Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,662 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:27 AM

Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment (41402 Views)

Winners Chapel Donates Ambulance And Ventilators To NCDC In Abuja / Winners Chapel Members' Houses In Oyedepo's Canaancity / Winners Chapel Liberation Center In Texas: Video Of Multi Million Dollar Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
Adaowerri111:
Good prerequisite, that's how they want to run their skuul, if you can't obey God go work for Buhari, you're too small to dictate what happens in winners chapel, go look for job elsewhere

Bulllshiittt

2 Likes

Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by Andrewkinggg: 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
Anyone who doesn't find anything wrong in this, you really need to check yourself seriously and be honest with it.

My church (catholic) employs a Muslim(Hausa man) as a gateman in the church, he even prays his Islamic prayers in the church compound by his gatehouse. Of course he's not a member and he doesn't pay tithe to the church.

There's also a clinic in the church, a woman who attends deeper life works in the clinic as a nurses. She doesn't pay tithe to the church and she's not a catholic.

This is wrong, give the job to who needs the job.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by RosaConsidine: 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
alignacademy:
Thanks for sharing.

At least now you know you don't meet the requirements of that organization, please look for ANOTHER job.

Various religious organizations have their own employment policies.

The motives may not be clear to some of us, but they do reserve the right to determine who they want to work with.

Just like most of us are not too excited about wearing ties, yet certain organizations DEMAND you wear them to work faithfully, again for their own reasons.

Not being a tithing member of THAT organization doesn't mean you should give up on yourself and say "Welcome to Nigeria".

Are they the only people hiring?

Please brush up your CV and look for people who need your skills.

But it's a school not a religious organisation.

1 Like

Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by nuelsylves(m): 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
anochuko01:

brother, this isn't judgement naa.... its a simple thing. ''bring your tithe card'' it happens EVERYWHERE. even Jesus said ''carry your cross and follow me'' ''give what belongs to Cesar to Cesar''... that person is only pained. if I seek for job in Islamic school and they ask me to come with my Quran, ''tesbau'' and co, would it be right for me to complain? let's reason naaaw, ah!

Bro it's a pure judgement. Any church asking anyone to bring his/her tithe card is to judge whether the person is paying tithe or not.

Your quotation about Jesus saying "carry your cross and follow me" doesn't relate to our subject matter unless if you can explain.

He never ask his Apostles/Disciples to go about cross checking those giving or not giving Caesar what belongs to Caesar.

We're not comparing Islam with Christianity.

Judging if a Christian is paying tithe or not is unbiblical and unChristian and using it as a criteria for benefits of any kind in Christian organisations are wrong and should be condemned.
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by anochuko01(m): 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2017
nuelsylves:

Bro it's a pure judgement. Any church asking anyone to bring his/her tithe card is to judge whether the person is paying tithe or not.

Your quotation about Jesus saying "carry your cross and follow me" doesn't relate to our subject matter unless if you can explain.

He never ask his Apostles/Disciples to go about crossing checking those giving or not giving Caesar what belongs to Caesar.

We're not comparing Islam with Christianity.

Judging if a Christian is paying tithe or not is unbiblical and unChristian and using it as a criteria for benefits of any kind in Christian organisations are wrong and should be condemned.

Jesus himself was here observing people's MONEY.
Mark 12:41-44 The Message (MSG)
Sitting across from the offering box, he was observing how the crowd tossed money in for the collection. Many of the rich were making large contributions. One poor widow came up and put in two small coins—a measly two cents. Jesus called his disciples over and said, “The truth is that this poor widow gave more to the collection than all the others put together. All the others gave what they’ll never miss; she gave extravagantly what she couldn’t afford—she gave her all.”

