Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,047 members, 7,903,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:18 PM

Dehumanization And Brutalization Of Innocent Civilians By The Nigerian Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dehumanization And Brutalization Of Innocent Civilians By The Nigerian Army (712 Views)

Police Brutalization Of Igbo Women In Owerri: Another Sore Wound Of The Republic / Soldiers Harassing Innocent Civilians In Aba / Senate Reacts To Arrest Of Innocent Chukwuma, Innoson Motors Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dehumanization And Brutalization Of Innocent Civilians By The Nigerian Army by GateKeeper247: 1:54am On Apr 26, 2017
Hello all, with the currently trending video of the brutalized civilian, please I want us to share our experiences and possibly what the law has to protect us from such happenings; because I feel most people don't know their rights that is why these things go unpunished; you see a girl who dates a military man misbehaving and for little to no offense would want to bring her said military spouse to come and cause havoc to innocent Nigerians; I have friends in the Army personally who believe they are mini-gods even when a policeman asks them simple questions they get offended and want to fight/beat up the officer; for crying out loud you all are in the same business; where is the camaraderie, the esprit de corps? The other time I was terribly disappointed a general slapped a barrister to comma; in Abuja the said barrister works for a radio show that claims to be giving voice to the voiceless and the general went scot-free; I remember a general in Zaria who shot a civilian for taking a leak on his fence, nothing happened, A friend recently got beaten to a pulp by a married major of the Nigerian army, because the said friend was with a girl who he was hoping to date and the major seems to be providing for some of her needs remember he is married here; cheating on his wife and he went ahead to beat up this young gentleman with his boys, he cooked up a story that this young man wanted to kill him. Lots of stories like this; Remember the lady in the Lagos traffic? Can't remember how that one ended. So what I want is how does the Nigerian law protect its citizens against these senseless and inhumane thoughts and actions you find with the Uniformed Men; Mostly the Army, cause i think they are the most culpable. The other day a soldier shot dead a civilian at a brothel in Maiduguri, the story/excuse was so dumb, but the so called court martial panel would believe the cooked up story about how civilians saw him and were trying to snatch his gun, so the pattern for most of these guys is this, they know what they're doing is mostly wrong especially for the junior officers and non officer cadre, they come up with flimsy stories to justify their actions. I was terribly disappointed when that general had his cake and ate it too; for sending a barrister to comma, not just any barrister a well known barrister in abuja, on the popular Brekete radio programme of ordinary Ahmed Isah. Compare it with what you find in other climes; there is always this spirit of camaraderie between all their uniform men, even the civilian relationship is commendable.

3 Likes

Re: Dehumanization And Brutalization Of Innocent Civilians By The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 2:08am On Apr 26, 2017
Africans have not fully evolved. They have no notion of what it means to uphold and fight for human dignity.

4 Likes

Re: Dehumanization And Brutalization Of Innocent Civilians By The Nigerian Army by khadaffi(m): 2:14am On Apr 26, 2017
The question should be "Do we really need the army as an institution in Africa?"

3 Likes

Re: Dehumanization And Brutalization Of Innocent Civilians By The Nigerian Army by billyholiday: 2:28am On Apr 26, 2017
Re: Dehumanization And Brutalization Of Innocent Civilians By The Nigerian Army by Jajayi: 2:29am On Apr 26, 2017
Nice write up
GateKeeper247:
Hello all, with the currently trending video of the brutalized civilian, please I want us to share our experiences and possibly what the law has to protect us from such happenings; because I feel most people don't know their rights that is why these things go unpunished; you see a girl who dates a military man misbehaving and for little to no offense would want to bring her said military spouse to come and cause havoc to innocent Nigerians; I have friends in the Army personally who believe they are mini-gods even when a policeman asks them simple questions they get offended and want to fight/beat up the officer; for crying out loud you all are in the same business; where is the camaraderie, the esprit de corps? The other time I was terribly disappointed a general slapped a barrister to comma; in Abuja the said barrister works for a radio show that claims to be giving voice to the voiceless and the general went scot-free; I remember a general in Zaria who shot a civilian for taking a leak on his fence, nothing happened, A friend recently got beaten to a pulp by a married major of the Nigerian army, because the said friend was with a girl who he was hoping to date and the major seems to be providing for some of her needs remember he is married here; cheating on his wife and he went ahead to beat up this young gentleman with his boys, he cooked up a story that this young man wanted to kill him. Lots of stories like this; Remember the lady in the Lagos traffic? Can't remember how that one ended. So what I want is how does the Nigerian law protect its citizens against these senseless and inhumane thoughts and actions you find with the Uniformed Men; Mostly the Army, cause i think they are the most culpable. The other day a soldier shot dead a civilian at a brothel in Maiduguri, the story/excuse was so dumb, but the so called court martial panel would believe the cooked up story about how civilians saw him and were trying to snatch his gun, so the pattern for most of these guys is this, they know what they're doing is mostly wrong especially for the junior officers and non officer cadre, they come up with flimsy stories to justify their actions. I was terribly disappointed when that general had his cake and ate it too; for sending a barrister to comma, not just any barrister a well known barrister in abuja, on the popular Brekete radio programme of ordinary Ahmed Isah. Compare it with what you find in other climes; there is always this spirit of camaraderie between all their uniform men, even the civilian relationship is commendable.
Re: Dehumanization And Brutalization Of Innocent Civilians By The Nigerian Army by hisgrace090: 5:01am On Apr 26, 2017
Too barberic.
In Nigeria uniform turns men to god.
Re: Dehumanization And Brutalization Of Innocent Civilians By The Nigerian Army by locosis007(m): 7:08am On Apr 26, 2017
Nigerian Army are being dehumanized, calling it training..

so a dehumanized soldier or navy will only Dole out dehumanized acts when provoked.

Nigerian army need revolution amongst each echelon. (mostly it training)
say no to drugs
say no to oppression.

2 Likes

Re: Dehumanization And Brutalization Of Innocent Civilians By The Nigerian Army by orunto27: 7:16am On Apr 26, 2017
They are clearing ways for a "Trans Nigerian Muhammadu Buhari Super Grazing High Ways" in all the 36 states of The Federation.
Re: Dehumanization And Brutalization Of Innocent Civilians By The Nigerian Army by kingzizzy: 7:20am On Apr 26, 2017
The Nigerian Army is not a professional security organisation same as its counterparts in Nigeria. Add that to the fact that Africans are generally not civilised and you have a situation where someone thinks that wearing a green uniform and carrying a gun is licence to impunity.
Re: Dehumanization And Brutalization Of Innocent Civilians By The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 26, 2017
its frustration.... Nigerian soldiers are frustrated
Re: Dehumanization And Brutalization Of Innocent Civilians By The Nigerian Army by orunto27: 7:32am On Apr 26, 2017
The Military is spoiling for Coup. And will reap Shame in the end.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Reacts To A Tweet That Nigeria Needs Buhari / Emeka Ihedioha: The Achiever / Magu: Assassins After Me For Seeking Magu's Removal, This Lawyer Cries Out(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.