Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,639 members, 7,951,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 08:38 PM

BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees (1536 Views)

Sule Lamido Rejects Bail Condition (See The Bail Conditions) / Nnamdi Kanu’s Family Rejects Bail Condition> Vanguard / Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Ready To Die With Co-Detainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Samtowo(m): 5:29pm On Apr 25, 2017
BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu rejects bail, vows to die with co-detainees

Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has rejected the bail granted to him on Tuesday.

A source close to him told DAILY POST exclusively that Kanu had vowed to remain in Kuje prisons with his co-accused persons.

The Biafra agitator was granted bail on health grounds by Justice Binta Nyako. ‎However, bail was refused his co-accused persons – Mazi Chidiebere Onwudiwe, Mazi Benjamin Madubugwu and David Nwawuisi.

According to the top source, who put a call across to DAILY POST, ‎”I just finished speaking with Kanu. He has vowed to remain at Kuje prisons pending when his co-accused persons are granted bail.

“He made it clear that these other three persons were arrested because of him (Nnamdi) and as such he can’t abandon them there.

“Nnamdi Kanu has, therefore, made it clear that he is ready to stay and die at Kuje Prisons.”

Meanwhile, IPOB has reacted to the bail conditions, describing them as childish.

In a statement by the Media and Publicity Secretary of the group, Comrade Emma Powerful, he said the bail conditions were designed by politicians.

The statement reads:‎ “The indigenous people of Biafra, IPOB and it’s leadership worldwide commend those who put pressure on Nigerian Government and her judiciary to release our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, who has been in detention illegally since October 2015.

“The bail conditions which are most probably designed by politicians who are afraid of our leader’s popularity is too inhuman, childish and stringent.

“The oppressors are afraid of leader’s popularity and they hope to cage him through this funny bail condition, we are not excited, we demand the release of our members detained alongside him.

“It is unacceptable to the entire members of IPOB worldwide that the presiding judge Hon. Justice Binta Nyako attached condition towards the release of our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

“The Federal Government and their judiciary through justice Binta Nyako banned Mazi Nnamdi Kanu not to grant press interview, not to sit with more than 10 people or have any gathering.

“However, granting conditional release to our is unacceptable to us because he committed any crime against humanity or Nigerian state, we wondered why Binta Nyako would prefer to attach conditional release him.

“Again, justice Binta Nyako refused to grant Mazi Chidiebere Onwudiwe, Mazi Benjamin Madubugwu and David Nwawuisi bail who has been detained with our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu since almost two years.

“We also thank the civilise Nations in United Nations, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, American Government, Israeli Government, Russian Government, European Union and others who prevail upon the Nigerian Government and her judiciary to grant our leader bail.

“We also want them to pressure on Nigerian Government and her judiciary to release other three members who are still in Kuje prison Abuja.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/25/breaking-nnamdi-kanu-rejects-bail-vows-die-co-detainees/?utm_source=nnd&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nnd

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hahahaha. mad man!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Nne5: 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by dingbang(m): 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2017
Brotherhood... This is what we should imbibe.. Truly I love this man..

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by GloriaNinja(f): 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2017
HE IS OBSTINATE, THAT'S THE SPIRIT OF LOYALTY, UNLIKE TRAITORS.

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
cool cool.. senior man.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2017
This looks like a media propaganda.Una wan sell newspaper ba?
Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by taiyesoul(f): 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
Where is Ojukwu today abeg?.smh
Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Mynd44: 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by ExpiredNigeria: 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2017
That's it bro. Onye aghana nwanne ya

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Uteghe(m): 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2017
grin grin convoluted press release. Drenched in very poor English. Illiteracy Kwenu!!!!
Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by AntiIPOOP(m): 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
The other surety must be a highly respected Jewish leader since Kanu said his religion was Judaism, while the third person must be a highly respected person who owns landed property and is resident in Abuja.
The judge maintained that the only reason she admitted Kanu to bail was because of his ill health.

i just pity those basstards jubilating grin. Thats the only option for him, to remain there for now, how can he convince any serving senator in Nigeria now to stand as surety for him and deposit his 100 million naira for an unpredictable and disrespectful character like nnamdi? How does he hope to get a Jewish leader to surety him and from where? And finally how can he possibly live in the society without being able to express opinion or interact with people? And some idiots are already singing victory songs, well, wetin concern me, we warned him but he refused to listen, playing to the gallery,now let those riffraffs come and contribute 300 million.

