Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,380 members, 7,881,364 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:51 PM

Far Country - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Far Country (326 Views)

It's Christmas Eve! Share Your Experience So Far / The 2017 Worship Songs That Have Made Your Year So Far? / Satan How Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Far Country by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 24, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* MONDAY, APRIL 24, 2017

*Topic:* FAR COUNTRY
*Read:* LUKE 15:11-16

*MEMORISE:* _And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together, journeyed to a far country, and there wasted his possessions with prodigal living._ *(Luke 15:13)*

*EXPOSITION*
If you are to name some far countries, from your own standpoint, you would surely, have a long list. Why? It is glaring, for instance, that UK and US are far away countries from Nigeria. Even within your country, there are many cities and towns that take a lot of hours, if not days, to connect, by road, air and water.

The spiritual far country is, in the context of the parable of the prodigal son, anywhere one is, that makes one's heart far away from God. It sometimes happens inside the church! Many come to church, listen to teachings and profess with their mouths, but their hearts are far away from God! *(cf. Isaiah 29:13)*. The prodigal son thought he was wise to travel out of his country, with his father's wealth, and away from the father's watchful eyes, instruction, supervision, etc. *(cf. Psalms 139:7)*. He was pleased to live a free/loose life, that was indeed a bondage in disguise! *(Romans 6:16)*.

Lots of benefits are for those who remain in God's presence wholly. Contrarily, disasters attend those who prefer to go to far countries’ *(vv. 14-16)*. Don't feel burdened or pissed off by the Lord's supervising presence in your life. Rather, rejoice that you are for, and with Him *(Philippians 4:4)*. Are you already away in the far countries of sin? Return today: repent and rest assured of the Fathers warm welcome embrace *(Luke 15:31)*. It is only in God's presence you have fullness of joy *(Psalms 16:11)*.

*PRAYER POINTS:*
*1.* Nothing will take me from Your presence, oh Lord. Please, help me.
*2.* Lord, by Your power, bring me back from any slavery I have plunged myself into, in anyway.
*3.* Father, bring together, couples who live under the same roof but are far apart in their hearts.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* 1 Corinthians 3 - 5

*Author:* CAC WORLDWIDE
Remain Blessed!

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is Lord / Searching / Knowing The Things Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.