Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,870 members, 7,848,536 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:56 AM

Lets Have A Collabo. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lets Have A Collabo. (1692 Views)

Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) / What's That? ( Horror Collabo Thread)- Be A Part / Scattered Petals. ( Romance Collabo Thread)- Be A Part. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Have A Collabo. by Fmartin(m): 11:34am On Apr 25, 2017
hello everyone.
i will like us to come together and produce a very nice novel through collaboration.
what i mean is this, we will start a story and the next person will start from the last post.
what do you guys think? classcaptain darbeelicious iamlegend1 jonaifame legalbaby raggedyann shawttysofyne skarlett
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Fmartin(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2017
don't be discourage if even though i didn't mention you. ur suggestion is welcome.
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by BiafranBushBoy: 11:59am On Apr 25, 2017
Fmartin:
don't be discourage if even though i didn't mention you. ur suggestion is welcome.

I have an Idea.. Just that I may slow down the whole thing due to work.

I am working on my next story and I need help.
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Fmartin(m): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I have an Idea.. Just that I may slow down the whole thing due to work.

I am working on my next story and I need help.
no problem, litrary work usually needs time. like what type of help?
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Fmartin(m): 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
larabae13 biafranbushboy smallville10 larrysun chumzypinky sleeqiam glowingscenes candy
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fmartin:
larabae13 biafranbushboy smallville10 larrysun chumzypinky sleeqiam glowingscenes candy
u can start
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
Or should i start
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
A beautiful monday morning, the radio can be heard loudly from d next compound, it was raypower... The sun was bright and just coming up, Dre was chewing something that seemed to give him some good smile; it was the last of d meat from d rice... He was on d internet and surfing through nairaland as usual when all off a sudden there was a loud gun shot, he paused to look around, his mind thinks through d calendar and its definately not christmas. The gun goes out again twice and there was screaming outside and suddenly someone barged into his gate and locked it, he quickly looked to see a beautiful stranger.
"who is that" he asked

"sorry sir... Its boko haram o" she said and more gun shots are heard as screaming increased and another banging on his gate and some men shouting in hausa; Dre was scared, he ran outside and togther with d lady they went through the back yard as some men jumped into d compound with machete. He helped the lady jump over the fence, a man was running towards Dre who quickly picked a stone and threw at d man and he fell down, Dre then jumps over the fence and runs to nowhere with d lady

1 Like

Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Fmartin(m): 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
Smallville10:
Or should i start
yea, bt first lets knw d point of view we wil use, what the story wil be all abt, should it be tragi-comedy, comedy or tragidy ?

choices of words (dictions), who ar we targeting? i.e our readers.
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fmartin:
yea, bt first lets knw d point of view we wil use, what the story wil be all abt, should it be tragi-comedy, comedy or tragidy ?

choices of words (dictions), who ar we targeting? i.e our readers.
this one should be mysterious horror-adventure... Dre finds himself in a dangerous situation where he thinks he is d main target in dis danger but discovers its d lady on d run with him and things get twisted
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Fmartin(m): 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
Smallville10:
this one should be horror and adventure... Dre finds himself in a dangerous situation where he thinks he is d main target in dis danger but discovers its d lady on d run with him and things get twisted
ok. the point of view, is it d author or a character in d story that is narrating the story?
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by larabae13(f): 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
Wawu! An adventure nd horror story? I've never tried my hands on this type of genre.

I think I'm going to like this smiley
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Fmartin(m): 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
larabae13:
Wawu! An adventure nd horror story? I've never tried my hands on this type of genre.

