Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,756 members, 7,879,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:32 PM

Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers (12590 Views)

Interesting Blog Design For Best Global Support / Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by MaxyBrown(m): 8:06am On Jan 07, 2010
I used to frequent this forum as a visitor but at some point I felt a strong urge to become a registered member. This was informed by the thouhgt that a forum like this could be a very good avenue for well meaning NIGERIANS to rally, exchange constructive views and form a voice that could bring change. I must say however that I am so much amazed at the level of insensitivity and maybe immaturity exhibited by our people.

A Nigerian just got our name on a bad list and we are angry. In the middle of this, another Nigerian just got us on a good book- literarilly and all some people would do is tongelash. The poster may have affixed a rather sanguine title. That does not change the fact that we all need to say 'welldone' to the young man inspite of the poor educational system we know we have. This would encourage even younger minds to look up to record to break, knowing that IT IS POSSIBLE.

I think people who feel they have so much to offer should start doing so by deeds rather than whittling down the effort of others.(Nobody has yet become greater by belittling others.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by oluite(f): 8:21am On Jan 07, 2010
Geez!why is a simple appreciation so hard nairalanders?whether it's a feat or it isn't OR it's extraordinary or it isn't.Kehinde did good and a simple Kehinde u did good will do.He read computer science in Nigerian Uni where you are taught Fotran and cobol n other ancient stuff and he was able to achieve this.It's a good achievement peeps! So i say Kehinde u did good!
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by AloyEmeka9: 8:23am On Jan 07, 2010
bk_baybe99:

umm aloy, do u think maybe your computer is old modelled? probably runs on diesel? lol. listen enter the name in the search engine and thats what i got, big deal. whoa, hold up, is the robber dude a pal of urs?

Still better than yours that runs on tribal urine.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Vavavoom(m): 9:08am On Jan 07, 2010
Sensationalisation is nothing new to journalism, in fact it is on such premise that it thrives and a tool used the world over by many a jurno. Is it right? Who could say. We all tell our different stories in the way we see, most times to catch the attention of the reader at a glance. The real story we get and therefrom discern the writer's/teller's real intent. It's mostly psychological and used to sell the story.

Now to the issue: ''Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, amongst best global IT developers'', while it may not be a big deal in the westcos thier environment by default allows them to develop such with ease and to some ''erudite'' 9jarians who ask us kini big deal? It is to many of us who see the domino impact this can make when channelled into small biz in 9ja yet to xperience the impact of IT.
There are long and ever-present queues in our banking halls the nation over, please can someone get me the contact of Kehinde to see what he can do to ease the delivery service as it concerns cheque-for-cash issuance faster with an ATM-like system. I mean a machine that can read the barcode on cheques and pay one cash without human intervention. Any takers are welcome.

Yesterday someone was belittling 9ja on Nairaland saying satnav(GARMIN) in cars in 9ja is a waste of time and can only lead to misdirection of its users. I was very happy to hear many chaps tell him/her to update his/her brain as we are applying ourselves usefully in the transfer of techiee on personal levels. 9ja may not be good like the way we desire it, surely not first rate amongst the A-level countries, but on individual achievements I can only say bravo to the many out there fighting and putting our name on the map of the small good, bravo Kehinde.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by bong4(m): 9:19am On Jan 07, 2010
Let us for once celebrate something good coming from Nigeria. We are involved in a plane bomb attempt, blacklisted by the western world, with a missing president, senators fighting over their personal greed etc These events are bad enough so we deserve some good news. We need more of this guy. Only hope our Eagles will make us smile at Angola and South Africa.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Wrex(m): 9:27am On Jan 07, 2010
texazzpete ,Kobojunkie,nethacker,Boboribo,ade2kay and others condeming this guy,what great thing have you guys achieved?, you guys are just jealous and have nothing to offer us, all you do is post silly comments, bad belle angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by logica(m): 9:31am On Jan 07, 2010
Unbelievable. So there are actually this number of active users on the Programming forum, yet most threads will only see 2/3 posts?
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by totorimi: 9:37am On Jan 07, 2010
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b][flash=200,200][/flash]KUDOS KEHINDE, talk is cheap most people critising that is their stuck in trade. They will never see any good thing but if on the other hand now the heading is 'Nigerian comes last in Oracle competition' trust them to open another round of basketmouth. It is true empty barrels make the loudest noise.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by wunmilyn(f): 9:39am On Jan 07, 2010
am happy for him. congrat!
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Kx: 9:41am On Jan 07, 2010
Another poor man pikin with "local" education-olabisi onabanjo university,
bringing accolades and praise to nigeria.