This is a SPIRITUAL matter here, it goes way beyond ordinary card. this is the CORE value WINNERS church is known for; TITHING! you shouldn't expect anything less.
Bishop's car once had a flat tire, next thing he asked his driver was ''are you sure you're a tither?!''
its more than the money bro. its deeper than that.
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by balanceofterror1(m): 3:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
Adaowerri111:
Good prerequisite, that's how they want to run their skuul, if you can't obey God go work for Buhari, you're too small to dictate what happens in winners chapel, go look for job elsewhere

How can a person rubbing God be employed in a Christian organization. My Pastor once stopped a woman from traveling with him to Europe cause of this. Any Christian that doesn't pay tithe is a thief and cannot be trusted b'cos h/she is yet to conquer greed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by alwaysvik: 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
Adaowerri111:

Does it not sound like fanaticism? Does it mean a teacher who isn't a Christian cannot work there? Would they admit Muslim students? These are questions that come to mind as I think on this event.

How did we get here? My secondary school CRK (Christian Religious Knowledge)teacher was a muslim woman, and boy she did a great job as a professional teacher. Not only that, she also taught IRK (Islamic Religious Knowledge). Those were the glory days when Secondary school students can joke freely about Jesus and Mohammed without fear of being bombed or expelled the next day.

What does imparting knowledge have to do with my personal life with God and tithing? The success of a lot of countries is based on a separation of state and religion. Meaning that at secular levels, you can work anywhere regardless of your beliefs. Countries like the US, Canada, Sweden, and other successful countries are working on this model. It means also that the best people get into the best positions, so long as they do well in their assigned job functions.

I am also assuming that the school has only Christian students. As a father, I would not enrol my son in a mono-religious school. I believe he needs to learn to play, work, mix, quarrel, and get along with peers of different backgrounds. Afterall, we all want our children to be international men and women. We honestly cannot expect them to get comfortable if they never learnt to work with people whose views on life and religion do not match theirs. The trend of having Muslim schools and Christian schools is dangerous at its very root. Even more worrisome is that it has grown even to the University level. Redeemer's University, Covenant, Al-Hikmah all come to mind here.

We are breaking our country and laying the groundwork for future destruction, on both the tribal and religious fronts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by olashas(f): 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
Namzy:
Sad. Watch some come and defend this
They are already defending it.
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by danot1030: 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
Must people rants over everything, should the church now neglect their members that has invested to the system to employ an outsider?

Anyone who's not pleased should ask his or her own pastor to establish a school to employ him or her.

1 Like

Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by goldedprince: 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
this is like going to ask mama iyabo to take rice for credit when before now, you always buy rice from mama tunde.
why do you expect mama iyabo to give you rice on credit?
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by balanceofterror1(m): 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2017
Andrewkinggg:
Anyone who doesn't find anything wrong in this, you really need to check yourself seriously and be honest with it.

My church (catholic) employs a Muslim(Hausa man) as a gateman in the church, he even prays his Islamic prayers in the church compound by his gatehouse. Of course he's not a member and he doesn't pay tithe to the church.

There's also a clinic in the church, a woman who attends deeper life works in the clinic as a nurses. She doesn't pay tithe to the church and she's not a catholic.

This is wrong, give the job to who needs the job.

The Muslim and Deeper life members your church employed I am sure they met the requirements hence their employment. This one should also meet her requirement. If the position she applied is for those that are not greedy in the church, the only physical way the church could know is through her tithing b'cos it takes a person that have conquered greed to pay tithe.
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by uzolexis(f): 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2017
danot1030:
Must people rants over everything, should the church now neglect their members that has invested to the system to employ an outsider?

Anyone who's not pleased should ask his or her own pastor to establish a school to employ him or her.

but the church admits students who are outsiders. why don't they give the same condition to the parents of their students and let's see how many students they'll have. The school is secular, whoever is qualified irrespective of religious affiliation should be employed. I attended a catholic secondary school, very many of our teaching and non-teaching staff were non-catholics

3 Likes

Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by celestialAgent(m): 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2017
refreshrate:

Npower what?
Did he not declare his own in Washington DC against a whole region?

Or you think those claiming "proudly 5%" only say so for fun?

