Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,101 members, 7,883,855 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:22 PM

The Mystery Of Female Friendship - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Mystery Of Female Friendship (639 Views)

The Masked Agent(mystery Of The Lineage) / The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship / Fear (Mystery) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Of Female Friendship by Kennyortega(f): 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
THE MYSTERY OF FEMALE FRIENDSHIP

Female friendships have always been the most precarious relationships in life. While this is indeed sad, it is also a testament to the reality that true female friendships are extremely difficult to find and maintain. Stop wasting time and energy on fake companionship. Female friendship are mostly hypocritical, they claim they love each other but they don't. Out of 100% female BFFs, I can say only 5% are totally genuine. a circle of friendship comprises;
-The Girl Who has Everything
It's difficult not to despise the girl who has everything, because in addition to being gorgeous, rich, fashionable
and smart, she's also probably really nice (or great at pretending to be.) Not only does her having everything affect your self-worth, but it may also cause you to become critical (talk crap) of your friendship. If you can keep your emotions in check, then great for you, but if you're in a particularly less advantageous state of affairs, having this kind of friend may state just how unfair life actually is.

-The Misery Lover
They care more about your bad news than your good news. These friends rally when a crisis hits and are even able to make a small incident into a bigger problem, at times. Although we find this friend consoling when–if you’ve gained weight or lost your job, had a fight with your sister or mother, or are suffering along with an unhappy relationship, when the situation worsen, she distances herself.
The User/frenemy
The user stands alone in how every step she takes is purposeful and deliberate. This friend can be enticing and charismatic and knows how to trick her way into one’s life and firmly entrench herself. She also has a hidden agenda and, to this end, considers what is best for her. The conflict is that she’s very appealing; there is a sense that the friendship is attractive enough to keep it intact, as frustrating as it can be. They talk bad about you so much and this is even worse that just mere gossiping. But when they are with you, they are the most angelic thing in the world. This I call The Highest Level Of Hypocrisy.
-The Sacrificer
The sacrificer is the one who takes the leap for her friends, and in tough times, we lean on this person, who is definitely the one that keeps the friendship going. The sacrificer’s search for closeness is often what motivates her, and she is confident that she can handle a friend’s expectations. When a sacrificer discovers that her friends are less dedicated than she, she can be very disappointed because she friend her best to make the friendship work, she even values her friendship more than her relationship (which I find insane because you van never know who is truly happy for u). She is ready to give her last water in the refrigerator to see her friend happy.
The myth of the BFF can be difficult to live up to. It seems that women are loath to confront one another when the friendship is failing. Women are a discursive bunch. They are merely gossip partners rather than friends. Group of girls hardly talk about educational stuff, they talk about other girls, recent breakups, their other female friends(mostly negative talks), etc. If the friendship was talking about just movies, it will be way better. When a female friend knows your deepest secret, trust me; she would want to do everything for you guys to fight so she could spill the beans... I've had my own share of this a lot.
Why most girls gossip each other includes;
-out of boredom...when people can't generate any interesting discussions based on knowledge, gossip becomes the escape route.
-out of envy...people gossip in order to hurt other people just because they are jealous of them and taint their personality.
-out of anger/unhappiness, to feel superior, for attention, etc.
I'd prefer guy/guy friendship n girl/guy friendship over girl/girl friendship.....I'm not saying or mean that girl/girl friendship are hypocritical...no, I mean people are different and may be good friends as they claim but genuine ones are hard to come by. That's why I previously said 5% out of every 100%. I'm not condemning it but based this article is based on my research and personal experience. Though, I don't have much female friends, I probably have few(very few) which I truly appreciate. But I'll be damned and become a hypocrite if I say I don't do the gossip thing or act nicely to a friend that I backbite. I see it kinda like a human thing(mostly girly sh*t).
It takes true emotion to control it and learn how to respect the world FRIEND. That's why sometimes I say I have less friends and acquainted to more people because the word FRIEND' (A person other than a family member, spouse or lover whose company one enjoys and towards whom one feels affection) is being abused and mostly the concept BEST FRIEND.
Yea, I do have someone I call a best friend(Rita or Reeree as she is fondly called)...the most crazy thing I love about our friendship is that; when I met her, I never really liked her at first but it's magical how we became more of sisters than friends....and though, she's very skinny but she would still want us to share clothes.lol..she's such a beautiful soul.
Our friendship is not about sharing clothes though. But I mean we share this bond, that I cant explain and even if we don't talk for days, weeks and or even months...When I call her, she's always there. I met her like 3years back(2014) but the it seems like I've known her all my life.....that feeling when hatred turns to love.....that's just what happened....she's one of the few people I know that will never tanish my image or talk negatively about me behind my back no matter what I tell her or what she knows about me. That's the goal of friendship.
A true friend must tell you the truth no matter how it hurts(it may be your dressing, your size, your relationship, etc.......this is one thing I love about Felicia), a true friend must know how to confront you and not do it a way to make you feel worthless or about them being jealous of you but NO. There must be total honesty.
True friendship doesn't mean there must be lack of fights, quarrels....(there is absolutely no relationship that never fights, be it family, marriage or whatever).. No, but it depends on how quick both are to realize their mistakes and make amends....you must settle things amicably without getting a third party involve. Cos once a third party is there, we would love to spill the beans and wash our dirty linens outside..Trust me......this is very common among the female folks.
As an adult, understand apologizing does not always mean you are wrong, its just that you value your friendship more than your ego. A sorry is enough for you to become friends again but ego can make you strangers for life.
I still don't believe there is something like BFF because one day we will all get separated from each other but don't lose someone that is valuable to you just because of mere communication and attention.
This article is not meant to harm anyone's feeling...it's very easy to teach, but not many are teachable.its just a research that expresses knowledge. Its actually an appreciation and a dedication to all the ladies I know, the ones that are genuine, pretenders,hypocrites, friends and relatives and the ones with the heart of gold. No relationship is worth dying for be it marriage or friendship. When people act like they don't care, move the f*ck on.

But my overall best friend is still my Twinny, my twinstar, the one I can always confide in, the one that will never gossip me and will always tell me the truth to my face no matter how it hurts....even if she's my sister, not all sisters are close to that extent. Some people don't truly know their family members but their pals do.
I'm really grateful to all the girls in my life, to the ones our path crossed and the ones I'd meet later in life...we should learn to live in love and appreciate each other's effort no matter how hard it is...when I do something you don't like or something that's very wrong, I'd so love you if you tell me to my face not another person entirely. Tell me!!!4/24/2017

Kenny Adegbemile
takenny2@gmail.com
Re: The Mystery Of Female Friendship by Kennyortega(f): 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2017
lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

(1) (Reply)

Payback Time(getting Me Back) / CORRECT? / Love Again 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.