Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,096 members, 7,880,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:03 PM

United States Of Nigeria Vs Biafra (division ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United States Of Nigeria Vs Biafra (division ) (413 Views)

The Nigeria Vs Biafra Story In Pictures; 1967 - 2017 - Pic / This CNN 1968 Documentary About Nigeria VS Biafra War Will Shock You [VIDEO] / Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

United States Of Nigeria Vs Biafra (division ) by pinkcottoncandy: 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
TO THE YOUTHS OF NIGERIA!!

All those youths who are against restructuring of our government, we all know the system as it is is not working to benefit us talkless of our children or generations to come.

As an alternative, have you ever stopped to think of the benefits of restructuring?....instead of drawing conclusions from beer parlor politicians of why Nigeria should remain the way it is.

In my opinion, Nigeria should be restructured to follow the United States Government System...into UNITED STATES OF NIGERIA, where each state will have:

1) Its own Independent government with its own elected legislature,(even if such legislature will be under the umbrella of the federal government - This will take into account each tribal cultures which I think is one of the biggest issues in Nigeria - So that anyone going to live or do business in a state will know what they are getting themselves into.

2) Each state will be able to issue its own municipal bonds to raise capital for its state projects like building roads,schools, hospitals etc

3) Instead of waiting for federal hand outs, Each state will be able to create its own business friendly laws and harness its own resources and taxes to develop the state and create employment for the youths.

4) Each state will be able to have its own industry.....with business friendly laws, they can invite foreign brands, whose goods are imported into the country, to come establish their factory in Nigeria...if not their goods will be banned from the country. That way OUR goods will be made by Nigerians and consumed by Nigerians....JOBS WILL BE YAKATA

I am sure there are loads of benefits, but I have highlighted these three to get the conversation going.

Youths, Every corner you look....everyone is selling the same thing, every body is roasting plantain and fish,as a result, they go to juju up and down to undo their competition.

We look down on our own made in Nigeria products...VERY STUPID indeed.

I remember my German neighbor when I was younger....who bought made in ABA sandals ...he was amazed...he was like " SUCH HIGH QUALITY...I CAN USE THIS FOR 4 YEARS"

Imagine the lifecycle of a toothpick made in

CHINA

1 The farmers that grow the bambooo ---Jobs
2 The labourers that cut the bamaboo ---Jobs
3 Those that transport bamboo to factory ---jobs
4) Those that manufacture the toothpick ---jobs
5) Packing the toothpick for shipment ---jobs
6) Transporting the toothpicks to ship ---Jobs

WHEN THE GOODS GET TO NIGERIA WHAT WE GET FOR CONSUMING THESE GOODS IS HIGH INFLATED PRICES DUE TO MIDDLEMEN...AND WE WILL BE CRYING DOLLAR!!!...MTCHHHHEEEEEEWWWWWW...as if dollar is our currency

Just toothpick alone creates at least 50,000 Jobs for the Chinese....you can imagine all the other products we use in Nigeria....

PLEASE...LET US USE OUR BRAINS FOR ONCE.

If only one person can steal $9 million...the other $45 million....that is only 2 people stole almost $60 million....out of over 100,000 fat bellied politicians....there will never be hope for us youths as long as things remain the way they are.

RESTRUCTURING IS THE ONLY WAY OUT
Re: United States Of Nigeria Vs Biafra (division ) by gentlepraise(m): 7:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
It is only d northerners that 're afraid of restructuring or dividing d country.

Igbos can survive independently,

Yorubas can survive independently.

But Hausas are d parasites sucking Nigeria dry without any meaningful input from their region.

1 Like

Re: United States Of Nigeria Vs Biafra (division ) by Igboesika: 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
Noooooo!!. Restructuring is not the way out.
This country must be thorn into pieces!! Biafrans want to have their own special country because,I have nothing in common with @bokis neither I do with afonja muslins. Afonjas should have their Oduduwa while @bokis should have their Arewa ..nothing more nothing less.

1 Like

Re: United States Of Nigeria Vs Biafra (division ) by pinkcottoncandy: 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
The aim is to remain as one...(breaking up will cause more problems of sharing resources)

so each state can contribute to itself.....

so that performing states can be used as benchmark for other states and the people to hold their leaders to action.

progress can easily be monitored.

e.g Which one is waiting for federal government to repair road that will never be repaired and lives will continue to be lost...instead each state will repair up to his boundary and the other state repair the other half.

make federal government rest small...let them siddon look as the country will develop under 10 years
Re: United States Of Nigeria Vs Biafra (division ) by Alisegun(m): 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Fayose Offers Corp Member Who Begged Him For A Photo, Employment (photos) / You Were Supposed To Be The Next Governor-davido Still Mourning His Uncle / Must Read: Important Information From Abia State To Every Nigerian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.