Guy swerve abeg

Let's divide this country una no go gree
I weep for your sense of humor.

Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by Tpave(m): 3:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
oyienootieno:

Na So dem teach us fruad, yahoo boys and PoliticiaPoliticians carry am for ghana must go bag e pass to carry am for head.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by Andrewkinggg: 3:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
balanceofterror1:

The Muslim and Deeper life members your church employed I am sure they met the requirements hence their employment. This one should also meet her requirement. If the position she applied is for those that are not greedy in the church, the only physical way the church could know is through her tithing b'cos it takes a person that have conquered greed to pay tithe.

Haha lol smiley
What requirement could they have met if not them being qualified for the job regardless of their place of worship or whether or not they pay tithe?

Tithing was never compulsory to start with, so it shouldn't be the basis to state whether a person is greedy or not before a person can be given a job.

Of course you'll be the first person to cry if you go to a firm for an employment in a Muslim company and you were asked if you are a Muslim and you said no; and you were been told sorry they cannot offer you this employment for that reason..!
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by refreshrate: 3:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
celestialAgent:
I weep for your sense of humor.

Stick to your fixing tecno phones please.

Thank you
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by Andrewkinggg: 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2017
danot1030:

But they neglected some of their members by giving non members admission. Oh I've forgotten their school isn't for their poor members. What a joke of a church!!! smiley
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by thunderbabs: 4:01pm On Apr 26, 2017
Yea, Jesus is Lord !!!

All institutions dt make up d system called society are the cankerworms destroying the system, Nigeria.

If they were professional about it, they would ve at least granted d applicant the opportunity to write test nd b interviewed and since dt tithe card is a criterion, you use it to disqualify applicant at the interview stage without the applicant even knowing buh unprofessional abt it..... undecided

Jesus try for hin time sha, accomodating everyone from whatever group, tribe, religion, or clan u from buh d church of today,,,,can never be Jesus....jus copyin small small of Jesus
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by danot1030: 4:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
uzolexis:

but the church admits students who are outsiders. why don't they give the same condition to the parents of their students and let's see how many students they'll have. The school is secular, whoever is qualified irrespective of religious affiliation should be employed. I attended a catholic secondary school, very many of our teaching and non-teaching staff were non-catholics

Understand business.
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by danot1030: 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
Andrewkinggg:

But they neglected some of their members by giving non members admission. Oh I've forgotten their school isn't for their poor members. What a joke of a church!!! smiley

Business sense.
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by Hygizee(m): 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
Every organization has its own criteria jst as to get a lucrative post in nigeria u must come frm the north nd a muslim
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by Peachbloom(f): 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2017
Most of the comments here are from 70% of winners church member. They will never agree to remove the log in their eyes. smiley grin

2 Likes

Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by beautycrush24(f): 4:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
Adaowerri111:
so make dem employ person wey nor be their member abi or person wey nor dey pay tithe, those wey dey pay how dem go come do them?

Since dem dey pay tithe, e mean say dem get job. duh!
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by nuelsylves(m): 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
anochuko01:

Jesus himself was here observing people's MONEY.
Mark 12:41-44 The Message (MSG)
Sitting across from the offering box, he was observing how the crowd tossed money in for the collection. Many of the rich were making large contributions. One poor widow came up and put in two small coins—a measly two cents. Jesus called his disciples over and said, “The truth is that this poor widow gave more to the collection than all the others put together. All the others gave what they’ll never miss; she gave extravagantly what she couldn’t afford—she gave her all.”

This is a SPIRITUAL matter here, it goes way beyond ordinary card. this is the CORE value WINNERS church is known for; TITHING! you shouldn't expect anything less.
Bishop's car once had a flat tire, next thing he asked his driver was ''are you sure you're a tither?!''
its more than the money bro. its deeper than that.

Very funny!

Jesus watching those people putting in their offerings wasn't to judge them but rather to teach His disciples 'sacrificial giving'.

