Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,358 members, 7,940,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:14 AM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (99845 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by zesh(m): 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
i love that language how did you come about it
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2017
zesh:
i love that language how did you come about it
Lol trade secret grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by zesh(m): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2017
����
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 3:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
The Al-hujinn came before him. “Akhbar hikayat ‘iilaa ‘alsafik fi ealam almawtaa”(Tell my tales to your ancestors when you get to the world of the dead} he said before one of his sword moved like a flash of lighting and stabbed Zakfir, slicing through the rib cage and heart. He folded on the horse he was on and slowly dropped.
Turning quickly, Jarrael faced the direction of the three fleeing herdsmen on horses. Already thinking how difficult it will be to go after them. It will take time to go mount their tired horses and give chase. It will just waste more time and divert them from their mission. As they watched the silhouette images of the herdsmen dwindling further something seem to strick one of them and he fell from his horse. In rabid succession, the other two fell off their horses.
“What just happened? “ Jarrael asked trying to strain his eyes to decipher details in the weak moonlight.
Khen took a few steps ahead. “Arrorws. “ he simply said.
As they watched, a shadow moved towards them. It appeared as a shadowed image of a single horse with a rider. While watching from behind, Thrace barked a word of power and a sudden globe of light appeared that gave illumination around the whole area.
“Douse the light show boy, I wouldn’t want you to announce my arrival to every predatory denizens of this locale. “ a female voice sounded.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by bigbauer(m): 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2017
I'm loving this
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
Some one just arrived in a grand style.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
As quickly as it had appeared, the globe of light vanished. As eyes readjusted to the sudden change of illumination, they took on the appearance of the rider. It was of a beautiful woman covered all over in tight fitting leather garment. Her hair, long, lustrous and green. Her long bow was held on her right hand and the left put back a single arrow that was initially notched on the arrow, back on the quiver slung on her back.
None of the watcher moved as she dropped from her horse, dropped the long bow with the quiver filled with arrow on the floor, led her horse to where other horses were tethered and tied its rein to a makeshift pole. Then with deliberate slow steps she walked to the group.
Jarrael watch and couldn’t say anything. Her name moved from his brain but hung at the tip of his lips. He just couldn’t interpret how he is feeling at that moment. He just watched at someone that is both familiar to him and a total stranger. Someone that just stirred something really deep within him he thought was long dead. Just then he noticed the loud pounding sound of his heart beats roaring in his ears.
The woman looked round everyone stoically and her eyes settled on Jarrael. She watched him for a long while, her face frozen on a mask of indifference which suddenly cracked as a single tear dropped from her stinging eye.
“Oh Kez! “ she wailed as she ran to Jarrael and caught him in a strong embrace that squeezed him tight to her. “Oh Kez Kez, I have so missed you, I thought you forever lost to me. “ Then her emotions broke, and tears that have been strange to her eyes for years flowed down her eyes in uncontrollable deluge. For a very long time, Meera allowed her self to be vulnerable. This was the person that has meant anything to him after she watched the brutal murder of her parents. All those years of hardship, slavery and being raped and brutalized, his face has always been what she saw in the few moments she had try to lock her mind against the pains. Her brother, who had always been there, he who took care of her when neither her father and mother was around. He risked himself even at that tender age to make sure she doesn’t starve, got a place for them to stay. Remembered a night when it was raining heavily, Kezzan had shielded her with his body, pulling off his clothes to cover her, while she slept and he stayed under the rain just so she wouldn’t be interrupted in her sleep. He had gone hungery and given her the only food he was able to steal, just so she wouldn’t starve.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
At that moment she felt like eight again. All the problems of this world seem like they don’t matter. As if happening to someone else, here in his arms she felt safe again. In the poor light she moved her head back a bit and looked at his face through tear streak eyes. In a way the face looked like Kezzan but in another not like the Kezzan of ten years old, age has added and removed details from it. The former caring face now looks hardened and weather beaten.
Jarrael without thinking it felt salty liquid touch the edge of his lips. That was when he knew tears have been running down his eyes. He was just too overwhelmed for speech. All that goes through his mind was the cry that he never failed the charge given to him by his parents. He stood for a long time without saying anything as he held his long thought lost sister close oblivious to all happening around him, that is until Thrace voice cause a brutal interruption.
“Hey Jarrael it’s always ill luck to allow a woman come along into men’s quest. “ the acolyte spoke moving close to them and sneering with loathsome disapproval. “At least if you were inviting a LovePeddler along, you should have informed us all so we could have arranged for payments so we can all have our way with her, after paying her well of course. Or what do you think Khen? “ he turned to the Kyaki who looked at him with indifference and the Hokunian with a look of shock on his dark face.
In almost lightning fast speed, Meera turned her right fist lashing out and connecting solidly with Thrace’s jaw. The force of the blow knocked the acolyte off his feet and he slammed down heavily on the ground four wide paces behind. Jarrael gently held her back in a gentle restraint as she prepared to follow up her initial attack with more.
“The worst thing you can ever say to lady Thorn her is refer to her as a LovePeddler. “ Jarrael spoke smiling and enjoying the look of embarrassment on the acolyte’s face. “Had I not been her, Thrace, you would now be dead. Besides she is my sister. “
“It is my regard for Ruel that made you not to die from my first strike, you would not survive a second one. “ Meera said as she allowed her brother’s calming interception to pacify her.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
“Hey I’m sorry lady Meera no one told me a woman will be joining us. Seeing a lady coming on us suddenly, I felt Jarrael had finally soften down a bit to consider our other needs as men by employing the services of-“
“One more word out of that pitiful flippant maw of yours and your tongue will decorate my next meal, the thread of your balls will take the place of my necklace. Both actions will solve your mouth disease and your other man’s need as well. “ Meera’s eyes blazed as she spoke which cowed the already sprawled acolyte the more. “Also, it’s Lady Thorn to you, only my brother can call me by my other name. “
Jarrael laughed heartily, something he had not done since after his parents died. “Mer I think da really made mistake on something. “
“What is it Kez that our father made mistake on? “ she turned to him and smiled as her face was away from the others watching.
“He chose me to protect and watch over you. I think you would have done better protecting me. “
She joined Jarrael in the laugh too. “I still think you did an excellent job within the short time you could. "
“Welcome lady Thorn, your coming gladdens my heart too, as I see it gladden my master’s heart. “ Gamba said bowing down.
“Oh thank you very much, Gamba. Thank you for making me feel welcomed. “ she turned to Jarrael her eyes inquiring. “ ‘master’? “
Laughing Jarrael replied. “Don’t worry I’d tell you about it. But first tell me what happened in Aram after I left. Seeing you here now shows whatever happened, was bad. “

