Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,596 members, 7,911,556 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:17 PM

Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) (44176 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Exercising With His Church Members (Photos) / Reverend King's Birthday Celebrated On Newspaper By His Church Members (Photos) / David Ibiyeomie Gifts Hyundai Cars To Members (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by FriendNG: 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
The bible doesn't encourage drinking alcohol.

Be ye not drunk with wine........Ephes.5:18

Don't assume.

So do you agree Alcohol is a sin.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2017
FriendNG:

So do you agree Alcohol is a sin.
The bible teaches so.Why have you assumed all this while Christianity encourages taking alcohol?
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 7:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Of course yes. Do you understand the emphasis added by gotquestions.com?
got questions.com is what version of the bible?
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
The bible doesn't encourage drinking alcohol.

Be ye not drunk with wine. .......Ephes.5:18

Don't assume.

The bolded is totally different from 'don't drink'.

The Bible describes wine as a gift from God that can make life more enjoyable. Read, Psalm 104:15. Why are you shying away from what the Bible encourages?
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
sirfee:
Explain this verse Quran 38:44 "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it,and do not break your oath "Allah telling Job to beat his wife(Tafsir)

For your information;I'm a deist.
I don't have anything to tell you any longer cos your head is not straight
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
got questions.com is what version of the bible?

Stop shying away from what's obvious. The Bible sees nothing wrong with alcohol. Even Jesus drank it. The Bible only frowns at abusing it.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2017
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Stop shying away from what's obvious. The Bible sees nothing wrong with alcohol. Even Jesus drank it. The Bible only frowns at abusing it.
Have you seen nonalcoholic wine before?
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rilwayne001:

The bolded is totally different from 'don't drink'.

The Bible describes wine as a gift from God that can make life more enjoyable. Read, Psalm 104:15. Why are you shying away from what the Bible encourages?
I don't see alcohol in Psalm 104:15.Are there not wine without alcohol?Medical science even says that wine is good for the heart.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by FriendNG: 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
The bible teaches so.Why have you assumed all this while Christianity encourages taking alcohol?

Because you people tell me so. You (Christian) justify it by quoting what goes in goes out.

But rilwan is dealing with u on this Case, so let me wait first.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by akigbemaru: 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
henryanna36:
As shared by Zambezi Reporters....

'Pastor Bugingo Burns Thousands of Holy Bibles at Makerere Kikoni

City Pastor Aloysius Bugingo of House of Prayer ministries located in Makerere, Kikoni, on Easter Monday set thousands of Holy Bibles ablaze because they are ‘misleading’ his congregation. The congregation consists of people from all works of life
but has a majority of campus students that hail from
Makerere University and institutes of higher learning in Wandegeya.

The Salt FM and TV proprietor has over time condemned the use of ‘edited’ versions of the Bible. He says that Bibles like The King Jame’s version, the New Testament, The Good News Bible have been tampered with and some verses omitted.Pastor Bugingo says that the lines talking about the Fasting and Lent, in general, were erased and that the word “ Holy Ghost ” appears a whopping 99 times yet the word “Holy Spirit” appears only seven times. He, therefore, requested members of his congregation to collect all the said Bible versions and set them ablaze.

Pastor Bugingo Pastor Bugingo enjoys a crowd of between 3000 to 6000 people who attend prayers at his church on a daily.Bugingo also says that he has a crowd of between 10,000 to 15,000 followers in his congregation on Sundays'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/04/ugandan-pastor-burns-thousands-of.html
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2017
thorpido:
Have you seen nonalcoholic wine before?

Yes. But Jesus in Luke was drinking a fermented wine hence his reason for telling the Jews to not assume that he's a drunkard. Or do you get high on nonalcoholic wine?

Besides we can safely assume that the water he turned to wine at the feast as according to John was Also a fermented wine, basically because it's tradition in Jewish wedding ceremony to serve fermented wine and, if Jesus had provided only grape juice, the master of the feast would have complained. Instead, he said the wine was better than what was previously served; it was apparently a fermented wine.

thorpido:
I don't see alcohol in Psalm 104:15.Are there not wine without alcohol?Medical science even says that wine is good for the heart.