I think I'm going to like this smiley
so wich point of view ar u rooting fr?
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by larabae13(f): 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fmartin:
so wich point of view ar u rooting fr?
third person is cool
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Fmartin(m): 2:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
larabae13:
third person is cool
yea. third person omnisient abi?
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by larabae13(f): 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fmartin:
yea. third person omnisient abi?
yeah
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Fmartin(m): 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
ok. smallville10 post the introduction of the story u started then.. anybody will continue from were you stopped.
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Ayoomodaddy(f): 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2017
As they ran, Dre could help the feeling of fear fast rising in him but somewhere at the back of his mind, he knew he had to be strong or at least act strong because of his partner, a lady, who was now crying. They ran and ran until they reached a t-junction. The lady stopped abruptly unsure of which way to go. Dre was also confused but there was no time for confusion now.
'We can't stop like this.' Dre said and dragged the lady towards the right. A gun shot was heard nearby, Dre could swear he saw the bullet whizz past his head, maybe he was just imagining things. With a strenghth the runners had no idea that they possessed, they ran on and got to an uncompleted building. They both rushed inside for cover, so far there had been no shouts. They were not the only ones in the building, there was also another family there whose 3-year old daughter was sobbing. Dre knew it would be unwise for them to stay too long in that building so he decided to take things into his hands. The plan was to rest for twenty minutes, thank God he still had his wrist- watch on.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope I tried... grin

1 Like

Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Ayoomodaddy(f): 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ayoomodaddy:
As they ran, Dre could help the feeling of fear fast rising in him but somewhere at the back of his mind, he knew he had to be strong or at least act strong because of his partner, a lady, who was now crying. They ran and ran until they reached a t-junction. The lady stopped abruptly unsure of which way to go. Dre was also confused but there was no time for confusion now.
'We can't stop like this.' Dre said and dragged the lady towards the right. A gun shot was heard nearby, Dre could swear he saw the bullet whizz past his head, maybe he was just imagining things. With a strenghth the runners had no idea that they possessed, they ran on and got to an uncompleted building. They both rushed inside for cover, so far there had been no shouts. They were not the only ones in the building, there was also another family there whose 3-year old daughter was sobbing. Dre knew it would be unwise for them to stay too long in that building so he decided to take things into his hands. The plan was to rest for twenty minutes, thank God he still had his wrist- watch on.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope I tried... grin

My thought is that Dre is an NYSC member serving somewhere in the North.
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fmartin:
ok. the point of view, is it d author or a character in d story that is narrating the story?
author narrating... Thats d intro i posted
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Fmartin(m): 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
Smallville10:
author narrating... Thats d intro i posted
ok sir. should i continue frm were d lady stop?
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by sleeqiam(f): 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
Holla at at me when the sex scene comes on. Thank you.
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
Following...
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Fmartin(m): 6:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
sleeqiam:
Holla at at me when the sex scene comes on. Thank you.
grin
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Fmartin(m): 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2017
skarlett:
Following...
lol ur turn.. grin
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fmartin:
lol ur turn.. grin

Lol, i just wan observe
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Ayoomodaddy(f): 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
A LITTLE BACKGROUND HISTORY

***********************************************************************************************************

"I want to be a pilot when I grow up" little Dre told his mother while she was preparing the family's dinner. His mother had smiled and patted his head. "That is good my by, make sure you tell your dad to get you toy aeroplanes." Dre was delighted that his mom, of all people, was approving his having a new toy. He wandered off to his 'brother Ugo's' room. Now Dre is the only child of his parents and his dad had named him Dre because he felt the name was fancy. Being the only child of an illeterate business man and a semi-literate trader, Dre lived a very comfortable life. At this time, he was just five years old and was in nursery two. Dre's parents had brought Ugo from the village to come and live with them in Lagos and also help in taking care of Dre.

"Brother Ugo..." Dre screamed as he barged into the room "My mummy said, I can be a pilot and daddy will buy toy aeroplane for me."
"Nwoke, that is good. Oya comot hia go play because I wants to crean (clean) this loom (room)." Dre hissed, he wondered why Ugo was never excited for him.
"Loom ko loom ni." he left the room and went back to join his mother in the kitchen but she too did not have his time. Finally dinner was served, father was home and the family of three settled down to a meal of garri and white soup.