Jesus called His disciples over to Him and said to them, "Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the contributors to the treasury; for they all put in out of their SURPLUS, but she, out of her poverty, put in ALL SHE OWNED, all she had to LIVE ON" (vv. 43–44). That is 'sacrificial giving'.

He never asked his disciples in that passages to always compel or use cards to mark those paying tithe or giving offerings.
The passage you quoted above doesn't justified using tithe payment as a criteria for employment.

Concerning your story about a bishop with a flat tire asking the driver if he's a tithe payer, why didn't Jesus asked his disciples if they are tithe Payers when their boat was in danger of sinking? (though this doesn't relate to the topic being discussed above).
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by micxwell(m): 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2017
nuelsylves:

Very funny!

Jesus watching those people putting in their offerings wasn't to judge them but rather to teach His disciples 'sacrificial giving'.

Jesus called His disciples over to Him and said to them, "Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the contributors to the treasury; for they all put in out of their SURPLUS, but she, out of her poverty, put in ALL SHE OWNED, all she had to LIVE ON" (vv. 43–44). That is 'sacrificial giving'.

He never asked his disciples in that passages to always compel or use cards to mark those paying tithe or giving offerings.
The passage you quoted above doesn't justified using tithe payment as a criteria for employment.

Concerning your story about a bishop with a flat tire asking the driver if he's a tithe payer, why didn't Jesus asked his disciples if they are tithe Payers when their boat was in danger of sinking? (though this doesn't relate to the topic being discussed above).
Hmmm. My prayer is that, God should minister to each and everyone of us personally. Especially those who still think that tithe paying is a criteria for God's blessing.

1 Like

Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by farem: 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2017
Adaowerri111:
You have actually hit the 'Mace' on the head!
It shows the kind of person the lady in question is-bringing this event into the social media. How can anyone believe she can reap where they didn't sow? Are these not the same anti-tithing warriors who would love to work where the tithes money established?

There spiritual idiots will feel cool working in a church establishment without contributing anything (physical or spiritual) to it. Churches are not 'fool' anymore: those who invest into church, one way or the other, must be taken care of first. That's Biblical!

You reap where you sow. Many faithful tithers have not been gainfully engaged and one parasite is foaming .
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by SheIsElle(f): 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by TeamSimple(m): 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2017
Adaowerri111:
Isn't it the same thing as a Muslim owned company telling an applicant to read the Quran as a pre requisite?

What would you have say?

1 Like

Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by balanceofterror1(m): 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2017
Andrewkinggg:

Haha lol smiley
What requirement could they have met if not them being qualified for the job regardless of their place of worship or whether or not they pay tithe?

Tithing was never compulsory to start with, so it shouldn't be the basis to state whether a person is greedy or not before a person can be given a job.

Of course you'll be the first person to cry if you go to a firm for an employment in a Muslim company and you were asked if you are a Muslim and you said no; and you were been told sorry they cannot offer you this employment for that reason..!

I can't go to mosque for employment. A greedy person cannot pay tithe and cannot be entrusted with some positions in a Christian firm. A Christian that does not pay tithe is a thief. How can the church employ a thief?.
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by farem: 5:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
balanceofterror1:

I can't go to mosque for employment. A greedy person cannot pay tithe and cannot be entrusted with some positions in a Christian firm. A Christian that does not pay tithe is a thief. How can the church employ a thief?.
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by hemenie(m): 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2017
Namzy:
Sad. Watch some come and defend this
Sickens me!
Re: Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment by farem: 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
TallestTj:
D last time I checked, God said ur tithe is 10% of ur harvest / income, so how does a jobless person pay tithe... Na WA for Christianity for naija oooo

Don't mix things up. Churches know and encourage those who are committed in other ways. But if she is altogether a waste to churches -nothing for her!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Arrives Liberia For A Crusade, Lady Kneels Down To Welcome Him / Progress And Riches Of A Family In Benin Locked & Tied Through Diabolical Means / Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.