matter what anybody thinks and says. This is my opinion. grin
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by yanmiri(f): 10:16am On Apr 18, 2017
package7:
I hate omo yanmiri with passion

Bros wetin I do you naa? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yvonne Jegede Wows In Blue Top With Pant / Wizkid Becomes UBA Brand Ambassador (Photos) / Ruggedman Hosts Marvis To Dinner In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.