Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,140 members, 7,977,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:54 AM

How To Keep Your Phone Contacts Safe Even If You Lose Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Keep Your Phone Contacts Safe Even If You Lose Your Phone (429 Views)

IOS 13 Security Flaw Exposes Phone Contacts / How To Never Lose Your Phone Contacts Again / How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Keep Your Phone Contacts Safe Even If You Lose Your Phone by Emisco3310(m): 10:43am On Apr 17, 2017
The loss of phone contacts whenever we lose or change our phone has become an alarming and recurring phenomenon. This occurrence is so common that,almost all phone users,if not all, have one time or the other addressed a known caller as an unknown one, especially, by saying, "hello who is speaking?". This is usually the case when one has just lost his/her phone or has changed his/her phone, thus making the caller feel bad and embarrassed, and he/she would think or even say it out that, "so, so-so person did not have or did not save my number!","a whole me! O ma se o! This is funny and unexpected! This is embarrassing and contemptible!" These and other similar thoughts flow in the mind of such callers. Some would even go to the extent of angrily terminating the call and start quarrelling the person,without knowing that he has no fault, only that he/she has lost or changed phone.
Unfortunately, this little occurrence has severed, cut off, destroyed, jeopardized and ruined many relationships. It is therefore worth it to prevent or avoid this ugly event. We can then ask, is there any surefire solution or panacea to this quagmire? Yes! There is! And it's simple! Are you following me? Once again,I say it's naive and similar simple as 123! Just submit your heart,ho sorry, submit your attention jare! Now follow me!
Start by clicking on contacts icon on your android or any other smartphone with the same feature. Click on menu icon or button, then select impor/export, then, select export to internal or external storage, then select the contacts to export or select all contacts. Then click OK. Yes! click OK! The first steps are as illustrated in the screenshots below;
Furthermore, go to your File Explorer or File Folder, then scrol down to see your exported contacts saved as "00001.vcf" as in the picture below;
After locating it, then start copying-pasting or sending it with Bluetooth or whatever to your various other storage devices like; laptop,small phone,your relatives' phones, flash drive, disk, memory cards and any other one you can think of.
May God forbid, if you lose your phone or you change your phone, simply go to one those devices where you have saved the exported contacts, transfer or send the vcf file to your new smartphone, then click on it, and follow prompt action to import your contacts.
Note: It is advisable to do this exporting regularly, like weekly or monthly, so that you can capture all your contacts including the newly saved contacts. This will make you have an updated phonebook.
Also note that, you should always have a copy of the exported contacts somewhere other than in your devices which you carry about, i.e, the devices that are prone to being lost or stolen. Have a copy in one memory card or flash drive or disk which is kept somewhere and not carried about.

Written by:
Emitomo Abiodun (NECESSITY™)

For picture illustrations, visit;

www.2gedatalk..com
Re: How To Keep Your Phone Contacts Safe Even If You Lose Your Phone by dxdiag(m): 11:15am On Apr 17, 2017
You can backup your contact on cloud, since you ve functional email on ur account or using fone apps like Google drive to archieve ur phone contact.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Know Of A Reliable Website To Sim Unlock A Sony Xperia Phone . / My Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duo For Sale / If You Have BITCOIN For Sales Message Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.