If only you are going to have an open mind,you'd see that the wine Jesus took in Luke has alcohol. And that of the Passover sef. The more reason while Catholic still use alcoholic wine to celebrate the Passover till this day.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by sirfee(m): 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
bamidelee:

I don't have anything to tell you any longer cos your head is not straight
You are a schmuck,what do you have to say about the above text.You are very fast in condemning other religion,meanwhile you have your own shortcomings.You can only threaten the christians,atheists,hindus,buddhists but not a deist like me.Religion is the opium of the masses,when are you going to join Isis to fight for your god?IPUFFI...

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 10:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
FriendNG:

Because you people tell me so. You (Christian) justify it by quoting what goes in goes out.

But rilwan is dealing with u on this Case, so let me wait first.
What justification are you talking about?What people say is not authomatically what the scripture teaches.

What is the meaning of deal? undecided
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by thorpido(m): 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Yes. But Jesus in Luke was drinking a fermented wine hence his reason for telling the Jews to not assume that he's a drunkard. Or do you get high on nonalcoholic wine?

Besides we can safely assume that the water he turned to wine at the feast as according to John was Also a fermented wine, basically because it's tradition in Jewish wedding ceremony to serve fermented wine and, if Jesus had provided only grape juice, the master of the feast would have complained. Instead, he said the wine was better than what was previously served; it was apparently a fermented wine.

If only you are going to have an open mind,you'd see that the wine Jesus took in Luke has alcohol. And that of the Passover sef. The more reason while Catholic still use alcoholic wine to celebrate the Passover till this day.
You're assuming.
Do you know what fermentation entails?If Jesus turned water to wine at the wedding,are you saying the miracle also included the miracle of fermentation since it was instant?

The master of the feast commented that the wine was better because of the quality and not because it intoxicated.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Daboomb: 8:59am On Apr 22, 2017
bamidelee:

bros can you show us the original manuscript pls
then lemme ask you this. Is Jesus a Jew or?
what was the language the spoke

Or What?
Go to the Museum of Bible manuscripts or Google it .....l am not in the habit of spoon-feeding so-called "educated" adults who cant read. undecided undecided

Maybe you think it is just written on a single page of paper! angry
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by mu2sa2: 6:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
HungerBAD:
Wow.

He ordered thousands of Bibles to be burnt?Christianity is indeed a very tolerant religion.

If he had ordered that a "Crayon" should be used to write something on top of the Quran,the Country as a wbole would have been burning,and there will be a World wide Protests from Nigeria to the UK,And from Yemen to Pakistan.

But again,I do not blame him. I blame the 15,000 people that this Pastor hoodwinks every Sunday.

And while he is busy burning Bibles,Why don't he also help us write one? Since he is not pleased with the ones around.

Why must you drag another religion to your own wahala? If you like make u burn all your books, wetin concern sane people of other religion.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by meobizy(f): 7:15pm On Dec 24, 2019
Now that is a man with sense. He should free himself from the shackles of religion while at it. It’ll make his life better off.
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by uthlaw: 1:03am On Dec 25, 2019
HungerBAD:
Wow.

He ordered thousands of Bibles to be burnt?Christianity is indeed a very tolerant religion.

If he had ordered that a "Crayon" should be used to write something on top of the Quran,the Country as a wbole would have been burning,and there will be a World wide Protests from Nigeria to the UK,And from Yemen to Pakistan.

But again,I do not blame him. I blame the 15,000 people that this Pastor hoodwinks every Sunday.

And while he is busy burning Bibles,Why don't he also help us write one? Since he is not pleased with the ones around.Dont bring Islam to this....face your pastor that is talking about the religion of Paul which is for business purposes....we have 72 different Bibles around the world,amend your religion before talking about Islam!
Re: Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) by Vicoymi: 7:50am On Dec 06, 2021
OkpekeBeauty:

whereas I could have clarified these issues but seeing its coming from a Muslim there's no need. I better believe the Bible with "errors" and live in peace with others than read the "error-free" Quran and become a terror to my world. seeing what Quran has cause the world governments should have mandated its printers to include a disclaimer in its first page that some who have read this book have ended up killing many and you should thread with caution. but if they try it many more will loose their lives in protest.
just be there pointing errors in writing and not errors in living
God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Eba And Soup Used As Communion In Church (video) / My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today / Pastor Enenche: 'Evil Wind Brought Corona Virus, It Will Expire In 21 Days’

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.