What does the rich men pikin with "worldclass" education-UCH,London,bring us:
shame and terrorist status.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:56am On Jan 07, 2010
Congrats, wink
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by greateliso(m): 10:22am On Jan 07, 2010
Am impressed by this guy's HANDIWORK ! he's good.
i would like to be like him & more than him
well done Bro.

God Bless 9ija!
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by martyns303(m): 10:35am On Jan 07, 2010
Wats d problem with my 9ja peeps? Atleast dis boy achieved something not only for himself but the country as well, notice he schooled in 9ja so our education is not a total garbage. N y'll sayin 'wat record did he break' i say go Bleep urself, wat would u prefer another abdul farouk?
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by chelseabmw(m): 10:38am On Jan 07, 2010
weldone
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by AloyEmeka9: 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2010
Kx:

Another poor man pikin with "local" education-olabisi onabanjo university,
bringing accolades and praise to nigeria.

What does the rich men pikin with "worldclass" education-UCH,London,bring us:
shame and terrorist status.

Yesoooo
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2010
A prophet is not known in his own land

Celebrating people like kehinde will only encourage them to do more good

Who knows if we can successfully get our acts together in this country and encourage the 1001 Nigerians in the diaspora who are just as skilled and talented as Kehinde to return home such noble and outstanding achievements will be continuously replicated here

Thumbs up Kehinde!!!
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Dammyray(m): 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2010
A Nigerian just got our name on a bad list and we are angry. In the middle of this, another Nigerian just got us on a good book- literarilly and all some people would do is tongelash. The poster may have affixed a rather sanguine title. That does not change the fact that we all need to say 'welldone' to the young man inspite of the poor educational system we know we have. This would encourage even younger minds to look up to record to break, knowing that IT IS POSSIBLE.

I think people who feel they have so much to offer should start doing so by deeds rather than whittling down the effort of others.(Nobody has yet become greater by belittling others.

God Bless Nigeria.
[quote][/quote]

Thanks jare Maxy, Leave bad belles alone, tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Well done Mr Kenny
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Redman44(m): 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2010
Congrats, Mr Kehinde Adeyemi. There are a lot of Nigerians doing amazing things to put Nigeria on the world map positively. I'm happy that Kehinde schooled in Nigeria. I'm also a graduate of the Nigerian University system and I know my worth and what I'm doing and what I can do smiley smiley People should stop condemning the Nigerian Educational System. Yeah, the system is not good enough but we should be careful about generalizing. I have come across Nigerians who studied in British and American Universities, and when we hold conversations, I discover that a good number of them don't really know what they want to do with their lives. They just want to get a decent job and fit in with the system in the country they live in. They're not innovative or entrepreneurial in thought and action.

Guys and gals like Kehinde Adeyemi ought to placed on the front pages or centre spread of our newspapers. As an undergraduate at the University of Ibadan, I noticed that a lot of students were not making 100% use of books and educational materials at the Univeristy's main, faculty and departmental libraries.  UI's libraries are updated from time to time. I saw a lot of current journals at the main library on almost every course offered in the University. It was painful to note that many of the students just relied on lecturers notes or on glorified handouts [ Hastily compiled handouts which are printed as books ]. They made no effort to carry out their own personal research using the books in the library or good stuff on the web. Nigerian students, Undergraduate and Post Graduate students have to share part of the blame when they come out half-baked from our higher institutions.  Personal Development counts if one wants to be successful in life.  We also need to visit our schools personally to see what is going on there, before coming to hasty conclusions on this thread. Cheers.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by crudedude(m): 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2010
.LWKMD!most of d gbege wey de happen hia na becuz oga journalist no tune d english wel,
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by shollyaj(m): 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2010
THUMBS UP Kenny Adeyemi, We proud of You.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by ilosiwaju: 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2010
it's a good thing but its being overrated. if we really want to be global players, we should focus on doing great stuffs, not clamouring for first african or first nigerian to do this and that. the more we do this overrating stuff, the more we are agreeing to be dumb people as such achievements like these send us gaga.
in one of his performances, chris rock said
a black man wants credit for normal things, u hear him sayin: av neva been to jail,man!(you should not be in jail, suc.ker. I pay my kid's school fees men, who should do that for you

it's a good thing, we should aim at not making things like this a national issue by being better achievers in all endeavours. i wonder what you want philip emeagwali to say if you call this an IT record.

