Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,453 members, 7,944,255 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:26 PM

Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 (18091 Views)

NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space / A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes / Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 19, 2017
Safely? We hope so!
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:07am On Apr 19, 2017
Its my Birthday today.. please do show me the love been practice here. Likes, shares and wishes will make my day awesome...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by adetony244(m): 8:14am On Apr 19, 2017
mejai:
i suspect north korea missile test o
So, in your opinion, North Korea is involved in this. It's a pity you think in this way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by vantage001: 8:14am On Apr 19, 2017
bro4u:
thank God the word 'safely' is used, am sure advanced countries esp. USA will be preparing to shoot it down if it would be heading its direction, but if it's heading Nigeria's direction that time you'll hear different theories, Fayose will say God is punishing APC govt, oga Lai Mohamed will say its not an asteroid;its an ice block, while Buhari would be preparing to leave the country
lol.
[b]Two US SM-3 missiles will take out an asteroid of that size heading to any US cities. It dosen't even need to enter earth's athmosphere before it get shot to pieces.
The missile will reach it in space and blow the asteroid to pieces.
Btw,I don't think Nigeria will know if asteroid is heading here. They will probably get warned by NASA and the US will help shoot it to pieces for humanitarian purposes(FREE OF CHARGE).
[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by lonelydora: 8:16am On Apr 19, 2017
bro4u:
thank God the word 'safely' is used, am sure advanced countries esp. USA will be preparing to shoot it down if it would be heading its direction, but if it's heading Nigeria's direction that time you'll hear different theories, Fayose will say God is punishing APC govt, oga Lai Mohamed will say its not an asteroid;its an ice block, while Buhari would be preparing to leave the country

Can't stop laughing
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by ITbomb(m): 8:18am On Apr 19, 2017
All these asteroids flying about, where do they come from and where are they going
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Bahddo(m): 8:21am On Apr 19, 2017
uzoclinton:
don't believe everything white men say
You no dey shame. Why do black men wait for white men to find out stuff and tell them? Do white men have two heads?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by back2sender: 8:26am On Apr 19, 2017
uzoclinton:
We know your type, Alfa Sule followers!.
Anything that will make you Use your brain naa wahala. Oyibo people thank you for the knowledge advancement, my people put thier trust in con men pastors
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by GoodMuyis(m): 8:38am On Apr 19, 2017
Where is north Korea when you need them most, 1 lunch of missile will shatter that black smoky rock
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by DJMCOTTY(m): 8:46am On Apr 19, 2017
Chei!! They don dey follow me from village again undecided
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by vickylincon(m): 8:51am On Apr 19, 2017
bro4u:
lols...but Na only Hollywood such dey happen o
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by esperon25: 8:54am On Apr 19, 2017
I had a dream last night as well of some celestial body shaking things up on earth, and I'm just seeing this story about the imminent asteroid...As you said, let us pray.
sustainable:
wow. I had a dream that the world agencies are not telling us enough about this comet cus in my dream the comet touched the Earth and caused damages. just pray and stay close to your loved one. cus I believe in what I saw.
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by ikp120(m): 9:01am On Apr 19, 2017
sustainable:
wow. I had a dream that the world agencies are not telling us enough about this comet cus in my dream the comet touched the Earth and caused damages. just pray and stay close to your loved one. cus I believe in what I saw.
Bro when last did you go for Malaria check up? undecided undecided undecided

Even me go fit look at car wey dey pass and estimate the speed with at least 95% accuracy, talk more of people using sophisticated devices and softwares to measure distance and maximum drift of objects in space for their course.

Abeg stop feeding on conspiracy theories. Nothing, I repeat nothing will happen. If it will happen, I should already be aware of that.
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by ikp120(m): 9:14am On Apr 19, 2017
softwerk:
I just hope they did their calculations right at NASA?! lipsrsealed
NASA doesn't do the calculations, special computers are dedicated to that.
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by columbus007(m): 9:23am On Apr 19, 2017
Maybe it's rock God is trying to use.
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by uvalued(m): 9:24am On Apr 19, 2017
uzoclinton:
NASA fooling people ... i dont beleve their ish since i discovered that no one was in the challenger that blew up in 1986... the crew are alive

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Butterworth: 9:25am On Apr 19, 2017
I guess Nigerians who spotted it will rush to church and starts praying and confessing their sins to their imaginary god thinking that their imaginary END TIME has come.

Nigeria is full of RELIGIOUS NUTJUBS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by mejai(m): 9:29am On Apr 19, 2017
adetony244:
So, in your opinion, North Korea is involved in this. It's a pity you think in this way
why pity me wen i am catching my fun as everyone does here. Guy, free me. I wan think like dat.
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by ashawopikin(m): 9:32am On Apr 19, 2017
sustainable:

1 Like

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 19, 2017
Cool...
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by bamdly(m): 9:37am On Apr 19, 2017
which time is it morning afternoon evening or night
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Elkay3: 9:51am On Apr 19, 2017
sustainable:

Should we sides with you? Or the world agencies?
Did you "had a dream that the world agencies are not telling us enough truth about the comet" OR you dreamt of the comet?
By the way, I hope you've woke up now?
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:56am On Apr 19, 2017
damiplovR:
Story. We are wiser now with the hoax on d shape of the earth and mission to the moon

Until he land for your papa roof abi
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 19, 2017
Abeg for this stori which of una give a tboss!?
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by ozoneboy(m): 11:12am On Apr 19, 2017
bro4u:
thank God the word 'safely' is used, am sure advanced countries esp. USA will be preparing to shoot it down if it would be heading its direction, but if it's heading Nigeria's direction that time you'll hear different theories, Fayose will say God is punishing APC govt, oga Lai Mohamed will say its not an asteroid;its an ice block ;, while Buhari would be preparing to leave the country

grin
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by ameh99: 11:34am On Apr 19, 2017
just imagine this asteroid eventually collides with earth grin

so.... for all of yah who has stash hard currencies somewhere, grin

should better go and bring them out now for us to start spending while there's still timegrin grin grin ;

you never can tell this might be the end of the worldgrin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by odiokay: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2017
sustainable:
OK you try well well
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by dimssy(m): 11:53am On Apr 19, 2017
who remembers chicken invaders?......this reminds me of the game.
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by ghost3040: 11:56am On Apr 19, 2017
This Asteroid too like waka waka sef...where e dey go?
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
uzoclinton:

Fact

1 Like

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2017
back2sender:

We know your type, Alfa Sule followers!.
Anything that will make you Use your brain naa wahala. Oyibo people thank you for the knowledge advancement, my people put thier trust in con men pastors
if you really think about it, you'll find out that actually you are the one who isn't using his brain...
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by ibolomo(m): 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
bro4u:
Actually, you can't "shoot down" an asteroid.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Basic Concepts Of Quantum Physics / MTN Free Browsing On Android/pc [working!] / Choosing Best Deep Cycle Batteries For Your Solar And Inverter System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.