Wetin concern me sef, let the terrorist rot in jail, I don't give a flying fück.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Rtopzy(f): 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
ok o
Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by BlackDBagba: 5:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
sad
Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Luckylife(m): 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
GOD is in control!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Angeleena(m): 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
no afonja, man can exhibit such act,both dead or alive,they can't...

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by sekundosekundo: 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
taiyesoul:
Where is Ojukwu today abeg?.smh

I only know about Awolowo and Abiola; The former drank rat poison and died while the later was eaten by Afonja people according to his son.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by BudeYahooCom: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
Angeleena:

I concur 1000%. I even love Kanu more for this. The bail is a psychological victory but the condition remains UNACCEPTABLE.
All I know is that if this man dies in custody, I'll declare myself a dead man and pick up arms against the tyranical dullard in Abuja.
All men will die someday.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by sekundosekundo: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
AntiIPOOP:

i just pity those basstards jubilating grin. Thats the only option for him, to remain there for now, how can he convince any serving senator in Nigeria now to stand as surety for him and deposit his 100 million naira for an unpredictable and disrespectful character like nnamdi? How does he hope to get a Jewish leader to surety him and from where? And finally how can he possibly live in the society without being able to express opinion or interact with people? And some idiots are already singing victory songs, well, wetin concern me, we warned him but he refused to listen, playing to the gallery,now let those riffraffs come and contribute 300 million.

Wetin concern me sef, let the terrorist rot in jail, I don't give a flying fück.

Cry me a lagoon, before you were saying that he can't be granted bail but today you were disappointed only to be crying here like a school child that missed his meal ticket. Laws are made to be broken if you doubt me, ask your politicians how many laws in your useless constitution they have kept.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by fastjett: 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2017
Shared: Obafemi Gbenga wrote:

See how Buhari has made so fool of himself. The man in prison has become more popular and more acceptable than a so called President. Buhari and his northern cabals has been shame before the whole world. How can you subject a freedom fighter to such bail condition. The whole world must be laughing at the Nigeria Judiciary.What a zoo govern by nomad called Buhari. You cannot tell a person how he or she will associate with people. The bail condition cannot stand test of time. Nnamdi Kanu must grant interview if the opportunity arises. No born of a woman will deny a person freedom of expression or association in the name of bail condition. This justice attended quota system law school, that will be the only reason for such judgment that would bar someone from a gathering of mores that 10 persons and a surety to deposit 100 million, is the justice not sick? God will still disgrace them any day any time. Justice can only be delayed but cannot be denied. Please Justice Binta should go back and study law. Nnamdi Kanu must be released no matter what Dying Buhari thinks about it. Rule of law and common sense must prevail. I feel so sorry for dis country.... Buhari and his allies, is your turn today, tomorrow will be someone else's turn.... POWER is transient... Use yours wisely o..... The hand of oppression and injustice will turn around someday.

Obafemi Gbenga
Long Live Nnamdi Kanu (SAW, PBUH, SWT)
Long live Southern *******!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Buharimustgo: 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
AntiIPOOP:

Better drink poison and die,I curse that your generation will experience injustice as long as one exist on this earth for supporting wickedness,fool

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
A true leader who was born today. Kanu just earned my respect.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Tazdroid(m): 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
Together in struggle, "always and forever"
Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Kherry: 6:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
Angeleena:
but afonja fayose nd ffk stood for him while none of s.east politician was there for him.

osu are cowards
Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by Kherry: 6:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
Angeleena:
but afonja fayose nd ffk stood for him while none of s.east politician was there for him.

osu are cowards .
Re: BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Bail, Vows To Die With Co-detainees by odogwubiafra: 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2017
AntiIPOOP:

See your analysis for being stupid. You are calling him a terrorist while the real terrorists are escaping and bombing defenceless Nigerians in the North on daily basis. Kidnapping, molesting and forcefully converting christians to muslims. And you are here showcasing your ignorance and stupidity.

The North that is plotting Biafra not leaving knows that once Biafra leaves, other sub Southern regions will want to secede too. And once that is done, Nigeria is finished because the Northern/Southern relationship has been always parasitic.

On the other hand, the Western world as political as they are, will pretend they soo much like Nigeria, they are just protecting their interest via outstanding international indebtedness. If the cash cows leave, who will bail the cat.

Grow up zombie.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Threatens To Kill Obasanjo And Household / President Buhari Arrives Nigeria. / There Is A Calculated Plan To Catastrophically Destroy Diezani Madueke Via Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.