Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,689 members, 7,938,091 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 05:14 PM

Something For Nigerian Youths To Ponder About - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something For Nigerian Youths To Ponder About (474 Views)

Onnoghen: Osinbajo, NBA Ponder Six-point Resolution. / Threat Scenario Nigeria Must Ponder About, And QUICKLY. / Threat Scenario Nigeria Must Ponder About, And QUICKLY. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Something For Nigerian Youths To Ponder About by Denko2721987(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2017
Culled from a Facebook Post by First Baba Isa

The next French President is 39 years old. But that is not the news..."

What the gaddamn heck! That is the news! That is the news! Damn us, that's the news. Please excuse my language, I'm really angry. The fact that most people who are sharing and circulating this post on Facebook are young Nigerians make my blood boil with something of an admixture of anger and frustration.

Now read the remaining part of the post Nigerian youths are sharing:

"He is married to a 64 year-old, that is still not the news.

His wife was his class teacher 24 years ago...not still the news.

His then class teacher had a daughter who was his classmate... everybody including his parents thought this teacher's daughter was his girlfriend...nope they were wrong.

He fell in love with his class teacher when he was 15...she was "happily married" with 3 kids...now the "happily married" is relative in this context.

At 17, he promised to marry her. She was at the time 42 years.

They got married in 2007 with our man now 30...well she was almost 55.

Next month he is going to be sworn-in as the President of France 6 months to his 40th birthday while his lovely wife who has 3 adult kids and 7 grandchildren (her first child is two years older than her husband while her second child, the former classmate/sweetheart is the same age as him).

His name is Emmanuel Macron (39) and he is the next President of France."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So did you get the news? The news is about Macron marrying an older woman... That is only what most Nigerian youths are seeing: a 39-year old marrying a 64-year old, she was her teacher, she has daughters her husband's mate, they have 3 children, they bla bla...

In Nigeria a 39-year old is not even qualified legally to run for president. But that is not the news for a Nigerian Youth. The news is the next date with either someone older or younger. Our Constitution says one must be 40 years before you can run for president and instead of Macron's age to inspire us to start a massive campaign to get the Constitution amended, no, that's not the news. The news is the menopause status of Macron's wife.

How can the older generation who has a stranglehold on power take us seriously? We keep calling on them to just retire and handover power to us; where is it done like that? A 39-year old is cruising to victory in France and instead of us to do an indepth study of his campaign, policies, team and the political ecosystem that is making him possible, all we care about is who he is having sex with later in the evening. That is what is trending online. Shame no dey catch us I swear.

See us online... Talking what we don't know, spreading false information without even small sense and patience to ask google, fighting each other for politicians who see us no more than common attack dogs...

We need to mend our ways and take us seriously. I will begin a series of articles and activities to challenge and position the Nigerian Youth. This has been in the cooler for some time now, but it cant wait anymore. I will be teaming up with some Nigerian youths especially from Cross River State my primary constituency.

If we want power let's take it. Let's stop waiting around for someone to hand it to us.

Who is with me on this?

NOTE:- Please those who don't know (probably indomie generation children grin grin), Emmanuel Macron is yet to be President until after the final run-off elections in 2 weeks with his standing opponent Marine Le Pen.. The poster was only trying to be projective of Macron as he seems the likely candidate to win the presidential race..

Re: Something For Nigerian Youths To Ponder About by Ayanfeoluwaoba(f): 6:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
I am in, how do we connect?

I was thrilled at the age thing when I read about him this morning.
Re: Something For Nigerian Youths To Ponder About by Denko2721987(m): 12:12am On Apr 26, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Economic Recovery Plan: FG Begins Development Of Cost Analysis / 2017 Budget: Police Succumb, Return Items Seized From Goje’s Home / Who Is The Most Popular Igbo Politician?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.