Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,958 members, 7,949,271 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:20 AM

Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? (609 Views)

RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs / Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
Please I want to know if Catholic Church is truly a Christian denomination. I am asking this because it seems other church are against Catholic Church

http://www.mmm-express.net
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by coolebux(m): 9:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
What other reason(s)

Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by smart024(m): 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2017
Every other Church on the face of the earth were burn from the Catholic Church...
Therefore, the Catholic church is also a Christian denomination...

God our father is one...
Jesus our saviour is one...
We share one baptism and one faith...
But yet some other Christians look at others as lesser or even fake Christians...

How will one day the head will wake up and tell either the legs or hand or the neck that away with it because it is not important or it can exist on its own...?
Without one organ, the body is no longer complete...

Let's put denominations aside and worship God in spirit and in truth pls...
The one Church should be in our minds and the denominations should only come secondarily...
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by basisop(m): 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
No they Hindu. Ask how the Bible was compiled. Only the Catholic Church know the historical truth about the Bible.
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by An2elect2(f): 9:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
smart024:
Every other Church on the face of the earth were burn from the Catholic Church...

God our father is one...
But yet some other Christians look at others as lesser or even fake Christians...

How will one day the head will wake up and tell either the legs or hand or the neck that away with it because it is not important or it can exist on its own...?

The one Church should be in our minds and the denominations should only come secondarily...
But the Catholic "church" worships God in Mary and in "saints".
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by smart024(m): 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2017
An2elect2:

You can't be serious if that's what you picked out of the so many things I wrote...
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by An2elect2(f): 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
smart024:

You can't be serious if that's what you picked out of the so many things I wrote...
You can't be serious if the "mother church" cannot take the lead in worshipping God in spirit and in truth

1 Like

Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by zionmade(m): 10:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
smart024:

God our father is one...

Hey get ur facts right dat peter was called d first pope didn't make him a Catholic. Catholic is no mother of all churches. Go back to history and find out d name of the first church.
The only thing i know dat makes one a Christian is to believe in d virgin birth of Jesus, his death and resurrection and d confession of d Lordship of Jesus.
And for d fact catholic believe in dat makes dem Christians.
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by smart024(m): 10:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
An2elect2:
You can't be serious if the "mother church" cannot take the lead in worshipping God in spirit and in truth

Is that what you know or that's what they truly teach...?
The Catholic church either ends all their prayers with "through Christ our Lord, who lives and reign with the father and the holy spirit, one God for ever and ever" or call for intercession from the saints and what they look at is the spirit and truth behind it...

I think as a true Christian, you too should say your prayers as a person with a true spirit and truth behind it instead of look at what others are doing...

When you stand before the throne of judgement, you will answer for yourself and not for those (Catholics) you are now looking at...

Aside that, or maybe since you wish to filter some denominations and hold onto some, you should cut off your legs because you don't use it to eat.
Until you will want to walk before you will remember it has its use aside lifting the food and putting it in your mouth...
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
What the Bleep is wrong with christians?All u ever do is fight nd go against urselves....all in the name of religion...This dumb question the Op is bringing up again has been asked so many times ...You guys can keep on doing what u know to do...im outta here
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by smart024(m): 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2017
zionmade:

Hey get ur facts right dat peter was called d first pope didn't make him a Catholic. Catholic is no mother of all churches. Go back to history and find out d name of the first church.
The only thing i know dat makes one a Christian is to believe in d virgin birth of Jesus, his death and resurrection and d confession of d Lordship of Jesus.
And for d fact catholic believe in dat makes dem Christians.

My friend, pls use that phone you are holding and go to this link to educate yourself better before you can come back to take on me...

http://truthforsaints.com/Christian_Denominations/Christian_Denominations.html

Or Google for yourself about the origin of the split of Christianity...
What you talk about is the origination of Christianity from Judaism which is completely different from the point I am making...
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by zionmade(m): 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
smart024:

My friend, pls use that phone you are holding and go to this link to educate yourself better before you can come back to take on me...

http://truthforsaints.com/Christian_Denominations/Christian_Denominations.html

Or Google for yourself about the origin of the split of Christianity...
What you talk about is the origination of Christianity from Judaism which is completely different from the point I am making...
My friend i trace my origin of Christianity from d apostles. And i said again catholic is a no mother to all churches. Catholic began up to 1000 yrs after d establishmneent of Christianity.
I dnt know some people claim to know anything wen they dont
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by smart024(m): 11:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
zionmade:

My friend i trace my origin of Christianity from d apostles. And i said again catholic is a no mother to all churches. Catholic began up to 1000 yrs after d establishmneent of Christianity.
I dnt know some people claim to know anything wen they dont

Link of proves pls...
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by zionmade(m): 11:02pm On Apr 24, 2017
smart024:

Link of proves pls...
So u didn't read d article u referred me to. Anyway dats not d bone of contention for dis post and i have said my mind
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by An2elect2(f): 11:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
smart024:

Is that what you know or that's what they truly teach...?
The Catholic church either ends all their prayers with "through Christ our Lord, who lives and reign with the father and the holy spirit, one God for ever and ever" or call for intercession from the saints and what they look at is the spirit and truth behind it...

I think as a true Christian, you too should say your prayers as a person with a true spirit and truth behind it instead of look at what others are doing...

When you stand before the throne of judgement, you will answer for yourself and not for those (Catholics) you are now looking at...

Aside that, or maybe since you wish to filter some denominations and hold onto some, you should cut off your legs because you don't use it to eat.
Until you will want to walk before you will remember it has its use aside lifting the food and putting it in your mouth...
"Mother church" should take the lead in worshipping in Spirit and in truth first before she starts begging others to overlook her sins and the blood in her hands
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by smart024(m): 7:15am On Apr 25, 2017
An2elect2:
"Mother church" should take the lead in worshipping in Spirit and in truth first before she starts begging others to overlook her sins and the blood in her hands

Hmm...

See people being answerable to the Church instead in God...
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by Wilgrea7(m): 8:08am On Apr 25, 2017
An2elect2:

doesn't make them less of a denomination... they're still the mother church... even if a mother is evil .... it doesn't change the fact that the children wouldn't have been there before the mother.... even if we are to view the denominations as siblings... even if one sibling decides to be bad... he's still a sibling
Re: Is Catholic Church A Christian Denomination? by An2elect2(f): 11:25am On Apr 25, 2017
Wilgrea7:

doesn't make them less of a denomination... they're still the mother church... even if a mother is evil .... it doesn't change the fact that the children wouldn't have been there before the mother.... even if we are to view the denominations as siblings... even if one sibling decides to be bad... he's still a sibling
The mother churches are in the Bible can't find the Catholic "church" among them.

When you see please alert me.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Video Of Fr. Mbaka Making Shocking U Turn, Says “I Support Biafra” / How Should Philosophy Impact The Study Of Theology? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/07/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.