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by zesh(m): 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
there combination will be deadly but distracting.
i'm in love with this story. thanks
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Dare2Try(m): 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
Dare2Try a.k.a The Myth is here following appolux bumba 2 bumba, the story keeps getting fascinating every day
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Mutaino7(m): 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
Oh! boy you too much abeg
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
What do u guys think of Thrace attitude? Do u think he is of benefit in any way to the group?
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by siralabai(m): 10:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
Apollux:
What do u guys think of Thrace attitude? Do u think he is of benefit in any way to the group?

He is arrogant, and talks too much for a talent in magic and sorcery, make him add some wisdom: "everything is not what they seem to be, there is more to situations than meets the eye". He of all should know that being conversant with the world of sorcery. Make him learn hard Truths that will develop him to be better in the art, he could be immensely useful later, he only needs some lessons, the talent is there alright, but it needs refinement.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by marvwhite: 10:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
Apollux

i know you probably hear/see this everyday,but #AmYourBiggestFan

#keep the good work sir
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 12:33am On Jul 16, 2017
Apollux:

Omo... I gbadun d way lady thorn entered... Nd fist wey throw thrace four paces away no b here.... Oya continue naa
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 12:34am On Jul 16, 2017
marvwhite:
Apollux

#keep the good work sir

Iffa hear dat word biggest fan again for ur mouth i go slice ur left balls and make breakfast with it.... Capiche?

Na me b no 1 fan... The rest queue for my back
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by marvwhite: 1:03am On Jul 16, 2017
sleemoon:

Iffa hear dat word biggest fan again for ur mouth i go slice ur left balls and make breakfast with it.... Capiche?

