Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,096 members, 7,890,610 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:55 PM

Biggest Billionaire Investors In Nigeria - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Biggest Billionaire Investors In Nigeria (385 Views)

Investors In -dog Breeding Needed. / Bonds Investors Hub / Investors In Cryptocurrencies Are Gamblers — Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biggest Billionaire Investors In Nigeria by lacemose(m): 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
TOP 5 NIGERIANS THAT BECAME BILLIONAIRES THROUGH INVESTMENTS
this year like I wrote in most of my previous article is a year of investment due to the recession we are currently facing in the country. If we can recall, in the year 2005, N500 can buy us bread, milk, milo etc and there would still be change left, but nowadays it doesn't happen that way again, even the N500 might not even purchase the bread alone. So in order to sustain yourself for the future, investment is the best option.
I was discussing with the driver for my office just yesterday and he asked me to give him an advice based on what he wanted to do, let me tell you what he told me in details..He told me that before he started working in my office, he was paid N40, 000 and he could do a lot of different things with the money, but now he is paid N30, 000, and the prices of things has gone up, that if he just gets a bag of rice from the money (now about N20, 000) that the whole money is finished and that he also want to pay his rent, his child school fees Cox he doesn't ever want his child to be thrown out of school because of that.
He said what he started thinking of was to open an account for his son and be depositing some cash there for him to cater for his fees and he needs my advice on that. The first advice I gave to him was not to save the money in the bank for him, because like I started before the value of money changes and here in Nigeria, the value of money is dropping drastically... I gave him an instance, that if he finally succeeds in saving like N200, 000 for his sons fees after a lot of hard work and sweat and the fees becomes N180, 000, what's he going to do about it. So the best advice in gave to him was to invest the money, because with investment, you change as the value of money changes. Now back to the main topic of today "top 5 NIGERIANS that became billionaires through invetments".
This days not everyone thinks too much about investing, what comes to most people mind now when they get money is to squander it immediately hoping it will still come to them again which is not the right way. These five people above all odds put it to heart to invest and most of them are smiling seriously as billionaires today. In this article, I will, be listing just five but subsequent posts, I will talk of others who had broken the grounds and exposed the light in investment.

1. ALIKO DANGOTE: I started with this billionaire because yes of course he is my mentor and the richest of them all, he is just like snow White to her step mother when it comes to investment (being the fairest of them all)..lol, even if I had to write another article based on billionaires in Nigeria, Aliko Dangote would still come first.
One thing I love about Aliko Dangote is that he is very humble, he started his investment plans in the year 1977 after working with his uncle for some years, he later asked for a loan from him to start up his own business. His uncle Dantata Dangote gave him N500, 000 to start up his business and gave him 3 months ultimatum to pay back the money. The great investor was able to meet up with the 3 months in paying back the money.
Today, he owns and runs so many companies like Dangote sugar, Dangote cement, Dangote spaghetti and every every under the Dangote group of companies. As at January 2015, he was worth $18.3 billion and now he is growing, trying to invest in petroleum now, he is currently building a refinery now.

2. FEMI OTEDOLA: No doubt ...

Read more @ http://www.sundayjoe.com/2017/04/top-5-billionaire-investors-in-nigeria.html

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Investment Opportunity / Digital Currency: Your Last Warning To Invest! Are We Buying Or Selling? / Perfect Money Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.