Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,851 members, 7,889,860 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:47 PM

Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY (5214 Views)

Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize / Wole Soyinka With Other Nobel Laureates In 1986(throwback Photo) / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by LordOfNaira: 9:16pm On Apr 17, 2017
Neoguru6:
Chinua was on that list that year

Stop being ignorant. You can't see the 1986 nomination list until after 50 years. It is not fifty years yet!!!

6 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by deomello: 9:27pm On Apr 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Neoguru6: 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Stop being ignorant. You can't see the 1986 nomination list until after 50 years. It is not fifty years yet!!!
How come they invited other people until the final winner is announced

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by LordOfNaira: 9:32pm On Apr 17, 2017
deomello:

Sadly for you, ZIK and your forefathers must also be ignorant because the called themselves ibo even in their speeches.

Bro, I am not that ignorant OP o.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Neoguru6: 9:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
deomello:

Sadly for you, ZIK and your forefathers must also be ignorant because the called themselves ibo even in their speeches.
In their speeches? When the typewriter operator is british what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by LordOfNaira: 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2017
Neoguru6:
How come they invited other people until the final winner is announced

What are you talking about Who invited who?

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Neoguru6: 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2017
LordOfNaira:

your ignorance is gargantuan

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Neoguru6: 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2017
LordOfNaira:

What are you talking about Who invited who?
Do they deliver the nobel prize to the winner's house?

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by LordOfNaira: 9:37pm On Apr 17, 2017
Neoguru6:
your ignorance is gargantuan
But you are ignorant na.
Because even the Achebe that you are trying to defend here used the word "Ibo".

8 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by deomello: 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2017
Neoguru6:
If you had gone to a proper school you would know it is spelt Igbo. Just another free education churn out

Sadly for you, ZIK and your forefathers must also be ignorant because they called themselves ibo even in their speeches.

8 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by deomello: 9:39pm On Apr 17, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Apologies jare. Corrected.

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Neoguru6: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
LordOfNaira:

But you are ignorant na.

Because even the Achebe that you are trying to defend here used the word "Ibo".
Yes, because british publishers will not print the book with "Igbo", they cant pronounce "gb"

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Neoguru6: 9:43pm On Apr 17, 2017
deomello:

Sadly for you, ZIK and your forefathers must also be ignorant because they called themselves ibo even in their speeches.
addressed
Neoguru6:
In their speeches? When the typewriter operator is british what do you expect?
Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by LordOfNaira: 9:45pm On Apr 17, 2017
Neoguru6:
Do they deliver the nobel prize to the winner's house?

No!

Once you have been declared winner by the committee, Adam Smith, chief editor of the official website of the Nobel Foundation will put a call to the winner. The winner wouldn't even know if they are on the list until they receive the magic call from Smith. Last year, one of the Nobel winners in Physics was in a public garage when Adam called him. A certain winner missed Adam's call and did not know he had won until he heard it on the radio.

So after the call, the winner has to formally accept the prize. The presentation of the prize is at Stockholm where the winner is expected to give a speech.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by deomello: 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2017
Neoguru6:
Yes, because british publishers will not print the book with "Igbo", they cant pronounce "gb"

There's a clear difference between typing and pronouncing.

They typed exactly what was written and not pronouncing what they were given to publish. It's their job to type what was written and not to pronounce.

Be smart enough to come up with half intelligent response.

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by greenmonk: 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2017
Saecula:
@Op,
what even brought this issue cos the man has been silent lately?

This brought by!

His silence on all the atrocities being netted out to Nigerians by his Darling regime of corrupt and fraudulent cohort personified in APC and the barking lion of the Niger Delta the lizard of u......
Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2017
Neoguru6:
If you wont answer the question then swerve.

Your Chinua Achebe died a wicked and sad soul! He never achieved the Nobel prize. Wole is greater than any Igbo man dead or alive. Chinua Achebe died with his coffin stinking of jealousy and hate. He died hope there was a country that never existed

6 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2017
LordOfNaira:

No!