Na me b no 1 fan... The rest queue for my back
watin day cause fight na you wan do so o...... I warn you sha
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:04am On Jul 16, 2017
siralabai:

He is arrogant, and talks too much for a talent in magic and sorcery, make him add some wisdom: "everything is not what they seem to be, there is more to situations than meets the eye". He of all should know that being conversant with the world of sorcery. Make him learn hard Truths that will develop him to be better in the art, he could be immensely useful later, he only needs some lessons, the talent is there alright, but it needs refinement.
Ok let me add a tiny bit of information, this will help u understand Thrace better. In their world, sorcery takes a lot of time and discipline to learn and harness much like martial arts today. Now the league of mages is the highlight school of sorcery in all of Ghemmaria headed by the chief magus. Thrace is a young man who naturally possessed what took others years of training and discipline to achieve and to crown it up he was selected as a direct trainee under the chief magus and became his favorite pupil. So he didn't under go the necessary basic training process others went through to get to the stage he is in. Because of his youth and relationship with the magus, he can do some wrong stuff at school and in class but still get away with it without any punishment. Yhat has made him grow arrogant, obnoxious and flippant.
But he has a very unique role to play in their journey. Still.. .. He is just a pain in the... Well somewhere grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 8:27am On Jul 16, 2017
marvwhite:
Apollux

#keep the good work sir
No u are not... Apollux i am
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by marvwhite: 9:57am On Jul 16, 2017
meneski:
No u are not... Apollux i am
watin go cause fight na you day wan do so.... Lala nor fit hold me o grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 10:06am On Jul 16, 2017
marvwhite:
oboy ur own strong ooo...abeg no vex
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
marvwhite:
meneski:
oboy ur own strong ooo...abeg no vex

Na lie... Im no fit do anything na mouth im get jst like Bash Ali... Marvwhite abi na marvelous benji... No try me ooo.... Lala too small to hold me ooo even seun sef no reach.... I ll jst bomb all of us 2geda, no more stories, no more fans.....

Apollux cum update ooo b4 i bomb all of us wey dey dis thread

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by marvwhite: 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
sleemoon:

Na lie... Im no fit do anything na mouth im get jst like Bash Ali... Marvwhite abi na marvelous benji... No try me ooo.... Lala too small to hold me ooo even seun sef no reach.... I ll jst bomb all of us 2geda, no more stories, no more fans.....

Apollux cum update ooo b4 i bomb all of us wey dey dis thread
sleemon

shebi you know that kind eye when David take look Goliath before he blast am with that stone?....... Na that kind eye i take day observe you so,you nor go see the "blasting" coming...... Me make mouth? E good
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tunjilomo(m): 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hmmmmmm,i am just short of words,this is superb.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Matrycx(m): 11:13am On Jul 18, 2017
apollux we are waitin!!!!!!!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2017
I'm a bit busy o
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 11:43am On Jul 18, 2017
Apollux:
I'm a bit busy o
Take your time bro, in d mean time we could use your help on last gang standing's thread
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by donteanz(m): 10:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
egbon Apollux, where hath thou
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by cyber5(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2017
Apollux Apollux, Apollux,
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:41am On Jul 20, 2017
Hi guys, sorry for the delay in updates, will be sending some later in the day.
I just had an idea which I want to pass along. Was thinking of doing a traveler's guide for the world of Ghemmaria, featuring its exotic places, peoples, languagues, customs, history then the funa and flora. I was thinking of also adding the political structures in place at Ghemmaria, then some very notable events that shaped Ghemmaria into what it is today.
For example if you look into the maps, you will notice places like THE SHATTERED STEPS, KREGER'S FIST, DRAGON EYE LAKE and THE RUINS OF KEDESH. All these places have events that brought them about. Though I hinted a little about THE RUINS OF KEDESH here in this story. Also you do hear of things like PANTHEON WAR, THE GODDESS SNAKE QUEEN OF GONDOLA, THE LEAGUE OF MAGES, THE WISE ONES and THE CRAY SISTERS
All these group have political functions in Ghemmaria which won't be stated here. There is a body called the COUNCIL OF FIVE. All these can't be featured here.
So how does the idea of a guided tour into the exotic land of Ghemmaria sound like?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (38) (Reply)

Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / The Most Wanted Maid / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.