To say that Dre was over-pampered would be an understatement, he lived the life, even better than a king. He was always the envy of the class and his classmates but that did not get into his head as he loved to share his goodies with everybody.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next person please... wink
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Divepen1(m): 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2017
I'll advise that you call it,
A thriller Collabo..
Not everyone love to write thriller, so if it is named a thriller or Adventure Collabo, writers would know what they are plunging themselves into and it would give a sense of direction.
With that someone else can open a Romance Collabo thread.
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Fmartin(m): 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
Divepen1:
I'll advise that you call it,
A thriller Collabo..
Not everyone love to write thriller, so if it is named a thriller or Adventure Collabo, writers would know what they are plunging themselves into and it would give a sense of direction.
With that someone else can open a Romance Collabo thread.
thanks sir
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Divepen1(m): 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
Fmartin:
thanks sir
You're welcome baba
Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Divepen1(m): 5:53pm On Apr 26, 2017
Dre could hear the heavy breathe of the lady but it wasn't as loud as the his own heartbeat.
The little girl's sob progressed into wailing. Dre's turned abruptly and sighed. Her mother, a young lady, gathered into the girl into her own chest and began moving from side to side. ' It's okay dear. Nothing is wrong'.

The little girl gasped as her wailing became sobbing again. Her father could only groan from his corner. His leg was oozing blood but Dre wasn't one that would just meddle with other's business. He crawled forward and scanned the environment to be sure they had a safe passage.

' We have to move'. He couldn't waste another time.
The lady stood straight, panting heavily. She nodded repeatedly.
' Please help us', the woman said as she clambered forward, still rocking the baby.
Dre stared at her for a few seconds. ' With what?'
' My husband. He stepped on a trap.
The man was sweating profusely. He kept groaning.

' We can't take him along', the lady said hastily as he moved towards the door. Gunshots still rang from afar but that wouldn't deter Dre from helping a man in need.
' We can't just leave him'. Although he had no single idea about how to clean the man but there was no way he would leave him, lying there.

' I'm not dying here'. The lady stormed out of the uncompleted building. Her feet crunching sands. Then, he heard her legs crushing leaves and fade off. Dre stared at the woman.
He shook his hands. ' Can't you help him'.
' I can't.... I don't know what to do'.

' Nothing.. Oh God! Who are those people. They killed my mother.'
Tears streamed down her eyes. Her daughter coughed from silence and began to sob again. The woman rocked her.
' There's nothing you can do', the man groaned.

Dre hated such cases as this. He hated not being able to do anything, not being able to help someone in need, being incapable of being a real man.
Someone shouted from afar. They all remained still. Then, a gunshot rang from afar. Yet, this time, the distance was nearer than the other times.

' They are coming'. The woman withdrew till the wall couldn't allow her move further. Her oval eyes roamed in its socket. And her baby wailed again. She cramped the baby's head into her body, tightly.
' You have to go'. The man said and beckoned to his wife. ' Omada, come'.

She shook her head as tiptoed forward. ' We will die'.
' Omada, you won't die'.
The noise of another person rented the air the same time a gunshot rang in the air. The woman whimpered and withdrew into the wall.
' Omada'. The man voice was weak but it was firmer this time. She scramble forward, still rocking her sobbing baby. She knelt beside him as tears streamed down her face.

' Follow this man..' The man said.
The noise began to grow closer.
' We have to move'.
' I'm not leaving you'.
' Take care of my family. Omada watch over my baby'.
' Daddy..' The baby cried. The woman hurriedly muffled the girl's cry with her hand.

The noise from afar ceased for a few seconds then someone shouted. ' That house'.
Dre knew they couldn't make it through the front door anymore. He jumped over the window. ' Give me the baby'.
The woman whose adrenaline had awaken her senses handed the girl to him. The baby whimpered. The woman kissed her husband and jumped over the window.
' Kill them all', someone shouted as heavy boots began to run towards the house.

Dre ran with all his might into the nearest bush, and was sure the woman was running behind him.
' Stop.. Stop' Dre said as he was sure they were safe.

A gun shot rang and someone shouted. Omada screamed and ran towards the uncompleted building. Dre dropped the girl, making sure she wasn't injured in the process and jumped just in time to pull her back into the bush. He dragged her away. One of the gun men ran out and sprayed the bush. Dre pulled down Omada and the little girl.

1 Like

Re: Lets Have A Collabo. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
Fmartin:
ok sir. should i continue frm were d lady stop?
sure

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arrogant Maid. Chapter 1-3 / Amazing November / To The Stars - Kachi Ugo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.