Once you have been declared winner by the committee, Adam Smith, chief editor of the official website of the Nobel Foundation will put a call to the winner. The winner wouldn't even know if they are on the list until they receive the magic call from Smith. Last year, one of the Nobel winners in Physics was in a public garage when Adam called him. A certain winner missed Adam's call and did not know he had won until he heard it on the radio.

So after the call, the winner has to formally accept the prize. The presentation of the prize is at Stockholm where the winner is expected to give a speech.

The OP has learnt more from this thread than his entire time spent schooling at Epon Ojukwu Memorial School for the Foolish.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Heeyhun(f): 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
what a mor0n ..
He thinks game of throne is a movie script?
Why do we have so many brain dead mor0n amongst flat heads?

trying hard to stifle my laughter cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Kingjags: 11:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
Omo ë b like say nna mean OP before, attack left and right

thanks OP though, at least I don learn tonight

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Neoguru6: 5:13am On Apr 18, 2017
deomello:

There's a clear difference between typing and pronouncing.

They typed exactly what was written and not pronouncing what they were given to publish. It's their job to type what was written and not to pronounce.

Be smart enough to come up with half intelligent response.

Anybody that is telling you that you are sensible is lying to you.

When the british explorers came to Igboland, they couldnt translate some words properly eg they spelt "Igbo" as "Ibo", "Chukwu" as "Tshuku", "Olisa" as "Orissa", so because a whiteman cant pronounce things in my native tongue shouldnt me that I have to change my language, do you know that the actual name for Jerusalem is Yerushalayim, are you going to force the jewish people to drop their original to please people?
Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Neoguru6: 5:15am On Apr 18, 2017
OkoYiboz:

The OP has learnt more from this thread than his entire time spent schooling at Epon Ojukwu Memorial School for the Foolish.
Effect of Awo Free education makes you think like a frog.
Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by KingsleyMalcolm: 5:16am On Apr 18, 2017
The ignorant and hate filled ipob suffer no be small cheesy Shameless gala seller

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Neoguru6: 5:22am On Apr 18, 2017
JayJohnson:

Your Chinua Achebe died a wicked and sad soul! He never achieved the Nobel prize. Wole is greater than any Igbo man dead or alive. Chinua Achebe died with his coffin stinking of jealousy and hate. He died hope there was a country that never existed
Deep in your heart, you know you are lying to yourself.

Do you know that Chinua Achebe reject the nonsensical Commander of the federal republic, twice, something Wole Soyinka will grasp with four limbs.
Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 18, 2017
Neoguru6:
Deep in your heart, you know you are lying to yourself.

Do you know that Chinua Achebe reject the nonsensical Commander of the federal republic, twice, something Wole Soyinka will grasp with four limbs.

1. Your Chinua Achebe died a bitter man, he died craving for an award (Nobel laureate) he never got

2. Your Achebe died without the Biafrauud nation he hoped for

3. Achebe is a sad man in his grave, his grave oozes stench of hatred and jealousy

Hw died unfulfilled, he lost his heritage to Wole Soyinka
Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Neoguru6: 10:05am On Apr 18, 2017
JayJohnson:

1. Your Chinua Achebe died a bitter man, he died craving for an award (Nobel laureate) he never got

2. Your Achebe died without the Biafrauud nation he hoped for

3. Achebe is a sad man in his grave, his grave oozes stench of hatred and jealousy

Hw died unfulfilled, he lost his heritage to Wole Soyinka
mtcheww
Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2017
Neoguru6:
mtcheww

Hahahahahahaah
He pain am
Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Aadetola1(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
JayJohnson:

Hahahahahahaah He pain am
grin
JayJohnson:

Hahahahahahaah He pain am
Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Neoguru6: 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
JayJohnson:

Hahahahahahaah
He pain am
You no get sense so I no knw where to start from.
Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
Neoguru6:
You no get sense so I no knw where to start from.

WW= whining wailer
Re: Wole Soyinka's 1986 Nobel Prize, A Monumental Fraud. See WHY by ElsonMorali: 11:40pm On May 17, 2017
If Na me be OP ehn, na to deactivate my moniker come throw my phone for river o. Chai! See fatality!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Legend Of The S.A.I.N.T.S - An MSSE©2014 Fictional Work / My Virgin Story / The Lost Ghost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.