Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,355 members, 7,974,485 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 05:49 AM

Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) (1447 Views)

Nigerian Stock Market Gains N434bn To Close N11.83tr In February / Quality Corn For Making Popcorn Available For Sales, Price Is N11,000 FOR 25KG / 50kg Bag Of Rice Now Sells For N8,000 In Ebonyi – CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) by FriendNG: 11:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
A foundation has started selling rice at the rate of N11,000 - The foundation sells the rice at lower price against the higher price being sold by other rice sellers.

A Non-governmental organization, Sudais Foundation has started selling a bag of rice at the rate of N11,000 in Kaduna as against the market price of N17,000, as hundreds of people gathered at Gamagira road by Kasuwan bacci round about to buy the rice.

NAIJ.com ’s visit to the place where the foundation was selling the rice revealed that the selling started on Monday April 17. In an encounter with NAIJ.com , one Abdulwasiu said:

"the selling of the rice at cheaper rate started last Monday by a business man under his foundation called Sudais foundation but by Tuesday last week, business men heard about him and reported him to police for selling the rice below market price.

“The man was arrested by the police, people followed him to the police station and after 3 days, the police released him and the selling of the rice continues".

"If you want to buy the rice, you have to pay N11, 000 and collect receipt, you then present the receipt to the people giving the rice and if they verify your payment they give you the rice.”

https://www.naij.com/1100822-good-news-bag-rice-sold-n11000-kaduna.html

Re: Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) by CoolFreeday(m): 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nice development
Re: Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) by Earth2Metahuman: 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
Rice was 8 thousand 3years ago
Nothing to celebrate yet. We will celebrate when it goes lower or purchasing power increases.

1 Like

Re: Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) by FriendNG: 11:28pm On Apr 22, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
Rice was 8 thousand 3years ago

Nothing to celebrate yet.
We will celebrate when it goes lower or purchasing power increases.

Whether you like or not there is something to celebrate. The rice sold @8k was a foreign rice. For the first time ever Nigeria is feeding itself.

Remember the rice was sold 22,000 down to 18 and now 11. Change is a gradual process.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) by Earth2Metahuman: 11:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
FriendNG:

Whether you like or not there is something to celebrate. The rice sold @8k was a foreign rice. For the first time ever Nigeria is feeding itself.

Remember the rice was sold 22,000 down to 18 and now 11. Change is a gradual process.
I still don't see the so called local rice.
Most rice I see in the market are smuggled foreign rice, That's why the price of rice keeps rising and falling with dollars.

1 Like

Re: Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) by hungryboy(m): 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
FriendNG:

abeg stop celebrating when there is no reason to celebrate abeg,

Rice being sold by one Philanthropist in Kaduna for 11k for a few days
Is not something we should be celebrating

This is just a one off bonanza that won't even last up to a week ,

I bet by the time,
Thousands in Kaduna hear about this bonanza and go looking for the 11k cheap rice to buy ,
Our "philanthropist" won't be able to take the losses anymore , and will lock shop and relocate to a new location

1 Like

Re: Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) by FriendNG: 11:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
hungryboy:
abeg stop celebrating when there is no reason to celebrate abeg,

Rice being sold by one Philanthropist in Kaduna for 11k for a few days
Is not something we should be celebrating

This is just a one off bonanza that won't even last up to a week ,

I bet by the time,
Thousands in Kaduna hear about this bonanza and go looking for the 11k cheap rice to buy ,
Our "philanthropist" won't be able to take the losses anymore , and will lock shop and relocate to a new location

Your name said it all hungryboy.
Re: Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) by FriendNG: 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
I still don't see the so called local rice.
Most rice I see in the market are smuggled foreign rice, That's why the price of rice keeps rising and falling with dollars.

The local is something I have been eating. So you can come up with another story.
Re: Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) by Earth2Metahuman: 11:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
FriendNG:

The local is something I have been eating. So you can come up with another story.
good for you.

I don't see the local rice.
You come with another story.
Re: Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) by ojun50(m): 12:08am On Apr 23, 2017
Hw many people eat d local rice

1 Like

Re: Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) by 989900: 5:48am On Apr 23, 2017
FriendNG:

Stop talking to 'stoopid' people.

1 Like

Re: Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) by bennymark(m): 6:48am On Apr 23, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: Bag Of Rice Is Now Sold For N11,000 In Kaduna State (Pic) by Jj222(f): 7:56am On Apr 23, 2017
During the time of GEJ rice was sold for 7k .till I start buying my normal 7k or even less DAT is wen we all will celebrate.

(1) (Reply)

Earn Cash With Dmclub / Craigslist Leads For Getting Addresses ? Lets Make A Deal ! / Card Maintenance! I Think The Issue Should Be Address Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.