Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,795 members, 7,875,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

I Am Very Proud Of My Heritage As An African-yemi Alade - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Am Very Proud Of My Heritage As An African-yemi Alade (382 Views)

Annie Idibia: 'I Am Proud Of My Scars & Stretch Marks' - Actress Replies Fan / Victoria Kimani Twerks For Yemi Alade (photos) / Sarkodie Replies Yemi Alade Over Her Claims On Him Disgracing Her Three Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Very Proud Of My Heritage As An African-yemi Alade by akelicious(m): 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
Yemi Alade, has practically conquered the African continent and it seems she won’t rest until she adds the rest of the world to her empire.
Alade is known to sing in different languages including Yoruba, English, Igbo, French, and Swahili, among others. Expressing her love for African culture, she told Sunday Scoop how being from two different tribes has helped her career. “You cannot underestimate the importance and role of tribes in Nigeria as it is taken very seriously. I am very proud of my heritage as an African and I try to portray in every way that I can and everywhere I go. Being partly Yoruba and Igbo is a big plus for me as it has helped me to connect with both cultures. However, I believe that both cultures are inextricably intertwined because they share a lot of similarities,” she said.Yemi also stated that her first hit, Johnny was released by mistake. She said, “I was in the studio with Selebobo and we were just goofing around trying to come up with a nice sound.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/04/i-am-very-proud-of-my-heritage-as.html

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe's Husband In Kirikiri Prison As HeCould Not Meet The Bail Conditions / Tuface Idibia Threatens To Sue Ex Plantazium Boyz Member To Court / Wizkid Nominated For Seven Billboard Music Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.