i can smell envy and jealousy here
this will be the dumbest post in january, nobody as far as i see is envious.
wink
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by alex406(m): 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2010
Kudos to kehinde,he really pulled the trigger on the platform that suits Nigeria as a society.How come he maneuvered through our poor educational system to build up a great talent he got.In fact he really deserves to work with Oracle.I wish him good luck,he has emerged as a great man.
Bad belle people,make una do una own make we clap for you.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by ade2kay(m): 3:42pm On Jan 07, 2010
ilosiwaju:

it's a good thing but its being overrated. if we really want to be global players, we should focus on doing great stuffs, not clamouring for first african or first nigerian to do this and that. the more we do this overrating stuff, the more we are agreeing to be dumb people as such achievements like these send us gaga.
in one of his performances, chris rock said
it's a good thing, we should aim at not making things like this a national issue by being better achievers in all endeavours. i wonder what you want philip emeagwali to say if you call this an IT record.
this will be the dumbest post in january, nobody as far as i see is envious.
wink

My guy, God bless you real good, Most sensible post so far on this thread.

Make dem dey shout for one small achievement.
The journalist suppose go celebrate am inside him room, instead of letting opening up his arse for ridicule.

Wrex:

texazzpete ,Kobojunkie,nethacker,Boboribo,ade2kay and others condeming this guy,what great thing have you guys achieved?, you guys are just jealous and have nothing to offer us, all you do is post silly comments, bad belle angry angry angry angry

Guy, if you have written one single application in your life, you wont be moved by the guy's "so called" achievement.

I started writing codes at age 14, became a graduate at age 19 out of this same Nigerian system.
I can code in over 7 languages fluently.

Instead of sitting down to claim bragging rights, i'd rather move forward and keep learning.

Just because everyone here doesnt flaunt their credentials doesnt mean we dont have stuff.

Abegi !, go siddon.

orisirisi
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Meldrick(m): 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2010
ade2kay:

Guy, if you have written one single application in your life, you wont be moved by the guy's "so called" achievement.

I started writing codes at age 14, became a graduate at age 19 out of this same Nigerian system.
I can code in over 7 languages fluently.

Instead of sitting down to claim bragging rights, i'd rather move forward and keep learning.

Just because everyone here doesnt flaunt their credentials doesnt mean we dont have stuff.

Abegi !, go siddon.

orisirisi

With all your codes(written and unwritten) nobody know you. There has been no reason for nigerians to celebrate you. Guy you be local champion. Go sleep.

You know failures through their speech, writings. Failures don't like to go down alone, they always prefer pulling someone along with them. Instead of congratulating this guy, some people are bragging over the achiement they made in their room. We have never heard anything about them apart from been opportuned to register free on Nairaland and post rubbish.

Kehind Adeyemi, More grease to your elbow. I pray you achieve more.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2010
Thank God a Nigerian is doing us proud at this time when some stupid jihadist has put us all in Shame and brought out country into disrepute.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by logica(m): 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2010
ilosiwaju:

it's a good thing but its being overrated, i wonder what you want philip emeagwali to say if you call this an IT record.
It's seems you haven't gotten the memo, but Emeagwali himself is at best overrated and at worst a fraud.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-19285.0.html
http://chippla..com/2005/12/is-philip-emeagwali-fake.html
http://www33.brinkster.com/iiiii/inventions/emeag.html

http://chxta..com/2006/04/is-philip-emeagwali-fake.html

It seems it is actually the Emeagwali experience that makes a lot of people to quickly call any achievement hype to order.
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by samsanyus(m): 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2010
Let's celebrate kehinde Adeyemi, what do you want to say about Farouk Abdulmuttallab that threw our precious nigrian heritage into the mud. How I wish Obama can take this serious as he took farouk's case serious. Don't worry kehinde, sky is the limit
Re: Nigerian, Kehinde Adeyemi, Among Best Global IT Developers by ilosiwaju: 6:26pm On Jan 07, 2010
where is my post? una don start.
whichever moderator deleted my post is just a buffoon. what is your problem?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Future Of Machine Learning In Nigeria / CODELAGOS: 337 Schools To Participate In Coding Competition / Integrating Your Website With Interswitch Payment Gateway For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.